Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

All right golfers best luck for cheap clubs? (2 Viewers)

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG
Anyone have advice on some good putters? I have a pretty standard putter but looking to upgrade.
Scotty Cameron. All day long, easily the most consistent club in my bag.

If you want to get super technical with it find yourself a Club Champion and they will analyze your putting stroke and style and recommend one for you.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Anyone have advice on some good putters? I have a pretty standard putter but looking to upgrade.
I've got a Scotty Phantom X 6.5.

Easily the best putter I've ever had. Incredible feel. My distance control on my putts are night and day and better.

Last edited:

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
You could check Craigslist. I'm dogshit at golf, but love it. Bought a set off of craigslist from a guy in Omaha for $300. He is an old retired guy. He buys the shafts and heads separately and assembles them. He consistently has 5-10 sets listed...

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG
I've got a Scotty Phantom X 6.5.

Easily the best putter I've ever had. Incredible feel. My distance control on my putts are night and better.
Same but mine is a Newport 2 because I prefer the blade style. I've never had as much consistency putting in my life.

Kinish

Cornerback
I like Scotty's, but seem to always go back to an Odyssey 2 ball style.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I like Scotty's, but seem to always go back to an Odyssey 2 ball style.
I had a Yes! putter for quite a while. It was solid. Heavy.

1005618-aaa.jpg

Also had a white hot blade, probably my favorite until the scotty.
s-l640.jpg

Plays this Cleveland putter right before I got the Scotty. Putted well with it
35757_0.jpg

Kinish

Cornerback
I had a Yes! putter for quite a while. It was solid. Heavy.

1005618-aaa.jpg

Also had a white hot blade, probably my favorite until the scotty.
s-l640.jpg

Plays this Cleveland putter right before I got the Scotty. Putted well with it
35757_0.jpg
I bought a really sick Bettinardi last year, it rolled putts well.. but wasn't a mallet, and enjoy my triple track allgnment aid a bit too much lol

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG
Just went with the 2.5. I can’t believe how much better it fees than any of the other putters I tried.
Tbh I have either the 2 or 2.5 I can't remember which. But I love it and you will too

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG
2.0 and 2.5 aren’t bad indexes, boys. I’m proud of you both for keeping your respective games tight.
With 2 (soon to be 3) kids under 3 and 90% of my rounds being work events, it's about all I can do to play to a 10.0

ac husker

Safety
Elite Member
Long story short. I suck at golf. Have played right handed all my life because I was given some right handed clubs so...free.

I am ambidextrous. Decided to go out and play left handed with my father in laws clubs last week. It is pretty clear that I have been swinging wrong handed this whole time. I always figured...no way I'm any better from the other side. Turns out it's a much more natural swing and feel.

So I need to get some +1 or +.5 left handed clubs to play. I'm still going to suck, just a little less so what websites have you had the best luck in finding golf clubs?
I literally did the same thing a couple months ago. Always batted left handed in baseball but inherited my older brother’s right handed clubs. Decided to try and switch. Went way better. My wife just bought me PXG’s. I think they are relatively inexpensive and have gotten great ratings.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds