Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

*** 2024 NFL Offseason/Chiefs B2B Circle Jerk Thread *** (1 Viewer)

rr55

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Disagree…

if you are going to invest anywhere on defense it was Chris Jones. He is the guy who makes everybody else around him better on that side of the ball..

Odds of pulling another Tyreek Hill fleece was slim.

Couldn’t let a HOF player walk for nothing..

Salary cap increased 30m. Chris Jones’s new contract increase makes up about 10m of that.

Travis keeps dating Taylor, this contract will look cheap quickly.
I would have let him walk and taken the conditional. Use the 30m and sign three other younger players.

Now we’ll have to restructure Pat’s contract again which I don’t like. At some point we just need to eat that one and not keep putting it off where the cap hit keeps building on a future year.

To me this makes it seem like we’re about to go all in on the threepeat. We go for it, don’t win, and now we’ve sacrificed the next three years in Pat’s prime.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I would have let him walk and taken the conditional. Use the 30m and sign three other younger players.

Now we’ll have to restructure Pat’s contract again which I don’t like. At some point we just need to eat that one and not keep putting it off where the cap hit keeps building on a future year.

To me this makes it seem like we’re about to go all in on the threepeat. We go for it, don’t win, and now we’ve sacrificed the next three years in Pat’s prime.
Disagree…

Pats cap hits on the future are on 63m to 27m. His average remaining cap hit is 43m.

60m is what top franchise QBs are getting paid right now. Pat’s contract has a TON of flexibility built into it.

To me, this is about fielding the best possible team for the remaining years of Reid’s tenure..

You have the greatest QBs and HC, go for it..

You already have a defense FULL of young guys that are on cheap deals. You couldn’t let Jones walk as he is the guy who helps every other level of the defense

rr55

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Disagree…

Pats cap hits on the future are on 63m to 27m. His average remaining cap hit is 43m.

60m is what top franchise QBs are getting paid right now. Pat’s contract has a TON of flexibility built into it.

To me, this is about fielding the best possible team for the remaining years of Reid’s tenure..

You have the greatest QBs and HC, go for it..

You already have a defense FULL of young guys that are on cheap deals. You couldn’t let Jones walk as he is the guy who helps every other level of the defense
The contract is signed with Pat and you have to pay him the money regardless. The average doesn't matter. The years are set and so is the guaranteed money. I just don't want to keep restructuring to pay less in the coming year and having to continually backload the coming years. If you keep restructuring you're going to get to 80m+ soon because you can't get away from it. You have to pay him his money, don't put it off. You're completely fucking a future team.

I couldn't disagree more. Reid is the GOAT, but he is also the number two reason why the Chiefs have done what they have. Pat is number one, don't give away any of his seasons because you are going for it while Reid is still here. To go all in just because Reid is still here is crazy to me. Continue the window as long as you can and the window is Pat, not Reid.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
The contract is signed with Pat and you have to pay him the money regardless. The average doesn't matter. The years are set and so is the guaranteed money. I just don't want to keep restructuring to pay less in the coming year and having to continually backload the coming years. If you keep restructuring you're going to get to 80m+ soon because you can't get away from it. You have to pay him his money, don't put it off. You're completely fucking a future team.
The point of my post is his average over the remainder of his contract is cheap.. it is 2/3rds what Dak is projected to sign.

As the cap continues to increase it will continue to get better and better. There is plenty of flexibility built into it.

I couldn't disagree more. Reid is the GOAT, but he is also the number two reason why the Chiefs have done what they have. Pat is number one, don't give away any of his seasons because you are going for it while Reid is still here. To go all in just because Reid is still here is crazy to me. Continue the window as long as you can and the window is Pat, not Reid.
Chiefs are hardly mortgaging their future with this is my point… Mahomes contract has a ridiculous low cap hits later in it… then you factor in that the cap is going to be higher too..

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's hubris to plan for the chiefs to have a window Mahomes entire career. They certainly could, he's young and that good, but you never know what the future holds and when you've got a team that can win again this year if you retain Jones and add you do what it takes.

It's a different sport but I think about the OKC thunder with Durant, Russ, Harden, and Ibaka where they went from a decade long title window to not even all being on the team in the span of 3 years or so. Take your shots while you have them because the future is unknown

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
It's hubris to plan for the chiefs to have a window Mahomes entire career. They certainly could, he's young and that good, but you never know what the future holds and when you've got a team that can win again this year if you retain Jones and add you do what it takes.
Ya you got Mahomes, Reid, Jones and Kelce together... You also got 2 more years of the Hill trade draft class that the Chiefs crushed.... You don't know who is going to replace Reid, you don't know how it is going to look after Kelce, etc...... You go for it...

The other thing is, they have hardly mortgaged their future in this process. Reason why I am pointing out that Mahomes's contract has a ton of flexibility built into it.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds