Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Herbie’s Hangout 3-3-5 vs Minnesota (3 Viewers)

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
You can't even take that ranking seriously. Just pathetic research by Tater Island. Minnesota has like the 5th best odds in Vegas to win the division.
Tater island pimps our PFF constantly. Which is complete rubbish.

Reactions: Toe

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider
@ShortSideOption do they run a lot of cover 6/3 1 and zero? Do you have any idea what a breakdown would be as a primary? They don't do much of split safety look it seems.

I think if we are going to leave our guys 1-1 outside, I will take that risk to stop the run and get more sacks.

As far as scheme fit to personnel, how far off do you think they are? I think LB is where I see the biggest gap... Seems like we need to get more athletic there.
I didn't get into coverages a ton for the Pinstripe Bowl, more just how they disguised their fronts. They were doing a ton of 3 in my opinion, but ran a bunch of cover 1 or even 0. It put their guys in some tough spots at times, but also made some negative plays so it equalled out in the end.

I still think we have way better players than Syracuse, have bigger players than Syracuse, and are all around better. Really the only thing they have/had on us is being in the system that much longer as this was year 3.

Now granted, White didn't call this bowl game so there were some things that may have been slightly different. But I have to imagine Reimer isn't looking like some of their LBs trying to get to the sidelines. If we can figure out run fits and gap integrity, I like us in this. Curious how guys like Robinson and Hutmacher will do, because Jeudy and those other guys are just different types of DL.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I didn't get into coverages a ton for the Pinstripe Bowl, more just how they disguised their fronts. They were doing a ton of 3 in my opinion, but ran a bunch of cover 1 or even 0. It put their guys in some tough spots at times, but also made some negative plays so it equalled out in the end.

I still think we have way better players than Syracuse, have bigger players than Syracuse, and are all around better. Really the only thing they have/had on us is being in the system that much longer as this was year 3.

Now granted, White didn't call this bowl game so there were some things that may have been slightly different. But I have to imagine Reimer isn't looking like some of their LBs trying to get to the sidelines. If we can figure out run fits and gap integrity, I like us in this. Curious how guys like Robinson and Hutmacher will do, because Jeudy and those other guys are just different types of DL.
I think white bases out of 1 and 4. Also 6.

Would love to see how they read it. Most modern coverages are either man match or zone match.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG

I think Ty needed to lose 15/20lbs... If he did that I think his added movement would be a plus. When you would hear about players losing weight and moving better he was one of the first guys I thought of.

Nash feels like he is the biggest square peg round hole for this scheme. His biggest weakness is playing at angles IMO. Which is exactly what it seems White wants his DL to do.

I keep seeing Riley Van Poppel as a James Husker Lynch 2.0, but RVP has better film coming out of HS than Lynch did. That DL class is nasty and I am excited to see what they do. Probably the one area of the team that I have the highest conviction that will be great during Rhule's tenure.

I worry about a guy like Nick playing in this scheme. Luke I think has the athletic ability, but I worry about Nick playing in space in this scheme.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG

Would love to see how they read it. Most modern coverages are either man match or zone match.
Seems odd to have a base out of 1 and 2 high looks, but there is plenty of gray between 4/6 that I can see it working.

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider

6 is what I was seeing a bit too... my problem was just how many guys we had on the backend and figuring out if it was a safety that moved up that way or a LB originally. I love though that White has aggressive middle of the field guys filling.

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider
I think Ty needed to lose 15/20lbs... If he did that I think his added movement would be a plus. When you would hear about players losing weight and moving better he was one of the first guys I thought of.

Nash feels like he is the biggest square peg round hole for this scheme. His biggest weakness is playing at angles IMO. Which is exactly what it seems White wants his DL to do.

I keep seeing Riley Van Poppel as a James Husker Lynch 2.0, but RVP has better film coming out of HS than Lynch did. That DL class is nasty and I am excited to see what they do. Probably the one area of the team that I have the highest conviction that will be great during Rhule's tenure.

I worry about a guy like Nick playing in this scheme. Luke I think has the athletic ability, but I worry about Nick playing in space in this scheme.
Robinson even had some bad weight when he played in the all-star game as a senior in high school, seemed to just continue from there as they were just beefing him up as much as possible.

Some of the guys I speak with swear that Nash would be dominant on the OL, but I heard that about him on the DL too due to his wrestling background.

I'm pumped for what we've brought in on our front for that 2023 class. I'm curious how our 2024 class rounds out. Part of me thinks that Ashton Murphy and only a high-value DL will be taken, or they will just grab a portal guy to try and even things out a bit. I'm almost thinking the latter.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
6 is what I was seeing a bit too... my problem was just how many guys we had on the backend and figuring out if it was a safety that moved up that way or a LB originally. I love though that White has aggressive middle of the field guys filling.
Big fan of clogging up the middle of the field and forcing them to play catch out wide... There is only one team I think that can consistently make you pay there in the conference right now and I don't think you are beating them anyway (Ohio state).

Robinson even had some bad weight when he played in the all-star game as a senior in high school, seemed to just continue from there as they were just beefing him up as much as possible.
He looked so bad this last year. It looked like he had no flexibility or explosion at times.

Some of the guys I speak with swear that Nash would be dominant on the OL, but I heard that about him on the DL too due to his wrestling background.
I can see him being a grader at OG, but like you said same could be said for him at a 1/0 tech.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds