Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Add another name to your possible transfer out list..... (1 Viewer)

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Last week there was a RB article that didn't mention Markese Stepp. Soon after he transfers out.

This week.....Omar Manning not mentioned in a wide ranging WR interview with MJ.....🤔🤔🤔

GIF by Demic

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I started getting curious once we went after Marcus Washington in the transfer portal. I thought there would be some more cleaning up even after Betts ejected.

Hotcarl

Linebacker
Elite Member
I for one am thrilled Joseph appears to be putting accountability front and center. There have been rumblings about what Omar is like for a couple years now. I applaud his bravery in disclosing his battles with mental illness but if you do not practice 110% all the time like your teammates you should ride the bench.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Benning commented in the same thread that Mickey was asked about Manning and Martin in the same question and didn't intentionally leave Omar out of the response.

Doesn't sound like an issue.
Saw that after a bit of Twitter research. We shall see. I think there are 3 possibilities with Omar...

1: He finally lives up to his potential.
2: He does his usual in his last year by playing well when used but disappearing for stretches of games where we can't understand what is happening or why.
3: He gets processed and goes to play for North Texas where he plays well when used but disappears for stretches of games where they can't understand what is happening or why.

Which one would you put your money on at this time?

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Saw that after a bit of Twitter research. We shall see. I think there are 3 possibilities with Omar...

1: He finally lives up to his potential.
2: He does his usual in his last year by playing well when used but disappearing for stretches of games where we can't understand what is happening or why.
3: He gets processed and goes to play for North Texas where he plays well when used but disappears for stretches of games where they can't understand what is happening or why.

Which one would you put your money on at this time?
I'd feel more confident in #1 if Mickey had been here the past two years but since he hasn't, #1 seems less probable than #2.

#2 feels like a safe bet but I also don't see him disappearing if he's playing well. I'm hoping Mickey has a better handle on his WR rotation.

I can't see him getting processed. It's unnecessary with the numbers and the avenues the staff has to get to 85.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Where's your money @Tsakoi ?

Selfishly, I'd like Omar to have a blowout year. Seems like a good kid and has obvious physical talent.
I would love that. I have always rooted for him but have been frustrated with his overall results. I know he went through some tough things and I'm glad he seems to have bounced back from that. I wonder how good he would have been had he not had a banking finance manager as a coach and instead, as you said had Mickey or someone similar.

My guess is that he has a so-so year and we are all left to wonder about what could have been had he had better coaching, a better QB and a better OL during his time here.

The other thing working against him is Frost's situation. If Omar is causing any sort of headache at this point I doubt Frost is gonna have any patience for it since Frost's ass is on the line this year. No time to try to fix Omar any more. (That sucks but that's life) So if Omar doesn't produce from the start of the season we could see him fall down the pecking order in search of someone who will.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Scch a talent and I have a soft spot in my heart for the demons he has had to battle. Hoping he gets it turned around this season playing to his potential. I think a coach like Mickey should be good for him because Mickey connects well with the players. Without being around the program it is truly difficult to see how coaches handle and develop relationships with their position players. Some coaches are just that, position coaches. Others also take on more of a mentor role. And also some become a father figure. Depends on the personality of the coach and player.

Hoping Mickey is able to break through to him and gain his confidence as he has some special God Given talents. Ron Brown was always a coach that I heard mentioned as someone who really connected with the players. Religion aside he was able to form a bond with them, and gain their respect. I didn't always like his religious beliefs being associated with our program but respect him for his patience and commitment with the players. He was a special and influential person in so many of his players lives.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
The other thing working against him is Frost's situation. If Omar is causing any sort of headache at this point I doubt Frost is gonna have any patience for it since Frost's ass is on the line this year. No time to try to fix Omar any more. (That sucks but that's life) So if Omar doesn't produce from the start of the season we could see him fall down the pecking order in search of someone who will.
That's a point I hadn't thought about and a good one.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds