Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Editorial 2023 Nebraska vs. Sparty O Breakdown (1 Viewer)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Can you share that HH INT too? I liked your discussion on the Tweeter with the guy who mentioned Kemp was open at the top.

Would be curious, like you said, what the reads are on that one.

If I had to guess QB read should be
#1 - Alert. Only throw this if you like the match up or he wins right away
Then you read the safety
#2 - if safety steps down you throw the TD
#3 - If safety stays back you hammer the dig.

Problem is Haarberg's elbow drops and the ball goes up. If he throws this ball right it is still a nice completion, but you would like to see him recognize the safety stepped down and go deep.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG

@slattimer I think this is the quarters beater that Rhule mentioned in his presser.

What is a QBs progression on this? It looks like Sims locks on to Kemp and misses Lloyd who is coming wide ass open

View attachment 29723

This is where I felt it looked like the ball needed to be out to 19 ripped to logo

Week point of quarters is the flat to deep flat. It's a switch release with one running a deep post and the other a deep out. Basically, read the corner, rides the vertical, which he should in quarters, throw the deep out unless the LB gets in the window. I'm sure Sims was assuming it was Quarters and was ripping the out basically not matter what.

But don't think they got quarters....

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG

If I had to guess QB read should be
#1 - Alert. Only throw this if you like the match up or he wins right away
Then you read the safety
#2 - if safety steps down you throw the TD
#3 - If safety stays back you hammer the dig.

Problem is Haarberg's elbow drops and the ball goes up. If he throws this ball right it is still a nice completion, but you would like to see him recognize the safety stepped down and go deep.

This is 4 verts. There are lots of problems with this. #1, Fidone needs to stop getting his weak ass redirected all of the time.

Is it MOFO or MOFC is a pretty big factor in 4 verts.
Outside Verticals - Do I like any of them pre-snap?
Otherwise, If it's MOFC, then I'm working the locked seam by Fidone to the seam reader by I think that's Kemp, basically, you're throwing opposite the MOFC $.

IF It's MOFO, then your locked seam is dead, and you work your seam reader that will win vs the hash $ by breaking his route off of leverage, if the hook defender gets in that window, check it down to the back.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds