Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

August recruiting thread (4 Viewers)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Also top 100 WR Cortez Mills for the MU game

2025 receiver Cortez Mills is keeping Nebraska on his radar​

2025 Top247 receiver Cortez Mills has Nebraska connections​

Will TurboffWILL TURBOFFAug 25th, 10:29 AMVIP0

When Cortez Mills finished his sophomore season at Homestead High School last December, he and the Broncos were led by head coach Philip Simpson, who now serves as a Defensive Quality Control coach for Nebraska. Although it was a tough loss for Mills and the program in general, it certainly didn’t end the connection.

With Mills’ recruitment and Simpson’s recruiting efforts both on the rise over the last few months, there’s been more than a few opportunities for the two to catch up.

“Since then, we’ve been getting closer and closer because he really wants me to come up there and I know that he’s not gonna do me wrong,” he said. “I saw it when he was coaching me last year in high school, so I know he knows what he’s doing and now he’s on another level and he wants me to take it up another notch too.”

As Mills rolls into his junior season and the the contact period remains open for 2025 athletes, the Top247 receiver is seeing an uptick in activity from schools like UCF, Florida State, Florida, Texas A&M, Auburn, South Carolina, Georgia and many others, but maybe none more so than the Huskers.

“They’re showing me how much work they see me put in, they know about the talent that I have,” Mills said in a conversation with Husker247. “I’ve been doing this since I first got to high school and now they know.”

In the last few weeks, it hasn’t just been Simpson who’s been doing good by the Miami native, but several within the program in Lincoln have been making sure to keep close tabs, including Huskers’ wide receivers coach Garret McGuire, who Mills claims he instantly felt a strong bond with from their first conversation.

“He’s been keeping in contact with me everyday.” claimed Mills. “He’s been treating me like I’m one of his own already, stuff he says makes me feel like that. What I really like about him is that he’s so young. I know he’s gonna stay in the game for a long time, and he’s gonna be able to teach me stuff if he’s my coach, but we can already just vibe with each other on and off the field.”

In finding the ideal spot for his future college destination, Mills has taken note of what some other elite Miami athletes have been doing lately, and based on Nebraska’s recent success in the area, it definitely doesn’t hurt that link.

“He likes that Miami talent, he knows where to go when he’s looking for talent,” he said of McGuire. “When they come for receivers, they know where to look because there’s dogs down here.”

Speaking of wide receivers from the area, Mills and his Homestead crew will kick off their season against Palmetto High, who features Huskers’ commit Jacory Barney Jr. As Barney leads his team at both quarterback and receiver, Mills will be sure to keep a close eye in Friday’s game.

“I’m just excited to show my talent and show everyone what I’ve been doing every week,” Mills said. “To me, it’s not a big game, it’s a normal game and another opportunity for me, but I’m excited to play against Jacory, I know he’s been working too.”

In the midst of his season, Mills will look to visit a number of the schools that have expressed interest in him lately, which includes his initial visit to Nebraska for the Huskers’ game against Michigan on September 30th.

Mills is currently ranked as the No. 98 overall prospect in the 2025 class, the No. 16 wide receiver in the nation and the No. 19 player in the state of Florida for his class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite rankings.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
2027 6'5 250 from Sweden

sweden ulic GIF by LPGA

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Oklahoma recruiting press has clearly become more pessimistic on Brix since Thursday; the site staffs have essentially stopped talking about him since he didn't commit Friday. Even the number one optimist, Thune, has grown gloomy. Thune at one time said if Brix hadn't committed to OU by the end of August he wouldn't be coming. I took that to mean he may have had a deadline, as OU is still recruiting 3 OLs - two Rivals 6.0s and a Rivals 5.7.

1693229339973.png

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
Oklahoma recruiting press has clearly become more pessimistic on Brix since Thursday; the site staffs have essentially stopped talking about him since he didn't commit Friday. Even the number one optimist, Thune, has grown gloomy. Thune at one time said if Brix hadn't committed to OU by the end of August he wouldn't be coming. I took that to mean he may have had a deadline, as OU is still recruiting 3 OLs - two Rivals 6.0s and a Rivals 5.7.

View attachment 26643
If I had to guess, I'd say he's waiting to see what this first game against Minnesota looks like. If we don't entirely shit the bed, he's ours.

Just my opinion.

GNRhusker

Defensive Lineman

View attachment 26643
NICE. Eat shit Thune.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds