Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Year One Optimism? (1 Viewer)

G0skrz

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Not only developers of talent but able to spot those diamonds in the rough. Rhule has a consistent history with that.
His history of developing not only players but coaches is going to be super cool to watch IMO. Looking forward to the coaches that people say “who?” to, turn into great coaches.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I mean, it's been 6 days so....

I'm more optimistic because the next 6 days could include positive news that we'd have never seen coming.

Old people should be aware of these ups and downs OP.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm more of a long run optimist on Rhule. I still mostly expect us to go bowling next year because our three nonconference opponents went like 6-78 this season and we play in the Big Mac West. But whether next year is fine or a disaster isn't really going to change that I think Rhule will ay worst get this moving toward being a reasonably solid program even if he never reaches the lofty heights that someone with his contract should reach

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Those are all “sure things that have changed?”
Coleman has potential but is a raw, unfinished project. Not a sure fire prospect.
Mickey - not sure he should’ve stayed on staff regardless of his legal status. Far from a sure thing.
Raiola is not staying on.
Ernie has potential, showed flashes. Not a sure thing.
Rhule will hire a solid DC. Not concerned.
I'm not sure I recognize optimistic Lee.

Agree with all of that though. I also think Coleman will end up N again too.

mcgradynu

Linebacker
Elite Member
tPB OG
Ask me after the dust settles in the portal before we talk about this.

The team the last 6 years has had absolutely zero excuses to not win 6 games and go bowling. Winning six is not an achievement and bad teams win just 6.
We’ve been so inept administratively that people legitimately have lost site of the fact that going bowling isn’t some enormous mountain to climb. It’s really sad. Even with our talent depth being as slim as it has been, there is no excuse for the bowl drought other than coaching, development and administration woes.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
We’ve been so inept administratively that people legitimately have lost site of the fact that going bowling isn’t some enormous mountain to climb. It’s really sad. Even with our talent depth being as slim as it has been, there is no excuse for the bowl drought other than coaching, development and administration woes.

You have to go 3 plus 3. Meaning win your 3 shitty out of conference games and 3 conference games. That means you lose 6 big ten games.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Old people should be aware of these ups and downs OP.
Old people? Why you ...

tenor.gif

Jay Bilzerian

Safety
Elite Member
For me the floor next year is bowl eligibility. How much optimism I have above that will depend on how the coaching staff rounds out and what we’re able to do in recruiting and the transfer portal.

Hell, MJ and BB would’ve had us bowling had they been in charge all of this year. Getting our two best linemen back will help a lot too.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
For me the floor next year is bowl eligibility. How much optimism I have above that will depend on how the coaching staff rounds out and what we’re able to do in recruiting and the transfer portal.

Hell, MJ and BB would’ve had us bowling had they been in charge all of this year. Getting our two best linemen back will help a lot too.
I think just BB taking over for Chins would have got us bowl eligible.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds