Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

49ers (2 Viewers)

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
Death
Taxes
Niners beating the shit out of the Cowboys

Amazon 49Ers GIF by NFL On Prime Video

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
The Niners are a load. Most complete team in the NFL. Their offensive scheme and style is impressive. The backbone is a great O Line and elite RB's. Then they have an all pro TE whose blocking is best in the league at TE. And he is a weapon to throw to. They have Deebo who plays RB and receiver, McCaffrey is one of the best RB's in the league, running and catching. And several real good WR's. Purdy has become a top notch QB. Really impressive what he is doing.

Defense is even better. What a load of a defense. Those two LB's are something, Bosa is one of the best D ends in the game, and their entire defensive front line is stout. DB's are their biggest weakness, but even then, they are still good and improving.

The coaching staff is very good. And they lost their DC who is the Jets HC now. You couldn't tell, they haven't missed a beat so far on defense. Offensively, Shanahan is elite in his scheme and play calling. Top notch coaching staff.

Best team in the league currently. Injuries/misc can derail things for any team, but they look destined to a superbowl appearance right now.

Natural9

Cornerback
Elite Member
The Niners are a load. Most complete team in the NFL. Their offensive scheme and style is impressive. The backbone is a great O Line and elite RB's. Then they have an all pro TE whose blocking is best in the league at TE. And he is a weapon to throw to. They have Deebo who plays RB and receiver, McCaffrey is one of the best RB's in the league, running and catching. And several real good WR's. Purdy has become a top notch QB. Really impressive what he is doing.

Defense is even better. What a load of a defense. Those two LB's are something, Bosa is one of the best D ends in the game, and their entire defensive front line is stout. DB's are their biggest weakness, but even then, they are still good and improving.

The coaching staff is very good. And they lost their DC who is the Jets HC now. You couldn't tell, they haven't missed a beat so far on defense. Offensively, Shanahan is elite in his scheme and play calling. Top notch coaching staff.

Best team in the league currently. Injuries/misc can derail things for any team, but they look destined to a superbowl appearance right now.
Their last 2 DCs are NFL HCs. The first of those 2 is the Jets HC. Their most recent DC is now the Texans HC.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
The Niners are exactly how I want our Huskers to play and be coached.

Of course, patterning our program after the current best and most complete football team in the world, is pretty obvious. But how they play - on both sides of the ball - dominating the physical aspect of the game, then having enough great skill players and a great offensive scheme - is how we should be playing. We may not be able to stack the deck with talent as much as some other college programs, but we sure as hell can become a physically dominating team with some skill player talent to boot.

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
The Niners are exactly how I want our Huskers to play and be coached.

Of course, patterning our program after the current best and most complete football team in the world, is pretty obvious. But how they play - on both sides of the ball - dominating the physical aspect of the game, then having enough great skill players and a great offensive scheme - is how we should be playing. We may not be able to stack the deck with talent as much as some other college programs, but we sure as hell can become a physically dominating team with some skill player talent to boot.
It isn't JUST that they're so complete. It's the style they play. For all the "scheming/playcalling" accolades that Shanahan gets (and deserved) they are physical AF. Last year for the first time in the history of the NFL, 9ers opponents were 0-15 the week after playing them. Look, it was probably 60% "luck" but it certainly was PARTLY because they just played a tough ass football team.

Not to mention on offense they play a style of football that doesn't require you to have the Heisman QB at the helm. I'm not knocking Purdy, I think he's top 10 in the league (have gotten into several arguments about it), but in so many offenses if you don't have a Mahommes clone you don't have an offense.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Pretty surprising he doesn't turn it over. He averaged almost 10 int and 8 fumbles in college. You usually don't get better going to the NFL.

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
No Way Kg GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

He's perfect for them though. He doesn't turn the ball over. Make easy throws and let the ridiculous amount of offensive talent around him do the work.
Did you know he leads the league in completion percentage for passes over 10 yards?

He is by far the most underrated QB in the league who just happens to lead the league in QBR too. He's one of the fastest decision makers in the league and gets the ball out before any defensive line has a chance to impact him. That's talent.

From the NFL social media:

EDIT: Keep in mind I'm not saying he's elite. But he's top 10 for sure.

This list has him #6...that's probably too high for my tastes:

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Did you know he leads the league in completion percentage for passes over 10 yards?

He is by far the most underrated QB in the league who just happens to lead the league in QBR too. He's one of the fastest decision makers in the league and gets the ball out before any defensive line. That's talent.

From the NFL social media:
He's also 26th in attempts. He's been very efficient so far.

Again he has great talent around him. Has he had to play from behind at any point? Average margin of victory is 20 points.

I don't mean this to be a bash on Purdy. You can't gloss over how much easier he has it than most QBs.

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
He's also 26th in attempts. He's been very efficient so far.

Again he has great talent around him. Has he had to play from behind at any point? Average margin of victory is 20 points.

I don't mean this to be a bash on Purdy. You can't gloss over how much easier he has it than most QBs.
I'm not glossing over anything. Because without that he'd be top 3 based on his numbers.

I'm saying he's top 10. Of course we like to romanticize people as incomparable, but I would say Philly has pretty similar talent around them, Miami has better WRs, etc. He's not the only QB with talent around him.

If you start to go through the list you realize there's some serious trash QB's out there.

Guys he's definitely better than:
Bryce Young
Kenny Pickett
Ryan Tannehill
Zach Wilson
Daniel Jones
Mac Jones
Desmond Ridder
Russell Wilson (now)
Justin Fields
Deshaun
Sam Howell
Derick Carr (now)
Jimmy G (obv)
Trevor Lawrence (other people rank him higher, but I have a pretty low opinion of him)
CJ Stroud
Geno
Dak (another guy surrounded by talent)
Dobbs
Baker
Burrow (sorry, he sucks this year)
Whatever the Colts trot out there

Guys clearly better than Purdy
Patty M
Allen
Tua
Lamar
Herbert

Guys around his level maybe slightly higher:
Kirk
Goff
T Lawrence
Stafford

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm not glossing over anything. Because without that he'd be top 3 based on his numbers.

I'm saying he's top 10. Of course we like to romanticize people as incomparable, but I would say Philly has pretty similar talent around them, Miami has better WRs, etc. He's not the only QB with talent around him.

If you start to go through the list you realize there's some serious trash QB's out there.

Guys he's definitely better than:
Bryce Young
Kenny Pickett
Ryan Tannehill
Zach Wilson
Daniel Jones
Mac Jones
Desmond Ridder
Russell Wilson (now)
Justin Fields
Deshaun
Sam Howell
Derick Carr (now)
Jimmy G (obv)
Trevor Lawrence (other people rank him higher, but I have a pretty low opinion of him)
CJ Stroud
Geno
Dak (another guy surrounded by talent)
Dobbs
Baker
Burrow (sorry, he sucks this year)
Whatever the Colts trot out there

Guys clearly better than Purdy
Patty M
Allen
Tua
Lamar
Herbert

Guys around his level maybe slightly higher:
Kirk
Goff
T Lawrence
Stafford
So you think he doesn't have it easier than at least most if not all of the QB's in the league? I'm not following that first sentence.

Nvm. I see what you're saying.

Personally if I'm drafting I'd absolutely take everyone in your around his level plus:

Deshaun Watson assuming he doesn't get massages
Daniel Jones
Burrow despite the slow start and its not close
Lawrence you have in both

Debateable:
Geno
Pickett
CJ Stroud
Bryce Young (probably not)

Last edited:

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
It isn't JUST that they're so complete. It's the style they play. For all the "scheming/playcalling" accolades that Shanahan gets (and deserved) they are physical AF. Last year for the first time in the history of the NFL, 9ers opponents were 0-15 the week after playing them. Look, it was probably 60% "luck" but it certainly was PARTLY because they just played a tough ass football team.

Not to mention on offense they play a style of football that doesn't require you to have the Heisman QB at the helm. I'm not knocking Purdy, I think he's top 10 in the league (have gotten into several arguments about it), but in so many offenses if you don't have a Mahommes clone you don't have an offense.

Yep, it's the style. Backbone of a great running game. With RB's who catch well out of the backfield. WR's who are very good (not the best group of WR's in the league, but they are very good). The best combo TE in the leagu IMO when you consider blocking and big play receiving. And now a QB who is a quick blinker, and is very efficient. Shanahan calls an incredible game - just exactly how I want NU to play offensively.

Defensively, man, what a physical and year in and out consistent defensive team they have been. Different DC's with DC's (and offensive coaches also) getting poached as head coaches. They bring in new players, replacing some great players, and just keep rolling. You gotta give credit to their GM and org in general for the team they keep putting together on defense.

And physical is the word that accurately describes how they play on both sides of the ball. The emasculated Dallas last night. That doesn't happen very often like that in the NFL.

How they play on both sides of the ball is exactly what Rhule, Turd and the program needs to mirror as much as possible. Gotta get enough jimmies and joes, obviously, but a tough, physical team is what we need to hang our hats on.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds