Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2023 Off Season Thread

Nebraska offensive coordinator Marcus Satterfield preemptively edited himself before discussing transfer quarterback Jeff Sims during a Monday appearance on Sports Nightly.

Satterfield was asked what traits initially attracted Matt Rhule’s staff to the former Georgia Tech quarterback. There was plenty to like, Satterfield said.

“I’ve got to be careful how I say that, but he’s got really, really, really high level arm talent,” Satterfield said of Sims. “I can remember him starting as a freshman at Georgia Tech and watching the game and thinking, ‘wow, they really found a guy’ because I had some friends that were coaching on that staff. I think he’s tough. I think he’s a good leader. I think he’s a competitor. I think his skill-set from an athletic standpoint is off the charts.”

Satterfield said Sims has been equally impressive since joining the Husker program, noting that Sims has added good weight and “looks like he could play linebacker now.” Satterfield said Sims’ understanding of Nebraska’s offense and its concepts has been aided by Sims’ past coaches and how much college football he has played.

“His ability to function out there from a cerebral standpoint is great,” Satterfield said. “I think his athletic traits are off the charts and his arm talent is really high level. I think he’s poised to have a breakout year.”

This summer, Satterfield said Sims has been running the summer throwing program. Coaches aren’t allowed to be involved, but Satterfield said Sims has been keeping the 20-plus players on schedule, while handling play calls and all the organizing and leadership that quarterbacks must handle in the summer.

“I think it’s slowly, but surely becoming his offense,” Satterfield said.

On Chubba — Satterfield noted that Chubba Purdy had one of the strongest finishes to the spring of any offensive player on the roster, and said Purdy, who backed up Casey Thompson last season, responded well to the coaching staff wanting him to produce more. Satterfield said to Purdy’s credit, he didn’t hide from the challenge and head for the transfer portal.

“He’s super, super competitive,” Satterfield said. “Very high football IQ. He started football games at the Power Five level. I think he’s had a good summer and throwing the ball well.”

Haarberg on the rise? — Satterfield called Heinrich Haarberg is a “physical specimen” much like Sims, with the ability to stress defenses with his arm or legs.

Beyond that, Satterfield said the experience Haarberg gained this spring was valuable for not only his development as a quarterback, but also his confidence, as Haarberg has yet to appear in a game as a Husker.

“That was good to see this spring and I think his confidence keeps growing the more he knows and the more he works within the system,” Satterfield said.

Quick Hitters across the offense —

— Satterfield said he’s “super excited” to get fall camp underway on July 31. Nebraska players will be living in the dorms together during fall camp, and Satterfield said Husker coaches will be right there with the players.

“We’re not going to say, ‘ya’ll go live in the dorm, we’re going home,’” he said. “We’re going to be in there with them. I think it’s going to make us closer as a staff, it’s going to make us closer as a team. I think we’re going to look back on this months or years from now and say, this was a turning point in tipping the culture and tipping Nebraska football in the direction it is now.”

— Satterfield said he thought his offense made progress throughout the spring in a number of areas, except for ball security in the spring game. Satterfield said Nebraska had held onto the ball relatively well through the first 14 practices, but took a step back in the spring game.

“That’s how you win and lose games,” Satterfield said of the importance of hanging on to the ball.

— Satterfield said Nebraska’s offensive line is one of the tightest knit groups he’s been around in 24 years of coaching, and called the offensive line “the hardest working group on the team.”

— Wide receiver is the group that needs to step up most on offense, Satterfield said, noting that “guys are going to have to show up early in camp to solidify roles.”

“They need to show up quick and establish their roles on the offense,” Satterfield said.

— Satterfield said he likes the variety of running backs Nebraska has going into the season.

— Satterfield said tight end is the toughest position in Nebraska’s offense because of what is asked of the group.

“They are the least experienced, but could be the most talented,” Satterfield said.

245 is fucking huge for a QB that can run like that. Cam Newton and Anthony Richardson are both 245, and Josh Allen is around 240.
Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Who are these people running these fan accounts? Anthony Grant 4 Heisman? What in tarnation are these folks thinking?
Just shared the tweet but will stop as it's just like the other retards Barstool Huskers and another one can't remember the name.

Just shared the tweet but will stop as it's just like the other retards Barstool Huskers and another one can't remember the name.
Haha no there’s nothing wrong with the tweet or anything, I just can’t imagine dedicating any time to running a fan account hyping our backup running back as a Heisman candidate. Our fans are weird.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back