Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Assistant coaching changes needed? (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Defense is not the problem, they are what keep us in games
Chinander is still a woefully inadequate defensive coordinator. He has no ability to adjust on the fly and it shows when opposing OCs have clowned him in the post game pressers.

It's not as big of problem as the offense, but there is nothing that can be done to remedy that as long as Frost is the head man. And the offense has certainly been so bad that it doesn't matter who is calling the D because you're not scoring enough to win.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Chinander is still a woefully inadequate defensive coordinator. He has no ability to adjust on the fly and it shows when opposing OCs have clowned him in the post game pressers.

It's not as big of problem as the offense, but there is nothing that can be done to remedy that as long as Frost is the head man. And the offense has certainly been so bad that it doesn't matter who is calling the D because you're not scoring enough to win.
We knew what we were getting with Chinander. If Frost’s offense was scoring 30 plus in year three like we envisioned we would be happy with his defense this year.

MtnHusker

Legend
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
why does the TE Coach Beckton never get mentioned? Seems like our TE's have been hiding in Witness Protection for the last 3 years. Not catching balls or blocking and he has a small position group to coach. Might be better off getting a 2nd O Line Coach to help Austin.

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
It wouldn’t matter. Only thing that would *possibly* help is getting an OC from outside Scott’s bubble and giving him 3 years to revamp the offensive staff as he sees fit. Dont really give a shit about the argument would say that the staff needs good chemistry blah blah blah. This staff all blow each other and they can’t coach to save their lives.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
why does the TE Coach Beckton never get mentioned? Seems like our TE's have been hiding in Witness Protection for the last 3 years. Not catching balls or blocking and he has a small position group to coach. Might be better off getting a 2nd O Line Coach to help Austin.
You just want to fire austin if you've gotta bring in another coach to help him.

I think the tight ends have been fine. I don't know how much better they could be given that the QB doesn't really know how to go through their progression. Maybe there's an argument for a better use of coaches than a dedicated TE coach that I'd be open to

MtnHusker

Legend
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
You just want to fire austin if you've gotta bring in another coach to help him.

I think the tight ends have been fine. I don't know how much better they could be given that the QB doesn't really know how to go through their progression. Maybe there's an argument for a better use of coaches than a dedicated TE coach that I'd be open to
Just figured the Tradition Coalition sorts won't want to fire Austin cuz he was a Husker. Not the Nebraska Way. Plus he has recruited well but yet to prove he can coach a lick.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Defense wasn’t the issue today, especially considering all the short fields they were given.

AgntX

Defensive Lineman
Every coach since Frank has had their buddies in there and its cost them and the program, its the down fall the last 20 years

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds