Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Your ideal Nebrasketball starting 5 next year

He's basically better in every category from last year except that one. Tough to figure out his place after Andre gets another full off-season in Lincoln and Walker is back. Though maybe Yvan staying with the team this summer will pay dividends
I feel fairly confident that a former NBA shooting coach could work with his form in the offseason. Shooting skills are built in the offseason and then kept sharp during the season or at least that's my experience with high school kids.

I feel fairly confident that a former NBA shooting coach could work with his form in the offseason. Shooting skills are built in the offseason and then kept sharp during the season or at least that's my experience with high school kids.
That's basically my rationale with Banton shooting 3s. Getting a guy comfortable taking them in games can be a bigger step than teaching him to make them

Transfer PG
T. McGowans
B. McGowans
Lat
Walker.

If Teddy is here, sub him for Trey. Not sure what to think of Banton anymore. Just too poor of a shooter to not be a liability on offense.

I could honestly see Andre making a big jump and being the starter over Walker. He has unbelievable upside and instincts...kind of the opposite of Yvan.

That's basically my rationale with Banton shooting 3s. Getting a guy comfortable taking them in games can be a bigger step than teaching him to make them
Hoiberg talks about this all the time in his shooting drill dvds. I think I have 3-4 of them which is why I’m more confident he will get things turned around compared to a guy like Miles.

Last edited:
Hoiberg take about this all the time in his shooting drill dvds. I think I have 3-4 of them which is why I’m more confident he will get things turned around can a guy like Miles.
Agreed. I'm still pretty confident because they're getting a lot of the stuff they want on offense and just not making it. The recruiting classing coming in seems like it addresses the big issues of shooting and having guys who can create for themselves (assuming Kesei hasn't regressed bigly).

Then there is whatever they can add from the portal

Hoiberg take about this all the time in his shooting drill dvds. I think I have 3-4 of them which is why I’m more confident he will get things turned around can a guy like Miles.

As long as Matty A. is here, we will recruit at a high level. It's taken them an extra year to find the right parts that fit into their system, but I have no doubt that they will.

Transfer PG
T. McGowans
B. McGowans
Lat
Walker.

If Teddy is here, sub him for Trey. Not sure what to think of Banton anymore. Just too poor of a shooter to not be a liability on offense.

I could honestly see Andre making a big jump and being the starter over Walker. He has unbelievable upside and instincts...kind of the opposite of Yvan.
I'm pretty torn in Teddy because he scores a lot, but I can't figure out how he does it or what he does particularly well

I'm pretty torn in Teddy because he scores a lot, but I can't figure out how he does it or what he does particularly well
He’s good at throwing shit at the wall and sometimes it sticks. He would be more of a liability if we had other guys who could score consistently but since we don’t we kind of inflate his offensive prowess.

Last edited:
He’s good at throwing shit at the wall and sometimes it sticks. He’s be more of a liability if we had other guys who could score consistently but since we don’t we kind of inflate his offensive prowess.
Definitely. I think about the Illinois end of game scenario and what each guy we play would do if they got called to take the last shot and it seems suboptimal when 3 guys yeet bad 3s, Teddy tries to play bully ball and probably turns it over, and Walker throws up some junk at the rim.

Definitely. I think about the Illinois end of game scenario and what each guy we play would do if they got called to take the last shot and it seems suboptimal when 3 guys yeet bad 3s, Teddy tries to play bully ball and probably turns it over, and Walker throws up some junk at the rim.
The selfishness of Teddy in that play was something else. He set a half ass screen and then popped expecting the ball back when he was supposed to flare to the corner for Trey to execute a drive and kick.

He’s good at throwing shit at the wall and sometimes it sticks. He would be more of a liability if we had other guys who could score consistently but since we don’t we kind of inflate his offensive prowess.

Fred's offense is all about spacing and ball movement. When the ball goes to Teddy, it stops moving. He's just an odd fit. He's got a great game for the church league or the local Y, but not so much for the BIG.

Fred's offense is all about spacing and ball movement. When the ball goes to Teddy, it stops moving. He's just an odd fit. He's got a great game for the church league or the local Y, but not so much for the BIG.
He would be good at a mid major that needs him to score points or a Tim Miles team.

Last edited:
We need to go get a legit starting big from the portal. Probably a starting level PG to imo. I’d be really surprised if they aren’t already feeling out how to get a big dude.
Jmo pg is the bigger problem, but not only. Need to have a big man that can run.

I think I would continue to try and find shooters before a big jmo

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back