Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers) (5 Viewers)

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
Also, we'll have a TR FR quarterback making his 2nd ever start. Tons of pressure. He'll know the weight of that game. Also I'm sure the CU pricks will do something pre-game to get us back for Rhule's "disrespect" last year. They'll probably try to start a pre-game brawl at midfield to try to rattle us.

All of that noise really only hurts us. It helps them bc that's the type of environment they thrive in. It's not ideal for the team starting an 18 yr old QB.

My point is that I think NU fans are mistakenly thinking that we're turning a brand new page from the 31 turnovers we had w Sims and Haarberg. But Raiola is going to make more than his share of mistakes, even as polished & pedigreed as he is. That could be a problem in the CU game bc their offense is good enough to score 30 on us even at Memorial Stadium if we give them 2 big turnovers (which we likely will).
Yeah we definitely need to be able to run the god damn bawl to win. I don't like our chances in a shootout. I thought we would be able to control the game that way last year, but really outside of Sim's long run we really couldn't if my memory serves me correctly.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
Yeah we definitely need to be able to run the god damn bawl to win. I don't like our chances in a shootout. I thought we would be able to control the game that way last year, but really outside of Sim's long run we really couldn't if my memory serves me correctly.
hard to say for sure, we had 2 fumbles, an interception and a missed FG in the 1st half, then we were behind and playing catchup. Sims literally let that game slip away from us.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah it's a tough one to call. TBF I also think a repeat of the 1992 CU game is also possible. I can see a world where our defense forces some early sacks/turnovers, Shedeur just gets frustrated and makes a business decision on the rest of the game & it snowballs out of control for them.

But we have 4 more months to analyze it...

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
hard to say for sure, we had 2 fumbles, an interception and a missed FG in the 1st half, then we were behind and playing catchup. Sims literally let that game slip away from us.
The big problem w last year's CU game is our offense did not have the ability to do a big play (Sims run notwithstanding).

When we were trading blows with them early on the game could have turned if we could throw a 45 yd completion or get a 40 yd run by our RB to loosen things up. Having that not be an option pretty much wrecks your chances in any big game.

This is supposed to be different this yr with Raiola and Banks and our other WRs. So we'll see.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I want to laugh over all these transfers. But I remember laughing at them last year and thinking we would have no problem beating them.

And then reality hit. I understand it was the Jeff Sims factor. But until we beat these clowns, I’m holding my criticism.
Probably the mature approach...but....
Also, we'll have a TR FR quarterback making his 2nd ever start. Tons of pressure. He'll know the weight of that game. Also I'm sure the CU pricks will do something pre-game to get us back for Rhule's "disrespect" last year. They'll probably try to start a pre-game brawl at midfield to try to rattle us.

All of that noise really only hurts us. It helps them bc that's the type of environment they thrive in. It's not ideal for the team starting an 18 yr old QB.

My point is that I think NU fans are mistakenly thinking that we're turning a brand new page from the 31 turnovers we had w Sims and Haarberg. But Raiola is going to make more than his share of mistakes, even as polished & pedigreed as he is. That could be a problem in the CU game bc their offense is good enough to score 30 on us even at Memorial Stadium if we give them 2 big turnovers (which we likely will).
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
Serious Q, does CU just pull the plug on football after prime "medically retires" at Thanksgiving? What a shithole
Sanders took over a bad roster, but when he "medically retires" at the end of the season, there won't be a roster. I read that they've lost 13 players in the last 2 days.

Colorado has 2 scholarship players on the team that were on the 2022 team. They've had a lot of players leave.

Last edited:

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I feel like the more conservative a game plan the better vs CU. Rely on a stingy defense to make them one dimensional. Pound the ball at them over and over until you get some runs to start leaking through in the second half. Hit on some play action. Have to be really patient, which we weren't able to do last year because we turn it over 3 times and miss an FG in the first half.

Last edited:

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I feel like the more conservative a game plan the better vs CU. Rely on a stingy defense to make them one dimensional. Pound the ball at them over and over until you get some runs to start leaking through in the second have. Hit on some play action. Have to be really patient, which we weren't able to do last year because we turn it over 3 times and miss an FG in the first half.
^^^This^^^

I also would mind seeing some "wildcat" with Haarberg too. I know it's cliché, but we really should be using him like Taysom Hill.

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
I feel like the more conservative a game plan the better vs CU. Rely on a stingy defense to make them one dimensional. Pound the ball at them over and over until you get some runs to start leaking through in the second have. Hit on some play action. Have to be really patient, which we weren't able to do last year because we turn it over 3 times and miss an FG in the first half.
That'll be the game plan the majority of the Rhule era. It's effective football, take the lead then grind out drives until the game is over, simple, brutal and effective.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds