Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2023 Fall Camp Thread

Ya'll get annoyed about some weird shit.
die new hampshire GIF by Ethan Barnowsky

Why do I need to scan a QR code just to read the same menu that I could have just grabbed off the table?
If it's a restaurant that updates its menu often, this keeps them from having to spend money printing the updates/specials/any weekly changes. Also, if you're someone like me who's starting to have trouble reading small type, especially in low-lit places, having the menu on your phone allows you to zoom in so you can see the menu and don't have to use the light on your phone so the whole place knows you're an old. Not to mention, now I don't have to ask or wait on some teenager to bring me the menu. It's there any time I want it. Thinking about dessert? Don't have to ask. Can't remember what that second cocktail was that you were going to order? Don't have to ask. Plus, it's more sanitary. Now I don't have to touch a menu that 100 people have touched throughout the day right before I use my hands to feed myself.

Let’s them make menu changes without printing off 100 new menus.

If a restaurant changes menus weekly or monthly I get it.
That's fair. I honestly order the same one thing from whatever restaurant I go to, so reading the menu is really just a social formality thing for me. I really don't even have to. Sometimes I do like to see if anything has changed.

If it's a restaurant that updates its menu often, this keeps them from having to spend money printing the updates/specials/any weekly changes. Also, if you're someone like me who's starting to have trouble reading small type, especially in low-lit places, having the menu on your phone allows you to zoom in so you can see the menu and don't have to use the light on your phone so the whole place knows you're an old. Not to mention, now I don't have to ask or wait on some teenager to bring me the menu. It's there any time I want it. Thinking about dessert? Don't have to ask. Can't remember what that second cocktail was that you were going to order? Don't have to ask. Plus, it's more sanitary. Now I don't have to touch a menu that 100 people have touched throughout the day right before I use my hands to feed myself.
That's fair. I don't care about the sanitation thing myself. Germs bother me none

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back