Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Yant rumor (1 Viewer)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Tough discussion. What do you do in Year 2 when the fans want success and your star players are getting in trouble but you don't have enough depth with other star players so there's a drop off if you bench those guys, leading to not winning? Knowing what we know now it obviously wouldn't have mattered, but what do you do? I'm in in the camp of full accountability and discipline regardless of who you are, but when your livelihood depends on it, I can see where the decision gets difficult I guess.
That is the tough position coaches get put in. Hoiberg has had similar and handled it differently. Teddy Allen got suspended and later transferred, and I believe that might have been at the recommendation of the coach. Verge didn't start a game for disciplinary reasons.

One of the biggest lessons I learned coaching Lacrosse was you had to treat everyone the same as to not create division on the team. We benched one of our Star Players because he got an attitude like he didn't need to listen to us or play within the system. Dropped his ass on the bench for a while and amazing how he learned to play within the parameters of our game plan. He was an amazing athlete who got by on superior Athletic Ability but had some bad habits that really hindered his play, especially when we were playing against well coached teams. He knew every time he went rogue and didn't run the play correctly he was hitting the pines. The rest of the team saw this thus knew if you didn't run the play correctly you weren't going to stay on the field no matter how good you were. Was like breaking a Stallion but we did it.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Must not be too bad looks like he traveled to Wisconsin.
10730974.png

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
That is the tough position coaches get put in. Hoiberg has had similar and handled it differently. Teddy Allen got suspended and later transferred, and I believe that might have been at the recommendation of the coach. Verge didn't start a game for disciplinary reasons.

One of the biggest lessons I learned coaching Lacrosse was you had to treat everyone the same as to not create division on the team. We benched one of our Star Players because he got an attitude like he didn't need to listen to us or play within the system. Dropped his ass on the bench for a while and amazing how he learned to play within the parameters of our game plan. He was an amazing athlete who got by on superior Athletic Ability but had some bad habits that really hindered his play, especially when we were playing against well coached teams. He knew every time he went rogue and didn't run the play correctly he was hitting the pines. The rest of the team saw this thus knew if you didn't run the play correctly you weren't going to stay on the field no matter how good you were. Was like breaking a Stallion but we did it.
Yeah that’s the camp in. I can understand why you’d do the things you do with certain players to keep them on the field, but at the end of the day if you’re gonna talk the talk then walk the walk

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Guys, this is all an elaborate smoke screen to make Wisconsin think he won’t be playing.
I like it. We gonna give Yant and Stepp the ball 50 times tomorrow

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I like it. We gonna give Yant and Stepp the ball 50 times tomorrow
If you believe that I have some Beach Front Property in Yutan to Sell you as I have it on good intel that this is the game Scott breaks out the Secret Weapon Walk-On Fullback from Homer, NE.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
If you believe that I have some Beach Front Property in Yutan to Sell you as I have it on good intel that this is the game Scott breaks out the Secret Weapon Walk-On Fullback from Homer, NE.
Must be close to my parents house. Redneck beach property on the Platte.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds