Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

49ers (1 Viewer)

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
Celebrating Lets Go GIF by FaZe Clan

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
And just like that....they are losing!!! Just like my posting skills!!!

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Hot take, but Chubba plays just like his brother. Just doesn’t have the awareness gene or the ability to read a pocket.

Brock is winning me over which I’ve been fighting due to hating his brother.

Brock Purdy looked really good today. If we could get a 1/4 of that level of play from his brother, Chubba would be by far the best QB on our roster (not saying much).

Fucking niners have the perfect offense if I’ve ever seen one.

I love their offense, and we should pattern our style after theirs. O Line that opens holes, RB's that can get yards and catch out of the backfield. TE's (and a fullback!) that block and catch. WR's that are dynamic and get YAC. Routes and play schemes that just make sense and work.

And their defense is something else, and has been for quite a few years - the Niners can hang their hat on having a top 5 defense yearly. If Purdy can stay healthy and play like he did today on the norm, the Niners are again superbowl contenders.

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
And their defense is something else, and has been for quite a few years - the Niners can hang their hat on having a top 5 defense yearly. If Purdy can stay healthy and play like he did today on the norm, the Niners are again superbowl contenders.
I keep expecting that defense to take a step back because every year they lose someone that was really good and the DC running the show (Buckner, Jimmie Ward, etc) but man they just keep humming.

I think part of it is the DL, but man have we had the best LB combos in the league for a hot minute. Greenlaw and Warner and then a few years before that we had Willis and Bowman (there was a gap but still).

I love their offense, and we should pattern our style after theirs. O Line that opens holes, RB's that can get yards and catch out of the backfield. TE's (and a fullback!) that block and catch. WR's that are dynamic and get YAC. Routes and play schemes that just make sense and work.
It's definitely a fun offense to watch. They're not going to score 70 points in a game like a hurry up spread or something will, but dang they're hard to ever really stop because there's just so many weapons.

Between Aiyuk, Deebo, CMC and then throw in one of the best TEs in the league? What do you take away?

Pass rush is often kinda nullified because Purdy never holds on to the ball long enough. He's just a perfect fit for the system. Drop back, make your 1/2/3 reads then GTFO. And Purdy keeps his eyes downfield while he does it. It's the perfect offense for him. He doesn't have to be a superstar, just has to get it in the hands of any of the dudes.

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
Cmc is looking scary this year. The guy glides across the turf.

Very positive on Purdy and how he is making plays when needed.

Our defense is elite all things considered with not really having elite secondary players. They are developing year over year though.

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
Cmc is looking scary this year. The guy glides across the turf.

Very positive on Purdy and how he is making plays when needed.

Our defense is elite all things considered with not really having elite secondary players. They are developing year over year though.
Niners took over the stadium today

20230917_195033.jpg

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds