Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NFL draft picks on 2023 Nebraska (2 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was thinking about Bo's rapid turnaround in 2008 and he had like 15 NFL guys on that team he "inherited" and many of them contributed that season: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/nebraska/2008-roster.html <- includes some iffy ones with NFL shields but YOLO.
so who do we have?
Please bucket into:

1. Will contribute this season
2. Won't contribute this season, but you think is a future NFL guy

Last edited:

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Looking at just the senior & junior classes, I can talk myself into anywhere from about 4 up to 20 depending on what kind of development happens over the next year and a half, and what the standard is for being an NFL guy (camp invite? regular season roster?).

Kemp
Newsome
Reimer
Nouili
Scott
TyRob

Would be the ones near the top.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
That's tough. Lots of guys who will get picked up as undrafted FA I think, not that many who will get drafted.

Dear_Leader

Defensive Lineman
Buford has a good shot.

What’s the over/under on Rhule’s prediction that Benhart makes a roster.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Looking at just the senior & junior classes, I can talk myself into anywhere from about 4 up to 20 depending on what kind of development happens over the next year and a half, and what the standard is for being an NFL guy (camp invite? regular season roster?).

Kemp
Newsome
Reimer
Nouili
Scott
TyRob

Would be the ones near the top.

Newsome, Scott, and Ty Rob are the only draft picks from that list.

Nouilli could be added, but he needs to prove he can be a dominant Guard without added Testosterone.

Reimer is a really good college football player, but he's too small to play at the next level.

Kemp is like Westerkamp. He can be highly productive in the Big Ten, but not quick enough for the NFL.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

Nouilli could be added, but he needs to prove he can be a dominant Guard without added Testosterone.

Reimer is a really good college football player, but he's too small to play at the next level.

Kemp is like Westerkamp. He can be highly productive in the Big Ten, but not quick enough for the NFL.
Reimer will be a UDFA and play a few years as a backup. He's 6'1" 225 probably not quite average but think there's smaller guys out there. Being on the smaller end though he probably isn't quick enough. Don't know if he has the body type to get up to 240-250.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member

Definitely not all draft picks, but solid talents who will likely be on rosters or practice squads for multiple years.

Kemp & Reimer are the types who have the attitude and skill sets to play well on special teams, which is a big difference maker for borderline players.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds