Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers) (4 Viewers)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yup! Which is so ironic given the sports illustrated nod. The broncos have been so shitty that the media here knows bad football when they see it
IMHO Deion/SI thing is more of an indictment of a lack of big sports stories this year. No summer Olympics, no winter Olympics, no World Cup, no big comeback story.

I am a Deion hater but I can't think of a bigger sports story than Deion taking a 1-11 team and pulling 10m viewers to watch their games (for a while).

He ended 1-8 in the Pac I understand....but I also can't think of a bigger sports story. I can't even think of what would be the #2 biggest sports story. It was just a bad year for big historical sports stories.

The #2 sports story was probably Messi going to Miami. But Deion was a bigger story.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
IMHO Deion/SI thing is more of an indictment of a lack of big sports stories this year. No summer Olympics, no winter Olympics, no World Cup, no big comeback story.

I am a Deion hater but I can't think of a bigger sports story than Deion taking a 1-11 team and pulling 10m viewers to watch their games (for a while).

He ended 1-8 in the Pac I understand....but I also can't think of a bigger sports story. I can't even think of what would be the #2 biggest sports story. It was just a bad year for big historical sports stories.

The #2 sports story was probably Messi going to Miami. But Deion was a bigger story.
Agreed. Was a pretty uneventful sports year imho fwiw

Stan Raymond

Cornerback

Excellent point. Not a great coach or coaching job, but the buzz that Sanders created was very noteworthy.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is a GREAT 10 min podcast about Deion's lack of recruiting effort (and results).

Bullet points:
- Ari Wasserman: "I feel like I drank the Kool-aid on Deion too early"
- Deion's actions show he isn't going to be there in yr 3
- Deion clearly doesn't care about Colorado program because he's not trying to build a foundation for them

Makes you appreciate Rhule more bc he is actually doing the things that Wasserman is talking about.

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
Watching this Texas game, you have to wonder if Manning is going to be happy sitting for a second year. He’s only come in one game. They are killing Okie Lite and Ewers is still in.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Canadian Wow GIF by DJ Khaled

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Warren Sapp as their new DL corch without any previous D1 corching experience. Where have we seen this before?

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF
Sapp has zero COACHING experience, period. I believe he's never coached at HS, college or pro.

I can't remember a hire where the guy had zero coaching experience at any level (HS, GA, CFB, NFL). Who am I missing that fit that description?

But you're absolutely right that it's gonna go extremely poorly for Warren Sapp. He's not gonna go to HS football offices or kid's dinner tables in Murphreesboro, TN. They already have one guy who doesn't do that.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds