Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2023-24 Portal Szn (8 Viewers)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I imagine we see a pretty quick exodus of lower depth chart guys today and tomorrow. Not much time left for em to enter the portal.
Plus when a player tells their schools admin they want to enter the portal they school has 48 hours (sometimes used to talk a kid out of transferring) before they have to actually put him in the portal. So we may not see some guys pop up until May 2 or so.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I imagine we see a pretty quick exodus of lower depth chart guys today and tomorrow. Not much time left for em to enter the portal.
I personally do not expect there is a lot of attrition coming. We have 146 on the roster; I think the new locker room can hold that many. I think they have a slot of levers they can pull to accommodate players with NIL, and they have created a situation in which everyone on the roster gets some NIL. The question for many will be "Where could I go and get treated as well as I do here?" At some point in the not distant future there may be a Title IX squeeze but this year I'll be surprised if more than 5 enter the portal before it closes.

We will likely be able to have more people able to coach, too, after the June rules meeting.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I personally do not expect there is a lot of attrition coming. We have 146 on the roster; I think the new locker room can hold that many. I think they have a slot of levers they can pull to accommodate players with NIL, and they have created a situation in which everyone on the roster gets some NIL. The question for many will be "Where could I go and get treated as well as I do here?" At some point in the not distant future there may be a Title IX squeeze but this year I'll be surprised if more than 5 enter the portal before it closes.

We will likely be able to have more people able to coach, too, after the June rules meeting.
I agree with everything you've said. My only issue is I truly can't figure out all these NIL vs Scholarship rules and who's all left on what. In the end, I'm not worried, just more interested to see who all is still here come August.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I think Nation and Bootle both have a lot of talent, they’re just young and a little undersized. But the cupboard certainly isn’t bare at that position.
I like both of those guys too and I think they will be good players for us.

What I was trying to say is for having around 25 scholarship level DBs it seems like we don't have very many true CBs in that group.

So, I think the coaches are going to be looking for more CB depth and size there.

It's also a little concerning that they said they brought Blye in as a depth/development guy and then he went right to the top of the depth chart over the others that had already been there.

Blye did have more playing time at his previous school but he also just as young as Nation and Bootle.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
We have only one LS on the roster. He has been in Lincoln 4 years and NEVER has taken a game snap.

There are not many LS in the portal. However, this guy entered the portal 4/23. He was a RS Soph last year and took every special teams snap for the Buffs in the 2023 season. I hope we take a look.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
We have only one LS on the roster. He has been in Lincoln 4 years and NEVER has taken a game snap.

There are not many LS in the portal. However, this guy entered the portal 4/23. He was a RS Soph last year and took every special teams snap for the Buffs in the 2023 season. I hope we take a look.

200w.gif

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds