Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2021 Husker Baseball Thread (Big 10 Champions)

I typed out some of my history and I caught myself being reluctant to share it with you. I have 3 trolls-2skerz3 or whatever his name is-Lonnie Boyson and Darkhorse that would call me a liar if I said the sun came up in the east. I will end up with some of their $ or shame them off the board next chance I hear that but I dont want to give them any message board fodder that I cannot verify and prove up immediately. Our relationship lately i have noticed they seem to like your posts a lot in our conversations so are they your buddies or just chime in for whomever I may be disagreeing with. I dont know.!
cliffs:
You wouldnt believe most of it anyway and that I can promise you. Now your dad might as if he is in the ag business I had farms -feedlot and ranch connections statewide and a big showplace ranch on the interstate west of Lincoln. Diamond Head Ranch And that was all before I was 30.
Landmarks and things I can tell you about to verify some of it you are too young as you were not even born yet,
I was a total no name unknown football player.
I was asked to walk on long ago when I was a soph in college. Didnt last long and was always limping and that was partially due to a torn up dislocated ankle in a horse accident before my SR year of HS. Wasnt fast enough as a DE and not big enough for DL
Some of the coaches liked me though because of my bold fearless aggressive attitude and work ethic.
Monte Kiffin and Bobfather really liked me and we were friends many years-Milt-Epley and later McBride along with many of their staffs were friends.
TO not so much as I had a tendency to not take shit and was quick triggered willing to throw fists and his pets always had a surprising bad day.

Stayed in touch with coaches and weight staff over the years and gambled-drank and vacationed with some. I had older partners in some ventures that had been boosters for a long time and I got involved in that game some but not so much about donating as favors. Did many favors over the years including giving players jobs and loaning planes etc. Had passes to any practices and if I asked I could get on the sideline for games but only did a few times. Worst place there is to watch a game when everyone stands in front of you.

As far as my thoughts
Was just thinking a few moments ago-Not sure your era is going to get a chance to enjoy sports like we did and that is sad. A big part of any successful sports program or franchise is pride. Nebraska is a prime example of how proud we are of our program.
Anymore the tail is wagging the dog and these out of state kids are mostly mercenaries. They are hard to get close to as a fan they way they change commitments so often

NBA you see it with guys grouping together to make mini all star teams for a short period.
You cannot associate any player with a team or a coach-they just keep revolving.

They lowered scholarship limits in college football partially to help balance teams. It seems to have made things worse.
The transfer portal as is looks like a death sentence to college football as we have known it IMO. If you take your time and develop a low ranked kid into something great and pay for the redshirt year etc it is almost a given he will bail on you and either go pro early or go play for a better program for a championship ring. The development is therefore being stolen. If they get mad they can just leave. Best schools can basically steal the best athletes while you still have them under scholarship and are paying their bills. IMO there is nothing right about that.
The #1 thing I saw down there and learned to realize is most of these kids are lazy and very few work hard enough to reach their abilities. Obviously the great ones do but athletic ability means very little without the drive.The walk ons are the exception. Lazy walk ons just quit.

I hope you see a championship in your life too and it is soon or I wont get a chance to see the resurrection as my time is short here comparatively LOL.

As far as what your second hand connections are-Dont worry about that man. Hell that is better than what some of those that believe they are insiders actually have. I have no direct contact information anymore and I dont go to practices. Epley was a source of info for me and his opinion is good any info I get from him is now second or third hand and we know how that goes. I do know some regents and some of my old booster buddies but the info you get from them is often second or third hand and infused with sunshine pumping as that is what the staff wants to put out quite honestly. Hell they are the ones contacting me for info so you know we are all in the dark to an extent LOL,
I am more tied in with the political administration of what is going on down there than the actual nuances of the roster anymore.
I do know a couple players dads that I can bother if I need to but I do not do that often as it embarrasses me as it is obvious why I am calling them. I go hunting with a few every year when they come back for a game and spend an extra day or two. Been doing that for years too with out of state players families. They can give you a lot of insight what kids are thinking and seeing going on and that is the best info I get anymore.
Ex players on the site can learn some things some times but Frost keeps things pretty tight. Not much info escapes there if he doesnt want it to. FYI some of the ex players on the site are T-Man, Curious Giovanney, Jersey Husker. There are more but not all are connected anymore and many that are dont want to share it,
CG tells it like it is-many on there dont like that. The other two dont say much if it isn't positive.
Many total phony insiders that just want to be message board heroes. They try to be and are popular posters because they post only what the masses want to hear. Cornicator and True Colors are a couple. Both are about your age and neither must work as they are posting all day long. Neither ever played football at NU and Cornicator for sure never attended NU as he supposedly played some D-2 football somewhere. True Colors never played football period. He is a soccer player and I am not sure where or if he ever went to college as he talks about playing semi pro soccer and living in a horse barn in Cockeyes when he was 21. Take their BS for what it is worth but all the info they try to post as fact is rumors or stuff they picked off another board. Dont get me wrong some turns out correct but a broken clock is right twice a day .
They surf all sites day long and come with some info we had not heard from time to time but that is because they picked it up on another message board or twitter.

Good Luck to you. I admittedly carry a chip on my shoulder whenever I go to that site. Sorry to be abrasive to you. GBR

I am sure there are a lot more players on here than what we realize. Many of them dont want to interact which I fully understand
. Every time a Ron Brown thread comes out there are guys that seem to never post that come on to his defense and claim to have been coached by him and I am assuming they are telling the truth. Often like this thread lately guys are saying that that I didnt realize were ex players and very seldom see them post.
Brown always was and is still very polarizing in his racial-political and religious beliefs. Just because you are religious doesn't make you a good guy. Religious wars and atrocities have been ongoing forever with evil men leading some in the name of religion and having a lot of people following them and believing in them. I am not a Brown fan-He is way too radical for me and he was fired from NU for it twice basically. I respect that some guys that played for him feel he helped them in life so I keep my mouth shut.

There are many on there that are connected that never post. Charlie McBride is on there and never posts. We DM once in awhile. He doesn't try to stay very connected anymore though but when he does offer me something it is always solid. Multiple booster buddies are on there and never post. All have stories about know nothing nimrods that ridicule them when they try to post so they just dont. They tease me and laugh at me fighting with the masses so much on there on topics they know about usually about. The Riley firing behind the scenes in 2017 before the season even started and Frost agreed to hiring basically months before Moos was even hired is one thing.

Unfortunately many of the better posters have been ran off over the last few years. It was always the wannabe insiders doing it just like True Colors has been hassling CG lately. Ironically Cornicator is the one-with his group of minions-that ran off Nufannomatterwhat and that is True Colors says he gets his info from. They embarrassed him bad.
They caught him out and out lying about some things. Saying he was spending time with coaches when reports came out the coach was in Hawaii for those days etc. I believe that guy is possibly an ex coach and although he did embellish-tell some stories that were not true and was always a pro coach sunshine pumper I always paid attention to his insight.True Colors is a wannabe and a phony and no real insider whatsoever. Be careful believing his stuff as tru and especially play designs etc.
Rkay was another great poster that Cornicator and crew ran off. The wannabes want to be the King of the Hill and worshipped on the site so they kill off the competition. It is funny to watch when you start thinking of it in that way,
Science guy and Chaz in southern Cal always brought good content. They were called stalkers of little boys type of stuff=ran off. Chaz still does a great pod cast as does RKay that breaks down plays and designs etc.
Bootleg is a HS coach in Ks that may have played-never brings much but opinions.
Tman and Jersey Husker are solid as is DB and they are all ex players.
CG says the things out loud that DB alludes to but never really says because of his radio affiliation.
Most ex players dont have access to much daily info other than a perspective of how things work down there.

Charlie doesn't follow recruiting religiously or try to stay connected to North stadium too much. He does try to keep abreast of what recruits we are after etc. though.

Riley to Frost.
I know it sounds crazy but that entire thing was planned. There has been an ongoing inner political power struggle for many years at UNL going back to Perlman etc.
Eichhorst was "their" guy put in there to fire Bo who was an embarrassment to the University unless you were football crazy. Riley was the anti Bo.
Bottom line the "Tradition Coalition" which is basically TO and his faithful already knew Frost was the man they were targeting and TO knew the time was not right for Frost with Eichorst controlling things. Talks had began with Frost before the Riley hire and I know that to be true.
That is why there was no push for Frost but rather allow him to take a stepping stone job at UCF to get experience while they figured out a way to oust Eichorst.

There are different opinions on the subject but some believe Riley was in on it from the beginning knowing he was here for a short period. Explains never moving out of the Hotel. Most believe Riley was not made aware of the problems at the top until he got here and learned of it then he understood what was inevitable and played ball so to speak.

Crazy as it sounds the thing that pushed things to happen when they did was not Frosts success but Riley's. Pay attention to this part of the history lesson because 20 years from now people will try to tell you it was different than this.
Frost was on his first year in 2016. Riley got the team turned around at the end of his first year in 2015. We beat 6th rated MSU in an exciting game Lost to Cockeyes by one score then beat a ranked UCLA we were a heavy underdog to.
2016 we built on that and were 7/0 ranked top 10 through first 7 games-Played top 10 ranked Wiscy to OT and then the depth showed up and the wheels fell off with both QB's hurt etc while Frost was struggling and ended with a losing record at UCF, Riley ended up with 9 wins after starting 22 walk ons at different positions and terrible depth in the roster.
That is what scared the Tradition Coalition and the Frost parade into making changes immediately. The President Bounds- had brought Billy Devaney in in Feb 2016 to be their eyes and spy.
Bounds was the guy driving the bus, He had full support from TO and his followers and he was hired in 2015 for the purpose to oversee what eventually happened just as Eichorst had been a few years previous by the opposing side. Eichorst and Riley were dead men walking the day Bounds was hired and most believe that Riley realized that then.

With the successful 2016 season by Riley and excitement around recruiting things got escalated. They couldn't have Riley have another good to better season and have Frost possibly have another losing season at UCF and expect the public to accept the change!

Think about this and how crazy this was in retrospect. We just had a season that we had overachieved to rated and 9 wins in with a terrible roster. Recruiting was looking up. And does anyone really believe the logical next move was to fire the longtime friend and DC that Riley had brought with whose defense ranked higher than Bo's had for years?? And to do it over the telephone while the guy was out of state? And we were changing to a 3/4 which Riley had never ran before? Was it just a coincidence Frost ran and wanted to run a 3/4?

Shortly after hearing that I learned Frost would be our coach within a year with a new AD and Eichorst was gone.
Devaney and Diaco were coaching for Bounds in 2017 and Riley's staff knew they were dead men walking only hoping they might get hired on by the new staff as soon as Eichorst got fired.

A few months later the plan started taking place-Im still not sure if they deliberately tanked the season or that was a side result but lets just say no one admits it if it was planned and some were happy it worked that way as it opened the door without any public pushback in Nebraska.
All they had to do was find an AD that was willing to go with Frost and he made that easier than they ever expected . Frost having the success he did may have made for some anxious moments but the deal had basically been agreed to in Dec the previous year when TO visited. The dollars and terms were the only issues.

There has always been sneaky behind the scenes stuff going on down there. This was just another. TO shoving Frank in there was another.
I doubt you ever see Presidents and Chancellor at a University ever again be actively involved in recruiting and walking the sidelines etc like we did in 2017.

Some believe it cost Bounds his job as the other side threatened to expose the entire thing. I dont know about that. It was surprising he left shortly after. When the staff was let go it was also interesting Billy Devaney was the last guy that was kept around until the transition.

Truth!!!!
Nebraska football was catching a lot of heat about that time.
IMO that was 99% of the reason TO retired.
Sports Illustrated and others were all over the program. Armen Keteyian wrote a book in 1989 called Big Red Confidential. He was a SI reporter. Many wrong doings were alleged but not proved in that book. Nothing could be proven as no one talked but they were barking up some right trees.
I am talked about in that book numerous chapters in spite of dodging the reporters and refusing to talk to them after I determined what they were trying to get. I also was the one that warned TO to not do an interview with them that he already had scheduled as it was a dirt digging book.
TO was a very moral man and some things that were going on that he turned a blind eye to like the rampant steroid use caused him to have conflicts I am sure. He was scared to death of having his reputation sullied.
Fast forward then a few years-Mid 90's and the Lawrence Phillips situation. TO and the program caught major heat from the national news on him allowing Phillips to play. Again there were skeletons in the closets that scared the dadgum Hell out of TO that they might be exposed. Same Sports Illustrated reporter was after him and the program and already knew what some of the BS was.TO announced retirement.
Frank was never smart enough to be a HC at this level. Frank was not really even the OC TO was and called the plays.

IMO TO was worried about his legacy and UNL being made to look bad. He wanted Frank and his entire staff kept in place because he knew they would keep their mouths shut and the skeletons locked up. Any new coach gets hired and he or his assistants could throw the previous TO staff under the bus for they were bound to learn some things that could be considered wrong doings.

Bill Byrne was very capable and wanted to hire from outside. Get the best man for the job and have a Natl search. Honestly Bill knew Frank was not smart enough for the job.

TO carried a lot of weight and tried insisting. Bill never agreed but just deferred and said they would talk about it. Bill was gone out of state and TO called an impromptu press conference and announced Solich as the new coach when Byrne wasn't even in the state. His comments were he had talked to Byrne about it. LOL Yes they had talked but never agreed. Now Bill was torn to create a big stink and controversy by denouncing the hire that was his job to do or go along with it. About 25 supporters of the program were called together to discuss it with Byrne and I was invited. Some there were very loyal to TO and anything he wanted they were fine with. Many if not most of us didn't feel Frank was capable but what to do? The Phillips deal and steroids and car deals among other things came up and we decided the prudent thing to do was roll with it and see how it turned out. We knew they would protect the program by keeping their mouths shut.
Frank had no chance-His hands were tied and he wasn't allowed to do the same things TO had done for years. The staff was old or aging and the drive was gone. It showed in the recruiting and talent evaluation. Byrne got out when it became obvious Frank wasnt the right man and TO still insisted on leaving him in there and it was going to cause a major feud to get rid of him. Bullheadedness was coming in. Byrne exited and they got Pederson in as the axe man to do what should have been done before or never allowed to happen. TO was mad and painted Pederson as an enemy of the Husker nation. I dont buy that. TO was just wrong from the start and we were digging a bigger hole.

Anyway it was no secret nationally how TO was trying to still control everything here and he undermined the hiring of any new coach as he was determined to not accept anyone Pederson hired. Thats exactly what he ended up doing with Calahan who was very capable of being successful here but TO wouldnt give him a chance from day 1. Instead he went out and hired another dummy by the name of BO for the job.
If you sat down and had a conversation with Frank-Bo and Calahan you would be shocked in a few minutes how far behind two of them were intellectually. One sounded like a professional and the other two sounded like hillbillies,
I couldnt support the TO train any longer when they let Bill go and hired Bo.

TO was always very controlling and hard headed-Way more than most scrollers realize. It cost him a lot of games we should have won in his early years of coaching. He got better over time.
For whatever reason TO always surrounded himself with guys that couldn't challenge him or his ideas. Thats why he had no coaches getting hired away for other jobs.
Compare that to successful guys like Urban-Stoops-Bill Snyder or Saban and they do just the opposite and always have. They all have big long coaching trees. TO doesnt.

He says no. Im not so sure. I dont believe he would admit it if he was anyway so that doubt is there for me.
He comes with stuff that I am not sure a guy like Damon Benning even has access to. Very rarely does he go into details but his original post about that fight said hopefully it has no long term ramifications. I immediately knew it had to be a black/white issue from that with some bad words exchanged because fights always happen down there and never a danger of long term ramifications.
The world has gotten to a strange place when freshmen that are slacking feel they can mouth of to a Sr and call him a racist whatever. Frost wants Sr leadership and holding guys accountable then this BS results. Frost is going to be challenged this year with stuff like this for sure.

You could be right. Wouldn't surprise me if he is Crouch's brother in law or something where he might learn some things from..
Some on here are old pros and when they made their user names for these accounts they aren't their first or only account and they were aware that would be part of all their posts.

Myself I didn't realize that and used an e mail address prefix. Many use their name like I assume you may have. For that reason it wouldn't surprise me as anyone connected and not merely a fan wouldn't pilfer another players name probably. I feel he has a connection just not sure what it is.

You need to go back into the thread and read the posts by Curious Geovanney and Bfarmer . Farmer is Tanners' dad-Curious is an ex player whose son played. Neither go into detail or bitch as much as I do but Farmer says a lot in a short rant. Both let their guard down and reveal it was Bounds playing AD and coach that made all the decisions in 2017. FWIW Bounds was with TO on a trip to visit Frost in nov/Dec 2016. TO being there was well chronicled. Bounds was not made public and may have wanted to be or press may have not realized who he was,

When they came home Banker was fired in days and Diaco with his similar 3/4 def was hired on a one year up front contract-hmmmm
Get the players accustomed to it a year early? Easy way to tank ? They didn't want a 9-10 win season again to bring Frost into. That would make the transition tough with fans and players.
Basically Frost and NU came to agreements with nothing in writing to hire him then.
Devaney was always working for Bounds-was eyes in the coaches office and what he said went as he discussed it with Bounds and he relayed the orders.. Not a coincidence he was the only one left when Frost got here in Jan 2018,

If you really want to do research in 2016 CG called this at the time. North stadium was making all the coaching decisions late in the year already, His short cryptic style didnt get much attention but I knew there was something to it and made some calls. Dirty politics and the one everyone thinks is a saint is one of the dirtiest at them all. TO

A word to the wise.
Learn who the guys that have any true wisdom are on here and read every post you can find of theirs. When guys hint but dont really come out and say things are often the guys that know but dont want thrown under the bus for saying it.
CG stating cryptically what was going on in 2016 led me to making phone calls and verifying it.

There are a whole lot of pretenders on the site that know absolutely nothing and many seem to think they do. The entire sunshine pumping crew. You find no one with ties to the program that is in that group.
Cornicator has opinions-some good and some terrible-that he tries to pass as inside info to back them up but he never attended UNL and is not tied in. Notice he never argues with me anymore but we often disagree. He follows what is popular and is a "Like" chaser.
He is a sheep to anything that Frost said at first. Bragged on Cam and Martinez for two years.Not so much this year. Hates PFF as it exposes both of those for being terrible.

True Colors is the worst. Another sheep that follows whatever Frost says which we have learned is a whole lot of coach speak without many facts. Another who called Cam "elite" Never played football and never attended UNL He is a Pickle Smoochers fan bartender in Omaha. What he posts he picks up at the bar. He got into my social media -twitter and facebook-thinking he was going to expose me for something. Instead he now dodges me like the plague as he found the opposite of what he thought he would.

CG=Tom Banderas Played TE in 1984-87 for TO
Son Josh played under Bo
Son Anthony was a RS in 2018 for Frost He left Aug of 2019 -May have been a walk on but got these
Honors & Awards
» Nebraska Scholar-Athlete Honor Roll (Fall 2018)
» Brook Berringer Citizenship Team (2019)
» Tom Osborne Citizenship Team (2019)

Farmer is ITT we discussed. Posted this
@blfarmer73

Riley was a mere puppet. The administration, down through anyone who had a say as to what was going on with personnel on the field, were and are rotten to the core. Riley was the best yes man to cash a check. He wasn't the one pulling the strings though! Anyone that thinks so, is just misinformed IMO. GBR

Have a good New Year

StormKing seems to have a major beef with @...TrueColors... I only have a minor beef...While I might be weird, my neighbors are more weird.

StormKing seems to have a major beef with @...TrueColors... I only have a minor beef...While I might be weird, my neighbors are more weird.
I like to picture you as some form of your avatar with that pissed off look like your neighbor just mowed a bad line that separates your yard from theirs and you're staring at him like he insulted your dog.

IF storm legit had access at one point, he's probably just super pissed that it got denied going forward and that Tru has his own access and Storm is better about it. But with how wild half of Storm's story is, I'm not even sold he used to have any connections at all. Think he's just a bitter fan.

I typed out some of my history and I caught myself being reluctant to share it with you. I have 3 trolls-2skerz3 or whatever his name is-Lonnie Boyson and Darkhorse that would call me a liar if I said the sun came up in the east. I will end up with some of their $ or shame them off the board next chance I hear that but I dont want to give them any message board fodder that I cannot verify and prove up immediately. Our relationship lately i have noticed they seem to like your posts a lot in our conversations so are they your buddies or just chime in for whomever I may be disagreeing with. I dont know.!
cliffs:
You wouldnt believe most of it anyway and that I can promise you. Now your dad might as if he is in the ag business I had farms -feedlot and ranch connections statewide and a big showplace ranch on the interstate west of Lincoln. Diamond Head Ranch And that was all before I was 30.
Landmarks and things I can tell you about to verify some of it you are too young as you were not even born yet,
I was a total no name unknown football player.
I was asked to walk on long ago when I was a soph in college. Didnt last long and was always limping and that was partially due to a torn up dislocated ankle in a horse accident before my SR year of HS. Wasnt fast enough as a DE and not big enough for DL
Some of the coaches liked me though because of my bold fearless aggressive attitude and work ethic.
Monte Kiffin and Bobfather really liked me and we were friends many years-Milt-Epley and later McBride along with many of their staffs were friends.
TO not so much as I had a tendency to not take shit and was quick triggered willing to throw fists and his pets always had a surprising bad day.

Stayed in touch with coaches and weight staff over the years and gambled-drank and vacationed with some. I had older partners in some ventures that had been boosters for a long time and I got involved in that game some but not so much about donating as favors. Did many favors over the years including giving players jobs and loaning planes etc. Had passes to any practices and if I asked I could get on the sideline for games but only did a few times. Worst place there is to watch a game when everyone stands in front of you.

As far as my thoughts
Was just thinking a few moments ago-Not sure your era is going to get a chance to enjoy sports like we did and that is sad. A big part of any successful sports program or franchise is pride. Nebraska is a prime example of how proud we are of our program.
Anymore the tail is wagging the dog and these out of state kids are mostly mercenaries. They are hard to get close to as a fan they way they change commitments so often

NBA you see it with guys grouping together to make mini all star teams for a short period.
You cannot associate any player with a team or a coach-they just keep revolving.

They lowered scholarship limits in college football partially to help balance teams. It seems to have made things worse.
The transfer portal as is looks like a death sentence to college football as we have known it IMO. If you take your time and develop a low ranked kid into something great and pay for the redshirt year etc it is almost a given he will bail on you and either go pro early or go play for a better program for a championship ring. The development is therefore being stolen. If they get mad they can just leave. Best schools can basically steal the best athletes while you still have them under scholarship and are paying their bills. IMO there is nothing right about that.
The #1 thing I saw down there and learned to realize is most of these kids are lazy and very few work hard enough to reach their abilities. Obviously the great ones do but athletic ability means very little without the drive.The walk ons are the exception. Lazy walk ons just quit.

I hope you see a championship in your life too and it is soon or I wont get a chance to see the resurrection as my time is short here comparatively LOL.

As far as what your second hand connections are-Dont worry about that man. Hell that is better than what some of those that believe they are insiders actually have. I have no direct contact information anymore and I dont go to practices. Epley was a source of info for me and his opinion is good any info I get from him is now second or third hand and we know how that goes. I do know some regents and some of my old booster buddies but the info you get from them is often second or third hand and infused with sunshine pumping as that is what the staff wants to put out quite honestly. Hell they are the ones contacting me for info so you know we are all in the dark to an extent LOL,
I am more tied in with the political administration of what is going on down there than the actual nuances of the roster anymore.
I do know a couple players dads that I can bother if I need to but I do not do that often as it embarrasses me as it is obvious why I am calling them. I go hunting with a few every year when they come back for a game and spend an extra day or two. Been doing that for years too with out of state players families. They can give you a lot of insight what kids are thinking and seeing going on and that is the best info I get anymore.
Ex players on the site can learn some things some times but Frost keeps things pretty tight. Not much info escapes there if he doesnt want it to. FYI some of the ex players on the site are T-Man, Curious Giovanney, Jersey Husker. There are more but not all are connected anymore and many that are dont want to share it,
CG tells it like it is-many on there dont like that. The other two dont say much if it isn't positive.
Many total phony insiders that just want to be message board heroes. They try to be and are popular posters because they post only what the masses want to hear. Cornicator and True Colors are a couple. Both are about your age and neither must work as they are posting all day long. Neither ever played football at NU and Cornicator for sure never attended NU as he supposedly played some D-2 football somewhere. True Colors never played football period. He is a soccer player and I am not sure where or if he ever went to college as he talks about playing semi pro soccer and living in a horse barn in Cockeyes when he was 21. Take their BS for what it is worth but all the info they try to post as fact is rumors or stuff they picked off another board. Dont get me wrong some turns out correct but a broken clock is right twice a day .
They surf all sites day long and come with some info we had not heard from time to time but that is because they picked it up on another message board or twitter.

Good Luck to you. I admittedly carry a chip on my shoulder whenever I go to that site. Sorry to be abrasive to you. GBR

I am sure there are a lot more players on here than what we realize. Many of them dont want to interact which I fully understand
. Every time a Ron Brown thread comes out there are guys that seem to never post that come on to his defense and claim to have been coached by him and I am assuming they are telling the truth. Often like this thread lately guys are saying that that I didnt realize were ex players and very seldom see them post.
Brown always was and is still very polarizing in his racial-political and religious beliefs. Just because you are religious doesn't make you a good guy. Religious wars and atrocities have been ongoing forever with evil men leading some in the name of religion and having a lot of people following them and believing in them. I am not a Brown fan-He is way too radical for me and he was fired from NU for it twice basically. I respect that some guys that played for him feel he helped them in life so I keep my mouth shut.

There are many on there that are connected that never post. Charlie McBride is on there and never posts. We DM once in awhile. He doesn't try to stay very connected anymore though but when he does offer me something it is always solid. Multiple booster buddies are on there and never post. All have stories about know nothing nimrods that ridicule them when they try to post so they just dont. They tease me and laugh at me fighting with the masses so much on there on topics they know about usually about. The Riley firing behind the scenes in 2017 before the season even started and Frost agreed to hiring basically months before Moos was even hired is one thing.

Unfortunately many of the better posters have been ran off over the last few years. It was always the wannabe insiders doing it just like True Colors has been hassling CG lately. Ironically Cornicator is the one-with his group of minions-that ran off Nufannomatterwhat and that is True Colors says he gets his info from. They embarrassed him bad.
They caught him out and out lying about some things. Saying he was spending time with coaches when reports came out the coach was in Hawaii for those days etc. I believe that guy is possibly an ex coach and although he did embellish-tell some stories that were not true and was always a pro coach sunshine pumper I always paid attention to his insight.True Colors is a wannabe and a phony and no real insider whatsoever. Be careful believing his stuff as tru and especially play designs etc.
Rkay was another great poster that Cornicator and crew ran off. The wannabes want to be the King of the Hill and worshipped on the site so they kill off the competition. It is funny to watch when you start thinking of it in that way,
Science guy and Chaz in southern Cal always brought good content. They were called stalkers of little boys type of stuff=ran off. Chaz still does a great pod cast as does RKay that breaks down plays and designs etc.
Bootleg is a HS coach in Ks that may have played-never brings much but opinions.
Tman and Jersey Husker are solid as is DB and they are all ex players.
CG says the things out loud that DB alludes to but never really says because of his radio affiliation.
Most ex players dont have access to much daily info other than a perspective of how things work down there.

Charlie doesn't follow recruiting religiously or try to stay connected to North stadium too much. He does try to keep abreast of what recruits we are after etc. though.

Riley to Frost.
I know it sounds crazy but that entire thing was planned. There has been an ongoing inner political power struggle for many years at UNL going back to Perlman etc.
Eichhorst was "their" guy put in there to fire Bo who was an embarrassment to the University unless you were football crazy. Riley was the anti Bo.
Bottom line the "Tradition Coalition" which is basically TO and his faithful already knew Frost was the man they were targeting and TO knew the time was not right for Frost with Eichorst controlling things. Talks had began with Frost before the Riley hire and I know that to be true.
That is why there was no push for Frost but rather allow him to take a stepping stone job at UCF to get experience while they figured out a way to oust Eichorst.

There are different opinions on the subject but some believe Riley was in on it from the beginning knowing he was here for a short period. Explains never moving out of the Hotel. Most believe Riley was not made aware of the problems at the top until he got here and learned of it then he understood what was inevitable and played ball so to speak.

Crazy as it sounds the thing that pushed things to happen when they did was not Frosts success but Riley's. Pay attention to this part of the history lesson because 20 years from now people will try to tell you it was different than this.
Frost was on his first year in 2016. Riley got the team turned around at the end of his first year in 2015. We beat 6th rated MSU in an exciting game Lost to Cockeyes by one score then beat a ranked UCLA we were a heavy underdog to.
2016 we built on that and were 7/0 ranked top 10 through first 7 games-Played top 10 ranked Wiscy to OT and then the depth showed up and the wheels fell off with both QB's hurt etc while Frost was struggling and ended with a losing record at UCF, Riley ended up with 9 wins after starting 22 walk ons at different positions and terrible depth in the roster.
That is what scared the Tradition Coalition and the Frost parade into making changes immediately. The President Bounds- had brought Billy Devaney in in Feb 2016 to be their eyes and spy.
Bounds was the guy driving the bus, He had full support from TO and his followers and he was hired in 2015 for the purpose to oversee what eventually happened just as Eichorst had been a few years previous by the opposing side. Eichorst and Riley were dead men walking the day Bounds was hired and most believe that Riley realized that then.

With the successful 2016 season by Riley and excitement around recruiting things got escalated. They couldn't have Riley have another good to better season and have Frost possibly have another losing season at UCF and expect the public to accept the change!

Think about this and how crazy this was in retrospect. We just had a season that we had overachieved to rated and 9 wins in with a terrible roster. Recruiting was looking up. And does anyone really believe the logical next move was to fire the longtime friend and DC that Riley had brought with whose defense ranked higher than Bo's had for years?? And to do it over the telephone while the guy was out of state? And we were changing to a 3/4 which Riley had never ran before? Was it just a coincidence Frost ran and wanted to run a 3/4?

Shortly after hearing that I learned Frost would be our coach within a year with a new AD and Eichorst was gone.
Devaney and Diaco were coaching for Bounds in 2017 and Riley's staff knew they were dead men walking only hoping they might get hired on by the new staff as soon as Eichorst got fired.

A few months later the plan started taking place-Im still not sure if they deliberately tanked the season or that was a side result but lets just say no one admits it if it was planned and some were happy it worked that way as it opened the door without any public pushback in Nebraska.
All they had to do was find an AD that was willing to go with Frost and he made that easier than they ever expected . Frost having the success he did may have made for some anxious moments but the deal had basically been agreed to in Dec the previous year when TO visited. The dollars and terms were the only issues.

There has always been sneaky behind the scenes stuff going on down there. This was just another. TO shoving Frank in there was another.
I doubt you ever see Presidents and Chancellor at a University ever again be actively involved in recruiting and walking the sidelines etc like we did in 2017.

Some believe it cost Bounds his job as the other side threatened to expose the entire thing. I dont know about that. It was surprising he left shortly after. When the staff was let go it was also interesting Billy Devaney was the last guy that was kept around until the transition.

Truth!!!!
Nebraska football was catching a lot of heat about that time.
IMO that was 99% of the reason TO retired.
Sports Illustrated and others were all over the program. Armen Keteyian wrote a book in 1989 called Big Red Confidential. He was a SI reporter. Many wrong doings were alleged but not proved in that book. Nothing could be proven as no one talked but they were barking up some right trees.
I am talked about in that book numerous chapters in spite of dodging the reporters and refusing to talk to them after I determined what they were trying to get. I also was the one that warned TO to not do an interview with them that he already had scheduled as it was a dirt digging book.
TO was a very moral man and some things that were going on that he turned a blind eye to like the rampant steroid use caused him to have conflicts I am sure. He was scared to death of having his reputation sullied.
Fast forward then a few years-Mid 90's and the Lawrence Phillips situation. TO and the program caught major heat from the national news on him allowing Phillips to play. Again there were skeletons in the closets that scared the dadgum Hell out of TO that they might be exposed. Same Sports Illustrated reporter was after him and the program and already knew what some of the BS was.TO announced retirement.
Frank was never smart enough to be a HC at this level. Frank was not really even the OC TO was and called the plays.

IMO TO was worried about his legacy and UNL being made to look bad. He wanted Frank and his entire staff kept in place because he knew they would keep their mouths shut and the skeletons locked up. Any new coach gets hired and he or his assistants could throw the previous TO staff under the bus for they were bound to learn some things that could be considered wrong doings.

Bill Byrne was very capable and wanted to hire from outside. Get the best man for the job and have a Natl search. Honestly Bill knew Frank was not smart enough for the job.

TO carried a lot of weight and tried insisting. Bill never agreed but just deferred and said they would talk about it. Bill was gone out of state and TO called an impromptu press conference and announced Solich as the new coach when Byrne wasn't even in the state. His comments were he had talked to Byrne about it. LOL Yes they had talked but never agreed. Now Bill was torn to create a big stink and controversy by denouncing the hire that was his job to do or go along with it. About 25 supporters of the program were called together to discuss it with Byrne and I was invited. Some there were very loyal to TO and anything he wanted they were fine with. Many if not most of us didn't feel Frank was capable but what to do? The Phillips deal and steroids and car deals among other things came up and we decided the prudent thing to do was roll with it and see how it turned out. We knew they would protect the program by keeping their mouths shut.
Frank had no chance-His hands were tied and he wasn't allowed to do the same things TO had done for years. The staff was old or aging and the drive was gone. It showed in the recruiting and talent evaluation. Byrne got out when it became obvious Frank wasnt the right man and TO still insisted on leaving him in there and it was going to cause a major feud to get rid of him. Bullheadedness was coming in. Byrne exited and they got Pederson in as the axe man to do what should have been done before or never allowed to happen. TO was mad and painted Pederson as an enemy of the Husker nation. I dont buy that. TO was just wrong from the start and we were digging a bigger hole.

Anyway it was no secret nationally how TO was trying to still control everything here and he undermined the hiring of any new coach as he was determined to not accept anyone Pederson hired. Thats exactly what he ended up doing with Calahan who was very capable of being successful here but TO wouldnt give him a chance from day 1. Instead he went out and hired another dummy by the name of BO for the job.
If you sat down and had a conversation with Frank-Bo and Calahan you would be shocked in a few minutes how far behind two of them were intellectually. One sounded like a professional and the other two sounded like hillbillies,
I couldnt support the TO train any longer when they let Bill go and hired Bo.

TO was always very controlling and hard headed-Way more than most scrollers realize. It cost him a lot of games we should have won in his early years of coaching. He got better over time.
For whatever reason TO always surrounded himself with guys that couldn't challenge him or his ideas. Thats why he had no coaches getting hired away for other jobs.
Compare that to successful guys like Urban-Stoops-Bill Snyder or Saban and they do just the opposite and always have. They all have big long coaching trees. TO doesnt.

He says no. Im not so sure. I dont believe he would admit it if he was anyway so that doubt is there for me.
He comes with stuff that I am not sure a guy like Damon Benning even has access to. Very rarely does he go into details but his original post about that fight said hopefully it has no long term ramifications. I immediately knew it had to be a black/white issue from that with some bad words exchanged because fights always happen down there and never a danger of long term ramifications.
The world has gotten to a strange place when freshmen that are slacking feel they can mouth of to a Sr and call him a racist whatever. Frost wants Sr leadership and holding guys accountable then this BS results. Frost is going to be challenged this year with stuff like this for sure.

You could be right. Wouldn't surprise me if he is Crouch's brother in law or something where he might learn some things from..
Some on here are old pros and when they made their user names for these accounts they aren't their first or only account and they were aware that would be part of all their posts.

Myself I didn't realize that and used an e mail address prefix. Many use their name like I assume you may have. For that reason it wouldn't surprise me as anyone connected and not merely a fan wouldn't pilfer another players name probably. I feel he has a connection just not sure what it is.

You need to go back into the thread and read the posts by Curious Geovanney and Bfarmer . Farmer is Tanners' dad-Curious is an ex player whose son played. Neither go into detail or bitch as much as I do but Farmer says a lot in a short rant. Both let their guard down and reveal it was Bounds playing AD and coach that made all the decisions in 2017. FWIW Bounds was with TO on a trip to visit Frost in nov/Dec 2016. TO being there was well chronicled. Bounds was not made public and may have wanted to be or press may have not realized who he was,

When they came home Banker was fired in days and Diaco with his similar 3/4 def was hired on a one year up front contract-hmmmm
Get the players accustomed to it a year early? Easy way to tank ? They didn't want a 9-10 win season again to bring Frost into. That would make the transition tough with fans and players.
Basically Frost and NU came to agreements with nothing in writing to hire him then.
Devaney was always working for Bounds-was eyes in the coaches office and what he said went as he discussed it with Bounds and he relayed the orders.. Not a coincidence he was the only one left when Frost got here in Jan 2018,

If you really want to do research in 2016 CG called this at the time. North stadium was making all the coaching decisions late in the year already, His short cryptic style didnt get much attention but I knew there was something to it and made some calls. Dirty politics and the one everyone thinks is a saint is one of the dirtiest at them all. TO

A word to the wise.
Learn who the guys that have any true wisdom are on here and read every post you can find of theirs. When guys hint but dont really come out and say things are often the guys that know but dont want thrown under the bus for saying it.
CG stating cryptically what was going on in 2016 led me to making phone calls and verifying it.

There are a whole lot of pretenders on the site that know absolutely nothing and many seem to think they do. The entire sunshine pumping crew. You find no one with ties to the program that is in that group.
Cornicator has opinions-some good and some terrible-that he tries to pass as inside info to back them up but he never attended UNL and is not tied in. Notice he never argues with me anymore but we often disagree. He follows what is popular and is a "Like" chaser.
He is a sheep to anything that Frost said at first. Bragged on Cam and Martinez for two years.Not so much this year. Hates PFF as it exposes both of those for being terrible.

True Colors is the worst. Another sheep that follows whatever Frost says which we have learned is a whole lot of coach speak without many facts. Another who called Cam "elite" Never played football and never attended UNL He is a Pickle Smoochers fan bartender in Omaha. What he posts he picks up at the bar. He got into my social media -twitter and facebook-thinking he was going to expose me for something. Instead he now dodges me like the plague as he found the opposite of what he thought he would.

CG=Tom Banderas Played TE in 1984-87 for TO
Son Josh played under Bo
Son Anthony was a RS in 2018 for Frost He left Aug of 2019 -May have been a walk on but got these
Honors & Awards
» Nebraska Scholar-Athlete Honor Roll (Fall 2018)
» Brook Berringer Citizenship Team (2019)
» Tom Osborne Citizenship Team (2019)

Farmer is ITT we discussed. Posted this
@blfarmer73

Riley was a mere puppet. The administration, down through anyone who had a say as to what was going on with personnel on the field, were and are rotten to the core. Riley was the best yes man to cash a check. He wasn't the one pulling the strings though! Anyone that thinks so, is just misinformed IMO. GBR

Have a good New Year

Good lord it will take me weeks to debunk all of these things in this thread. So many obvious contradictions. The funniest things are that he respects about 4-5 different posters and says their info is legit and discredits what I say. The problem there is that I know those 4-5 posters personally and they all get their info from the exact same person I do.

JerseyHusker is a good guy and I’ve messaged with him a lot. But he’s not a former player. He’s never even been to the state of Nebraska. He became a Husker fan when we started recruiting Jersey very hard in the 80s.

The Riley to Frost transition story he made up here is an old RKay1 lie.

Good lord it will take me weeks to debunk all of these things in this thread. So many obvious contradictions. The funniest things are that he respects about 4-5 different posters and says their info is legit and discredits what I say. The problem there is that I know those 4-5 posters personally and they all get their info from the exact same person I do.

JerseyHusker is a good guy and I’ve messaged with him a lot. But he’s not a former player. He’s never even been to the state of Nebraska. He became a Husker fan when we started recruiting Jersey very hard in the 80s.

The Riley to Frost transition story he made up here is an old RKay1 lie.
Ya know that's one thing I've always wondered, and I asked the question on RSS a looooooong time ago but how many people on this board and on that board actually know each other in real life? I feel like that'd be super nuts walking into Memorial Stadium on a game day and actually knowing these posters in real life if I just walked by them or stood in line with some of them waiting for the pisser on game day, NUTS. Gotta feel like that would almost take away from some of the sharper attitudes on the board as well....I don't know

I thought the Riley to Frost thing was just too perfectly made up to be true. Doesn't make any sense for the football team to basically tank in order for Frost to come home. I can see Riley not pulling all the strings, but hard to believe they'd purposely "fix" the season in order to get Frost to come home. And I'm sure Frost was thinking about the job at some point but I'd be utterly shocked if someone said he was "offered" and "locked up" or "considering" in 2016 or 2015.

Am also looking forward to your debunking posts lol

Ya know that's one thing I've always wondered, and I asked the question on RSS a looooooong time ago but how many people on this board and on that board actually know each other in real life? I feel like that'd be super nuts walking into Memorial Stadium on a game day and actually knowing these posters in real life if I just walked by them or stood in line with some of them waiting for the pisser on game day, NUTS. Gotta feel like that would almost take away from some of the sharper attitudes on the board as well....I don't know

I thought the Riley to Frost thing was just too perfectly made up to be true. Doesn't make any sense for the football team to basically tank in order for Frost to come home. I can see Riley not pulling all the strings, but hard to believe they'd purposely "fix" the season in order to get Frost to come home. And I'm sure Frost was thinking about the job at some point but I'd be utterly shocked if someone said he was "offered" and "locked up" or "considering" in 2016 or 2015.

Am also looking forward to your debunking posts lol

There’s just so much to debunk in there that it’ll take me forever.

The most laugh out loud thing in the whole thread is that he’s basically flat out saying that Mike Riley would have had things back on track had it not been for Tom Osborne and Hank Bounds ruining everything. He appears to afford Mike Riley more of the benefit of the doubt than he’s ever given Frost.

There’s just so much to debunk in there that it’ll take me forever.

The most laugh out loud thing in the whole thread is that he’s basically flat out saying that Mike Riley would have had things back on track had it not been for Tom Osborne and Hank Bounds ruining everything. He appears to afford Mike Riley more of the benefit of the doubt than he’s ever given Frost.
Yeah. If I'm following his tea leaves, he really only supports the non Tom regime or the outsiders. Which, if we're going to go there, means at some point or another, based on everyone he says he knows and how old he is, someone close to Tom or Tom himself must have done something to royally piss him off back in the day so he's been against Tom's squad ever since then. Anytime you mention Tom or someone within the circle younger or older, he loses his mind. But has full support for Riley or Callahan.

Yeah. If I'm following his tea leaves, he really only supports the non Tom regime or the outsiders. Which, if we're going to go there, means at some point or another, based on everyone he says he knows and how old he is, someone close to Tom or Tom himself must have done something to royally piss him off back in the day so he's been against Tom's squad ever since then. Anytime you mention Tom or someone within the circle younger or older, he loses his mind. But has full support for Riley or Callahan.

The Board of Regents who are friends with Stormking were just so afraid of Mike Riley succeeding that they decided to make him fail in 2017. Because him and his band of idiots needed a lot of help to be able to do that.

The Board of Regents who are friends with Stormking were just so afraid of Mike Riley succeeding that they decided to make him fail in 2017. Because him and his band of idiots needed a lot of help to be able to do that.
Smilin Mike is the GOAT

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHH OH SHIT TRU FEELIN GOOD ON A FRIDAY! love it lol VERY intrigued on how he goes about this.

Btw… I’m not a bartender. I’ve never held that profession in my entire life. Somewhere along the lines, the Stormking Wade White got in his head that I am and hasn’t come off of it.
And I thought that was dumb cause how in the world could you get info from downtown Omaha bars about Nebraska Football anyway? Used to barhop downtown in my early 20s, not exactly a Nebraska Football fan club down there. Lots of boat shoes, tight jeans and polos.

And I thought that was dumb cause how in the world could you get info from downtown Omaha bars about Nebraska Football anyway? Used to barhop downtown in my early 20s, not exactly a Nebraska Football fan club down there. Lots of boat shoes, tight jeans and polos.

Stormy says so many things that are verifiably untrue, mixed with outlandish claims like he talks with Charlie McBride and he knows the Board of Regents and lends the program private planes, and then makes things up! Like “Everybody was just so afraid Mike Riley was going to succeed that they just had to fire him.”

Being board this afternoon drew me back to this post and I am actually very concerned for this human’s mental well-being. Something isn’t right. It’s like the kid in high school that was a grade below me that was convinced he was Shawn Michaels the wrestler.

Stormy says so many things that are verifiably untrue, mixed with outlandish claims like he talks with Charlie McBride and he knows the Board of Regents and lends the program private planes, and then makes things up! Like “Everybody was just so afraid Mike Riley was going to succeed that they just had to fire him.”

Being board this afternoon drew me back to this post and I am actually very concerned for this human’s mental well-being. Something isn’t right. It’s like the kid in high school that was a grade below me that was convinced he was Shawn Michaels the wrestler.
Stormy "identifies" as a big player off the field in Nebraska Football. I tried to "identify" back in my baseball prime that I could hit 95 from the mound as a lefty.....that identification was also false.

Stormy "identifies" as a big player off the field in Nebraska Football. I tried to "identify" back in my baseball prime that I could hit 95 from the mound as a lefty.....that identification was also false.

He claims that Bobfather and Monte Kiffen liked him. A quick google search shows he was born in Tekamah in 1955. So the last year Bob Devaney coached would have been 1971. Which places Mr White at 16 years old when Bob last coached. So even if he did walk on to the football team, it’s highly unlikely he ever crossed paths with Bob Devaney. But we’re expected to buy the idea that Bob Devaney stayed in touch with a guy who ALLEGEDLY walked on but never got on the field?

He claims that Bobfather and Monte Kiffen liked him. A quick google search shows he was born in Tekamah in 1955. So the last year Bob Devaney coached would have been 1971. Which places Mr White at 16 years old when Bob last coached. So even if he did walk on to the football team, it’s highly unlikely he ever crossed paths with Bob Devaney. But we’re expected to buy the idea that Bob Devaney stayed in touch with a guy who ALLEGEDLY walked on but never got on the field?
Assuming that age rules were much different back in that time, and the Freshman Team existed, that would put him on the Freshman Team.......ya know I'd probably have to hear it from someone pretty important to tell me that those major figures on the staff paid direct attention to a 16 year old on the Freshman Team while they were busy working with their Saturday squad.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back