Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New Commit Wynn is N (1 Viewer)

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
So Basically.....

Transfers
Kevin Williams Jr. - Probable starter
Hunter Anthony - 2 deep
Omar Brown - 2 deep
Tommi Hill - Starter and stud
Isaiah Garcia-Castaneda - Rotational player
Trey Palmer - Top 2 WR and stud
Chubba Purdy - Probably QB2
Casey Thompson - Starter
Brian Buschini - Starter

Timmy Bleekrode - Starter
Ochaun Mathis - Starter and NFL Edge player
Devin Drew - Solid player. Should be a starter or first on the field.
Kaine Williams - No clue.
Stephon Wynn Jr. - Should be a rotational player

Jucos
DeShon Singleton - Probably a starter
Javier Morton - 2 deep
Anthony Grant - Group 1 RB

The red guys are all guys who I have been told are "dudes."
Told they were dudes by themselves personally or by people assuming? Because unless they saw which bathroom they used it’s kinda bullshit to assume just because someone is on a D1 football team that they have a dick and identify as a dude.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

He already visited Washington State, Oregon State, now Arkansas. He said he plans to visit Missouri and Nebraska too. I thought Auburn would be in there somewhere too a friend of his also from Chicago that played Juco with him plays there now.

VIP

Last edited:

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member

He already visited Washington State, Oregon State, now Arkansas. He said he plans to visit Missouri and Nebraska too. I thought Auburn would be in there somewhere too a friend of his also from Chicago that played Juco with him plays there now.

VIP

Gotta think that we don't have a spot for him now. We slow played him a bit waiting on Wynn. If we were taking both we wouldn't have needed to do that. My guess is he goes to Arkansas. I could be wrong. I didn't think we would get Wynn but here we are.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Gotta think that we don't have a spot for him now. We slow played him a bit waiting on Wynn. If we were taking both we wouldn't have needed to do that. My guess is he goes to Arkansas. I could be wrong. I didn't think we would get Wynn but here we are.
Nebraska is a pretty elite program. We generally wynn the battle for the guys we want.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Didn't realize he was a 4 year Saban guy until a few minutes ago. I take back what I said about the garbage time. If he's consistent like that for 4 years then I don't have an issue with him. Welcome to Lincoln

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Didn't realize he was a 4 year Saban guy until a few minutes ago. I take back what I said about the garbage time. If he's consistent like that for 4 years then I don't have an issue with him. Welcome to Lincoln
I love that Wynn was in Saban's program for 4 years because he should be well coached plus not afraid to work. Could be a good roll model for other young players to follow. I think another poster mentioned over those 4 years that he only had 9 total tackles. That's not much in the way of production. But the final question we have to ask ourselves is "Is he better than what we currently have?". I think he is, so if nothing else gives us some Veteran Depth to our D Line.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I love that Wynn was in Saban's program for 4 years because he should be well coached plus not afraid to work. Could be a good roll model for other young players to follow. I think another poster mentioned over those 4 years that he only had 9 total tackles. That's not much in the way of production. But the final question we have to ask ourselves is "Is he better than what we currently have?". I think he is, so if nothing else gives us some Veteran Depth to our D Line.
The question is ......is he better than Jordan Riley who he is replacing? It cant be that hard for him to be better than JR so this is ultimately an upgrade. I think Nebraska came out on the better end.

Wynn replaces Riley
Drew replaces Rogers
Mathis replaces Payne

Probably more durable and more productive across the board there.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
The question is ......is he better than Jordan Riley who he is replacing? It cant be that hard for him to be better than JR so this is ultimately an upgrade. I think Nebraska came out on the better end.

Wynn replaces Riley
Drew replaces Rogers
Mathis replaces Payne

Probably more durable and more productive across the board there.
definitely feel Wynn & Mathis are upgrades. I really liked Rogers so hated to lose him. He did have a history of injuries so that is a Check Mark against him. All the talent in the world isn't any good if it is always hurt on the sidelines.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
His worth to me is game day SEC experience, and obviously CFP experience, just being there and seeing what that takes daily. Plus, just being around and living up to Saban's daily standards should set him apart immediately.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I agree here. If he was a 1 or 2 year churn I would have some questions about talent/intangibles. I would think if the kid wasn't a good part of the culture or talented Saban would've churned him out awhile ago.

Leads me to think he is talented just not talented enough to play over 1st rounders. Searching for an opportunity to get some reps before he is out of eligibility.

Just a guess on my part.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I liked Damion Daniels. His game against Cockeyes in 2020 was impressive as hell. But do we think that he would've gotten more snaps than Wynn at Bama? I don't.
I don't know if he could have made it 4 years in Bama's program. His inability to get in shape early in his career probably would have gotten him processed fairly quickly.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds