Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Another transfer out of the program (2 Viewers)

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Recruiting is tough if your on-field product is shit. You have to take flyers on some kids with lots of potential in the hopes you can make it work. So far it hasn't really panned out and won't until we win 8-9 games regularly. It just seems to be a chicken or the egg kind of scenario.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
The level of attrition to this point for the 2020 class is alarming. We haven’t even hit the natural offseason attrition point yet, so It’s a safe bet more will be gone prior to next year.
I think my concern is that Frost was that bad at figuring out how to identify recruits who have the right mentality to be successful when he could do in person recruiting, how bad is attrition going to be in the 2021 class?

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
I think my concern is that Frost was that bad at figuring out how to identify recruits who have the right mentality to be successful when he could do in person recruiting, how bad is attrition going to be in the 2021 class?
Thank goodness the 2019 class has stuck around (to this point) if there is an exodus from that class, this team is going to be in far greater trouble than they already are.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think the main thing this is exposing is the late push for the 2020 class. In fall 2019 I recall several fans questioning how the class was coming along. There were plenty of scholarships that needed to be filled and not much time before the December early signing period.

It appeared the staff saved it with several late additions. As we see today, they clearly weren't fits into the program, whatever the case may be, and the staff was scrambling. My question: How the f*** are you scrambling for players after year two of a rebuild at a blue blood Power 5 program?

No way they could get a real read on these kids in a few weeks. Probably works sometimes, didn't here....this isn't JUCO. That's on the coaching staff. Just one more thing we can point to unfortunately.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think the main thing this is exposing is the late push for the 2020 class. In fall 2019 I recall several fans questioning how the class was coming along. There were plenty of scholarships that needed to be filled and not much time before the December early signing period.

It appeared the staff saved it with several late additions. As we see today, they clearly weren't fits into the program, whatever the case may be, and the staff was scrambling. My question: How the f*** are you scrambling for players after year two of a rebuild at a blue blood Power 5 program?

No way they could get a real read on these kids in a few weeks. Probably works sometimes, didn't here....this isn't JUCO. That's on the coaching staff. Just one more thing we can point to unfortunately.
You're exactly right. In fact, the finish last year made me vow not to question the staffs recruiting this year.

Ironic that those very recruits are mostly gone or missing

Greene
Francois
Manning
Gray

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
@HuskerGarrett @Lionsfan93. Have you guys thought about trying to get an interview with some of these guys to see why they left? I don't know if they would tell the truth but it would be good to hear it from them and not all the speculation from the RRS. I know Dean will never do it, so I thought you might see what you come up with. Just throwing it out there, Thanks.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
@HuskerGarrett @Lionsfan93. Have you guys thought about trying to get an interview with some of these guys to see why they left? I don't know if they would tell the truth but it would be good to hear it from them and not all the speculation from the RRS. I know Dean will never do it, so I thought you might see what you come up with. Just throwing it out there, Thanks.
I'm down. @Lionsfan93 has been MIA for a few days but I'm sure he is just busy with the Holiday and everything. I'll get with him and see if he has spoken to Fleming and wants to reach out or if he wants me to

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I'm assuming most of these kids that are transferring are Fishers recruits, is there something going on with him? Are there some kind of internal issues with the coaches? Is he leaving? His recruits are transferring out and they just lost a commit from Webb whose father played with Fisher in the NFL.

Last edited:

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm assuming most of these kids that are transferring are Fishers recruits, is there something going on with him? Are there some kind of internal issues with the coaches? Is he leaving? His recruits are transferring out and they just lost a commit from Webb whose father played with Fisher in the NFL.
Think you're jumping to conclusions but I get the idea Fisher is not the easiest guy to play for.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Think you're jumping to conclusions but I get the idea Fisher is not the easiest guy to play for.
Yeah, your probably right. I was thinking along the lines that Fisher was their recruiting/position coach, he might be the one of the few coaches they have a connection with on the staff, and if something was going on with him it might lead to the transfers.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds