Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2021 Husker Baseball Thread (Big 10 Champions)

Evan Blande says we might need to win 30+ games this year to get into the tournament. There might only be 2 Big 10 teams in the tournament this year.
I feel the Magic Number is 37 +/- 1 game for regular season games depending on how the league shapes out.

BIG as usual shot themselves in the foot being the only conference not allowing out of conference games. I believe Blade will be right that only 2 BIG teams make it, although imo, 3 or 4 teams probably would have made it this season.

This is where Nebraska is playing baseball this weekend:

Evwq4-DWEAMh3TW

I'm also stealing this info straight from Huskerboard:

Ohio State went 3-1 against Illinois this past weekend.

As a team they're hitting .267 w/ 2 homeruns and 42 strikeouts, pitching wise they have a 4.86 ERA with 39 hits given up in 37 innings pitched and 43 strikeouts, opponents hitting .261.

Cockeye is currently down the series 1-2, they finalize play today against Michigan. Cockeye is hitting .202 w/ 0 homeruns and 30 strikeouts. Pitching wise they have a 4.68 ERA with 31 strikeouts, 20 hits given up in 25 innings pitched, opponents hitting .220

Nebraska is currently hitting .302 w/ 5 homers and 46 strikeouts. Pitching wise we have a 1.99 ERA with 35 strikeouts, 29 hits given up in 31.2 innings and opponents hitting .254

I feel the Magic Number is 37 +/- 1 game for regular season games depending on how the league shapes out.

BIG as usual shot themselves in the foot being the only conference not allowing out of conference games. I believe Blade will be right that only 2 BIG teams make it, although imo, 3 or 4 teams probably would have made it this season.

While people are saying that now, the selection committee will take it into consideration, just like they did in football. They won’t penalize the kids for the mistakes made of adults.

While people are saying that now, the selection committee will take it into consideration, just like they did in football. They won’t penalize the kids for the mistakes made of adults.
I wouldn't be so sure of that now that Jim Delaney is no longer the Big 10 commish. Historically Big 10 teams were less likely to make it into the tournament until Delaney said enough is enough. The big dawg is gone now.

IMO it was more an tOSU thing in football with everyone knowing they were clearly one of the top 4 talented teams (atleast that's who I believe you're referencing).

When it comes to close records I just see the 56 full game schedule teams getting the nod over say a 3rd place BIG team with say a 35-9 record.

JMO again but say there is a 9th place SEC team that's 35-21 with wins over Vandy and Arkansas, I'm gonna give the nod to that team. I mean right now there are 8 SEC teams in the top 25. There are also quite a few strong West Coast schools this year compared to the down year two years ago.

Husker baseball in less than an hour

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back