Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

At what point do we become worried about Rhule's in game managment?

We were setup to win that game several times over and a few guys didn't make the play.

I'm more concerned about our defense
Outside of ty and nash, the defense seems to lack "dudes" if that make sense.

But Rhule doesn't seem to make second half adjustments and it's really concerning. This was a trend last year and so far it's definitely been a trend this year.

Not going to win a ton of games when you only play two quarters.

The clock management at the end of the first half was odd. Bailed out by a ridiculous throw and catch.

Kicking the field goal with 3 minutes to go I just don’t understand. You gotta keep the offense out there
On what planet does it make sense to go with a backup kicker over a QB who can make a big play at any given moment in crunch time? It's absolute insanity.

As soon as that kicker trotted out on the field did anyone really have any confidence he was going to make it?

Zero clue why he let the play clock run all the way down before calling timeout on Illinois last drive in 4th. I am all for calling timeout there but why let all the time run off? Would have given Dylan time to do something on that last possession before end of regulation.

Outside of ty and nash, the defense seems to lack "dudes" if that make sense.

But Rhule doesn't seem to make second half adjustments and it's really concerning. This was a trend last year and so far it's definitely been a trend this year.

Not going to win a ton of games when you only play two quarters.
Nash is not really a dude

I'm not too worried about our defense. At this point, UNI and Illinois followed the same pattern of play types, so TW should figure out how to get it stopped now.
I’m a little worried about the defense. We got pushed around two games in a row and our linebackers suck. I thought Northern Cockeye was a game where we really didn’t want to be there but two games in a row is concerning.

On what planet does it make sense to go with a backup kicker over a QB who can make a big play at any given moment in crunch time? It's absolute insanity.

As soon as that kicker trotted out on the field did anyone really have any confidence he was going to make it?
Hell I wouldn’t have had faith in Alvano either.

I’m a little worried about the defense. We got pushed around two games in a row and our linebackers suck. I thought Northern Cockeye was a game where we really didn’t want to be there but two games in a row is concerning.
Scary thing is we are very likely to regress on both sides of the line of scrimmage next year with how senior-heavy we are. Making a bowl game will be a challenge.

Scary thing is we are very likely to regress on both sides of the line of scrimmage next year with how senior-heavy we are. Making a bowl game will be a challenge.
I voted 7-5 in that poll: I still see 6 minimum. I see us beating Purdoodoo. I think we can split Indiana and Rutgers. We will get a beat down from both USC and OSU. I think we beat UCLA. We split Cockeye and Wisconsin. Like OP said Rhule needs to get better at game management. Fat man out coached him last night.

I voted 7-5 in that poll: I still see 6 minimum. I see us beating Purdoodoo. I think we can split Indiana and Rutgers. We will get a beat down from both USC and OSU. I think we beat UCLA. We split Cockeye and Wisconsin. Like OP said Rhule needs to get better at game management. Fat man out coached him last night.
I’m talking next year. I think we are more likely to bowl this year than next year.

I’m talking next year. I think we are more likely to bowl this year than next year.
You will know more about our offensive talent if Raiola sticks around. If he would happen to transfer out you will have your answer for sure. I did like the fact Rhule was getting reps for a lot of younger guys early on. I know it will be a lot harder with better competition. Rhule was right when he pretty much said the BIG conference is the elite conference. You better be ready to coach and play every week or you will get your ass whooped. This isn’t the old BIG.

I hope the media is critical of him on Monday
Sarcastic Not Funny GIF

Fat Bart is what the 8-10th best coach in the league? B1G has how many coaches that have won coach of the year? Rhule isn’t gonna outclass these dudes moving forward. Hate to say it but that one year at Baylor was lighting in a bottle. Ain’t gonna get much better.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back