Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stephen A. Smith is a schmuck, but he actually made a good point today. (1 Viewer)

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
If someone put a gun to your head who are you taking in the playoff? I’m still taking Bama with their down year.
I'm saying it shoudln't matter who's hot right now. Your body of work through the season should get you in. I have no problem leaving a team out that everyone thinks will win it (who, BTW, needed a hail mary to beat a 6-6 team in their second-to-last game) if they stubbed their toe during the season. I think it's ridiculous that a undefeated power-five conference champion got left out because of the "eye test."

The case for Alabama, including your statement above, seems to be: "Dude, it's Alabama."

Last edited:
  • You're GD Right
Reactions: Toe

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm saying it shoudln't matter who's hot right now. Your body of work through the season should get you in. I have no problem leaving a team out that everyone thinks will win it (who, BTW, needed a hail mary to beat a 6-6 team in their second-to-last game) if they stubbed their toe during the season. I think it's ridiculous that a undefeated power-five conference champion got left out because of the "eye test."

The case for Alabama, including your statement above, seems to be: "Dude, it's Alabama."

You could do one of these for Texas too though.
  1. Lost to a not elite Oklahoma team (OU lost to KU, OK St)
  2. Barely beat a 4-8 Houston team (UH fired coach)
  3. Barely beat a 5-7 TCU team
  4. Almost lost to an average KState team
13-0 FSU deserved to get in over 12-1 Texas.

IMG_0307.jpeg

nja13

Elite Member

View attachment 30573
Yes. I absolutely agree with you.
FSU should have gotten in ahead of Texas. And Texas should have gotten in ahead of Alabama because of the head-to-head.

You should have had the three undefated P5 conference champions and the head-to-head winner of the two 1-loss P5 conference champs. Pretty dang simple.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

View attachment 30573
Texas was definitely the true winner with how things played out. I hope Washington gives them a beat down.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member

View attachment 30573
Yeah but Texas is going to the SEC next year and FSUs not.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yes. I absolutely agree with you.
FSU should have gotten in ahead of Texas. And Texas should have gotten in ahead of Alabama because of the head-to-head.

You should have had the three undefated P5 conference champions and the head-to-head winner of the two 1-loss P5 conference champs. Pretty dang simple.
Like it or not is the SEC has dominated the playoff. We shouldn’t be shocked or angry they put a sec champion in the playoff. If there is ever a year to knock the sec off the throne it’s this year.

nja13

Elite Member
Like it or not is the SEC has dominated the playoff. We shouldn’t be shocked or angry they put a sec champion in the playoff. If there is ever a year to knock the sec off the throne it’s this year.
Now we're just repeating oursevles. I think the 2023 playoff field should be based on the 2023 season. You think past seasons should be taken into consideration. We're going to have to disagree on this.

Reactions: Toe

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Now we're just repeating oursevles. I think the 2023 playoff field should be based on the 2023 season. You think past seasons should be taken into consideration. We're going to have to disagree on this.
I think the past should to a degree in this instance. If the SEC dominance wasn’t what it is playoff wise I could buy what you’re saying. Outside Clemson and one year OSU got hot the SEC has dominated the playoff. It’s pretty hard to knock a one loss SEC champion out of the playoff. Now it’s time for these other conference champs to prove it. It’s better this way in a sense. There are no excuses for the SEC if Michigan or the Texas-Washington winner take out Bama.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Texas was definitely the true winner with how things played out. I hope Washington gives them a beat down.
I hope Texas realizes how lucky they are. But reading their social media, it doesn't look like it. They think the win over Alabama is the greatest win in the history of CFB. As others have pointed out Bama did not look great during A LOT of their regular season games. The UGA win was out of pattern with how they played this year.

UT fans think their Bama win earns them a 10-yr get out of jail free card that guarantees them CFP even if they're 6-6.

Reminds me of when Oregon won at Ohio State. HUGE win for them but by the end of the season wasn't that big of a deal (as far as the CFP was concerned).

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
I know many will disagree, but I get why there is a sec team in. They have earned the benefit of the doubt with their playoff dominance. The Michigan reaction when they saw who was 4 said it all.
100%

Michigan would much rather play FSU.

Michigan playing FSU had 24-3 type of game written all over it.

No thanks.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds