Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

“Celebration Restaurant” growing up (1 Viewer)

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Spoiled rich kid. Those are like 4 stars as an adult.
Give It To Me Want GIF

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I remember I got food poisoning as a kid from eating at the Bonanza in Kearney. Good to see I outlived them...

I worked at the one in Lincoln at 27th and Cornhusker all through High School... Learned more about the psyche of Fats then I ever wanted to...

People would laminate the coupons that came in the Sunday paper so they could use them over and over again. The best was when they did the all you can eat shrimp. We had one dude that must have been close to 400 pounds that would hunker down at a table in the corner all day, alternating between shoving pounds of shrimp in his mouth and napping. Guy would literally stay there for 6+ hours and the Managers would never throw him out. When he left, it looked like a massacre at the table. Felt bad for the bus boys that had to clean the table.

One positive was high school state tournaments. We always ran a special that if a team came in, the bus driver ate for free. When girls state was going on, they'd always be in there. Slayed quite a bit of small town pussy thanks to that...

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Fuddruckers was right up there too. Stack your plate high with free burger toppings while watching complimentary cable TV, playing a few arcade games, or going over to the standalone dessert area to order a milkshake & have them announce your name to the entire jealous restaurant that it was ready.

We were kings.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds