Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Stephen A. Smith is a schmuck, but he actually made a good point today. (1 Viewer)

stonesak

Wave goodbye now, it's time for you to go
If Coach Primetime was coaching FSU right now, would they still be kept out of the playoffs?

Probably not.
No, and we'd get a 24/7 dick sucking session about how Deion overcame adversity and was such a great coach he won the conference with a third string QB.

Noted.

How does Deion factor in?
Just shows the playoff is about making money, not picking the four best teams or whatever bullshit the committee gave as a reason for leaving FSU out.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
What’s the point?
His point was an odd one.

He's saying that bc TCU got blasted 65-7 by UGA last year that was bad for business. CFP can't afford another stinker on national TV and that was a real fear with FSU w/o their starting QB.

Then he said if FSU was coached by Deion they'd be in. Presumably saying that the same FSU team getting blown out 65-7 would be tolerable since Deion was on the sidelines and ratings would be good.

It's an odd point. I guess technically he's probably right.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
His point was an odd one.

He's saying that bc TCU got blasted 65-7 by UGA last year that was bad for business. CFP can't afford another stinker on national TV and that was a real fear with FSU w/o their starting QB.

Then he said if FSU was coached by Deion they'd be in. Presumably saying that the same FSU team getting blown out 65-7 would be tolerable since Deion was on the sidelines and ratings would be good.

It's an odd point. I guess technically he's probably right.

Yeah idk. Going way out of your way to include Deion who’s got zero to do with any of this is really stupid.

Toe

Wide Receiver
460874485.jpg.jpg

stonesak

Here is a question. If Bama had lost to Auburn and beat Georgia who is in? I think Georgia goes in as the 4 seed and FSU as the 3rd seed. The committee was going to put a sec team in no matter what and they had to put Texas in since they put Bama in.
I don't know. Could they put the team that lost to Bama at a neutral site in ahead of the team that beat them in Tuscaloosa? FSU was probably screwed the minute Travis went down.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't know. Could they put the team that lost to Bama at a neutral site in ahead of the team that beat them in Tuscaloosa? FSU was probably screwed the minute Travis went down.
the Bama win wouldn’t have been as good for Texas with them losing to Auburn. I really think the main reason Texas got in was to sell Bama at 4.

stonesak

the Bama win wouldn’t have been as good for Texas with them losing to Auburn. I really think the main reason Texas got in was to sell Bama at 4.
Senator Rick Scott wants all the emails and communications between committee members. I don't know if he has the power to force them to turn those over, but I'd love to see what was said.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Senator Rick Scott wants all the emails and communications between committee members. I don't know if he has the power to force them to turn those over, but I'd love to see what was said.
I know many will disagree, but I get why there is a sec team in. They have earned the benefit of the doubt with their playoff dominance. The Michigan reaction when they saw who was 4 said it all.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
I know many will disagree, but I get why there is a sec team in. They have earned the benefit of the doubt with their playoff dominance. The Michigan reaction when they saw who was 4 said it all.
In past years. This discussion should be limited to 2023. The SEC was down this year and had a losing record against FSU's ACC. The SEC should not get an automatic bid because they played well in the playoffs in past years. Michigan's reaction is based on that same reputation.

Last edited:

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
In past years. This discussion should be limited to 2023. The SEC was down this year and had a losing record against FSU's ACC. The SEC should not get an automatic bid because they played will in the playoffs in past years. Michigan's reaction is based on that same reputation.
If someone put a gun to your head who are you taking in the playoff? I’m still taking Bama with their down year.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds