Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Year One Optimism? (1 Viewer)

G0skrz

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Just thinking with all the recent changes since Rhule was named (players entreating the portal, coaches being named, recruits uncommitting); how has your year one optimism changed? A lot of “sure things” have unexpectedly changed over the last week.

G0skrz

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Expound upon this, por favor.

Few examples I think of are:
*Coleman uncommitting
*Mickey for sure not being involved next year
*Raiola possibly staying on
*Ernie going into the portal
*Uncertainty of DC and the short list of our “wish list” getting shorter

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Few examples I think of are:
*Coleman uncommitting
*Mickey for sure not being involved next year
*Raiola possibly staying on
*Ernie going into the portal
*Uncertainty of DC and the short list of our “wish list” getting shorter
Those are all “sure things that have changed?”
Coleman has potential but is a raw, unfinished project. Not a sure fire prospect.
Mickey - not sure he should’ve stayed on staff regardless of his legal status. Far from a sure thing.
Raiola is not staying on.
Ernie has potential, showed flashes. Not a sure thing.
Rhule will hire a solid DC. Not concerned.

Mood4NU

Linebacker
Elite Member
Just thinking with all the recent changes since Rhule was named (players entreating the portal, coaches being named, recruits uncommitting); how has your year one optimism changed? A lot of “sure things” have unexpectedly changed over the last week.
If Casey, grant, Washington stay & most of the line I feel like we’ll do ok but 6 wins would still be a good season . There just isn’t a ton of extra bodies up & down the roster . We have some guys but the depth is razor thin

G0skrz

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Those are all “sure things that have changed?”
Coleman has potential but is a raw, unfinished project. Not a sure fire prospect.
Mickey - not sure he should’ve stayed on staff regardless of his legal status. Far from a sure thing.
Raiola is not staying on.
Ernie has potential, showed flashes. Not a sure thing.
Rhule will hire a solid DC. Not concerned.
Ok. Then what about hires being made so far? Gotcha feeling better or worse?

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Zero year 1 optimism for me. I'm guessing 2-3 wins. Crootin class will be absolutely shitty. Don't foresee us landing any impact transfers. Sellout streak likely ends.

Year two or three we should turn the corner though - as long as Turd can keep those TC cocksuckers at bay.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
ucf football national champs GIF by UCF Knights

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I'm optimistic for the following reasons.

#1. We don't have a mediocre slap dick HC anymore.
#2. We don't have an arrogant slap dick at HC anymore that came in talking shit about how bad off a place Nebraska is and how he's going to fix it with his merry men of slap dicks.
#3. We don't have a grampy pants .500 coach way past his prime leading as the HC anymore.
#4. We don't have a grampy pants, bike riding, ice cream eating HC anymore that tried to bring in a horde of Cali recruits that were more concerned about social media presence than play football.

Okay, now to the serious part. We have a HC with a record of turning around a program in a relative quick manner, a HC that adjusts scheme to fit players. But most importantly, a HC that has a had a history of developing players, but also, developing coaches.

That's why I'm optimistic. But as far as a win number...I have no idea. What I do expect. Is to see a team that is playing its best football toward the end of the year and building momentum toward the next.

The #1 thing with me is development. We've developed very, very few players over the last two coaches. Not many at all since Bo. We've hit on so few 4 stars, that it's defying the odds of success rates in finding recruits. The same goes for 3 star guys. And I feel like Rhule and Co. will be very good developers of talent.

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I'm optimistic for the following reasons.

#1. We don't have a mediocre slap dick HC anymore.
#2. We don't have an arrogant slap dick at HC anymore that came in talking shit about how bad off a place Nebraska is and how he's going to fix it with his merry men of slap dicks.
#3. We don't have a grampy pants .500 coach way past his prime leading as the HC anymore.
#4. We don't have a grampy pants, bike riding, ice cream eating HC anymore that tried to bring in a horde of Cali recruits that were more concerned about social media presence than play football.

Okay, now to the serious part. We have a HC with a record of turning around a program in a relative quick manner, a HC that adjusts scheme to fit players. But most importantly, a HC that has a had a history of developing players, but also, developing coaches.

That's why I'm optimistic. But as far as a win number...I have no idea. What I do expect. Is to see a team that is playing its best football toward the end of the year and building momentum toward the next.

The #1 thing with me is development. We've developed very, very few players over the last two coaches. Not many at all since Bo. We've hit on so few 4 stars, that it's defying the odds of success rates in finding recruits. The same goes for 3 star guys. And I feel like Rhule and Co. will be very good developers of talent.
Not only developers of talent but able to spot those diamonds in the rough. Rhule has a consistent history with that.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds