Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

“Second Step” program in schools (1 Viewer)

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG
I consider bullying to be morally breaking down other kids. A good beat down for acting like an idiot is just a good ole beatdown that builds good character and helps keep people on the straight & narrow.

"don't hate the sinner, but if they're a fag, beat their ass so they may find the path to holiness" - Jesus

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG
Hypocrisy is off the fucking charts in the Christianity/Libtard battle.

Weird illogical arguments are weird and illogical.

FWIW, I'm as libertarian as they come, in the sense that I (heaven forbid) have formulated a belief system with not one fuck's regard to allegiance to a political party or religious indoctrination. I long ago gave up the notion that there is any reasonable expectation of sensible, independent thought from the masses, but I sure get a kick out of commenting on the mental gymnastics it takes to defend some of the hills people are willing to die on.

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG
This thread delivers. We've got a Christianity/Libtard battle and somehow a completely random conversation about vegan food sprinkled in.

Fucking amazing. This is the offseason content that tPB delivers, smashmouth style.

Woodrow F Call

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Weird illogical arguments are weird and illogical.

FWIW, I'm as libertarian as they come, in the sense that I (heaven forbid) have formulated a belief system with not one fuck's regard to allegiance to a political party or religious indoctrination. I long ago gave up the notion that there is any reasonable expectation of sensible independent thought from the masses, but I sure get a kick out of commenting on the mental gymnastics it takes to defend some of the hills people are willing to die on.

You said it perfectly

wildcat_husker

Cornerback
Elite Member

This thread is just another example that shows that Christians are the only group that can be legally discriminated against in the USA. Buck posts a pretty poor explanation of what "second step" is, only to be refuted by a number of people that know what "second step" actually is. Then, a whole bunch of posters pile on in their ridicule of Buck's misunderstanding of the program. Can't he just have his antiquated and misguided beliefs without being ganged up on by a bunch of more open-minded posters?

Un-spoiler:

I grew up in small town Nebraska, and there were a few "weird" kids within a few grades older or younger than me. I also met some people in college that were weird. Many of the "weirds" have come out as gay in the 24 years since I graduated from high school. There was nobody "grooming" them, they just were who they are, which was weird back then. I don't know any trans people though.

PS: Obama turned all of our frogs gay with chemicals, shit on every carpet or rug in Russia, and also personally unscrewed all of the lightbulbs in rural America and all of Russia. Just in case you didn't know those things already.
People are going after the OP because he’s kind of just a dick. That’s it.

betsch

Safety
Just make sure you get all the facts before you go totally crazy. I'm on the school board in our town and we've had it MANY times where someone will come in and make a HUGE scene about shit (critical race theory etc) and they come to find out none of it was true. If they would have taken 2 minutes to speak to the principal or super intendent, they would have found out their answers and saved themselves some embarrassment. Now I'm not saying you are wrong, but make sure you have all the details first to save some time and worry.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
People are going after the OP because he’s kind of just a dick. That’s it.
I am just an old school kinda dick. No ill will here to these mentally ill guys being keyboard warriors for their gay kids or those that get swirlies from other guys daughters. I understand their want to fight. It’s all good boy,girls, nut tuckers…whatever y’all are. Peace and love

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Just make sure you get all the facts before you go totally crazy. I'm on the school board in our town and we've had it MANY times where someone will come in and make a HUGE scene about shit (critical race theory etc) and they come to find out none of it was true. If they would have taken 2 minutes to speak to the principal or super intendent, they would have found out their answers and saved themselves some embarrassment. Now I'm not saying you are wrong, but make sure you have all the details first to save some time and worry.
I honestly did not personally research all of the details as I do not have a child in that school yet. A close friend of mine did research it and still found faults in what they’re teaching. And found a lot that had been recently pulled out which was worse. I’m sorry but anything with emotional regulation and dealing with this or that, etc is for me at home, not for the school to teach. Teach my kids, math, English, SS, science, PE, etc and just kindness in general during it all and that’s as far as they need to go.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
Not that I agree with everything OP has been saying, but for you guys saying that he’s completely wrong about what the program is teaching, isn’t it possible that their particular school/teacher/principal might have altered it some to push
🏳️‍🌈TheMESSAGE🏳️‍🌈 ?

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Not that I agree with everything OP has been saying, but for you guys saying that he’s completely wrong about what the program is teaching, isn’t it possible that their particular school/teacher/principal might have altered it some to push
🏳️‍🌈TheMESSAGE🏳️‍🌈 ?
Precisely

Red Dog

Cornerback
Elite Member
There's 2 guys on RSS that think the country can operate without any government at all. Zero taxes. Eberything is private. So no I don't think you're as libertarian as they come.
I love pointing people to the libertarian utopia in the northeast that decided DNR was wasteful government spending and got overrun by bears

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG
That would be anarchy something LiBeRtArIaNs often confuse with libertarianism

This is an important distinction. I'm libertarian as they come in the liberally broad sense that applied to my post (relative to how I see the masses develop their own views).

Minimal government involvement in the lives of individuals and no government whatsoever are not the same.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds