Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Wonder who enters the portal when it opens Saturday? (2 Viewers)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
If you know you are transferring, there isn't much point in participating in the final scrimmage or the spring game. Better to get out there in the first wave and try to draw interest from new teams.

There is a crew of "usual suspects" who we are continuing to hear very little about this spring.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Here's who I would pretty much expect

Noa Pola Gates
Chubba Purdy
Javier Morton
Tamon Lynum
Mikai Gbayor
Ajay Allen
Shawn Hardy
I Dont Know GIF by One Chicago

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Noa Pola Gates
Chubba Purdy
Javier Morton
Tamon Lynum
Mikai Gbayor
Ajay Allen
Shawn Hardy
Purdy would lose a year of eligibility unless Rhule takes him off the roster first. But that's doable.

You seem to be suggesting largely guys who are unlikely to play a major role here but may have some portal marketability. That makes sense; if you think you're definitely dropping down if you leave, or you are coming off injury, there is likely more incentive to wait and see how the numbers play out.

Those latter kind of guys might include Androff, Malcom, Kpai, Smothers, Buckley, Tagaloa (the latter two because there are noises some frosh will get PT).

Your bold choice is Allen, because there have been good words about some things he's done in practice, but it feels he is looking at more of a situational role than heavy PT.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
If you know you are transferring, there isn't much point in participating in the final scrimmage or the spring game. Better to get out there in the first wave and try to draw interest from new teams.

There is a crew of "usual suspects" who we are continuing to hear very little about this spring.
Don't think there's any value of putting something on film in the spring game?

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I personally wouldn't risk playing in a glorified full speed practice and risk a bad injury. I doubt coaches at other schools really care what a player does during a spring game tbh.
Yeah I suppose, but if you haven't gotten on the field much (or at all) in your career, you need all the good tape you can get to get other coaches interested. A lot of these kids that are going to enter the portal aren't going to other power 5 schools, they are just going to try and find a place that will get them on the field, whether that's group of 5, FCS or maybe even D2. So some decent tape probably would help.

I'm sure Nebraska will also provide practice tape as well.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member

Noa Pola Gates
Chubba Purdy
Javier Morton
Tamon Lynum
Mikai Gbayor
Ajay Allen
Shawn Hardy
Losing Ajay would sting, but it kind of feels like he's got a foot out the door already. Gbayor kind of surprises me since I thought he was running with the 2nd team. Any particular reason you've got him on there?

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Losing Ajay would sting, but it kind of feels like he's got a foot out the door already. Gbayor kind of surprises me since I thought he was running with the 2nd team. Any particular reason you've got him on there?
Agree on Allen from what we have seen anyway half assing drills and he seems to be injured again wearing one of the piss yellow jerseys in the practice photos from last week.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I wouldn't be surprised if Chubba was gone too haven't seen him in any of the recent photos or videos. I'm sure he would have to get a waiver though since he has already transferred once it may be easier for him since the coaches that recruited him were fired I guess.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I wouldn't be surprised if Chubba was gone too haven't seen him in any of the recent photos or videos. I'm sure he would have to get a waiver though since he has already transferred once it may be easier for him since the coaches that recruited him were fired I guess.
I think Rhule can just take him off the roster, which will allow him to transfer without a waiver.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I've been mentioned by the coaches the same amount of times as NP Gates. Time to move on from another Frost recruiting bust.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
I personally wouldn't risk playing in a glorified full speed practice and risk a bad injury. I doubt coaches at other schools really care what a player does during a spring game tbh.

You're incorrect with this. Since most portal guys have very little to no game film, they use practice film. A spring game with live scrimmage is huge for those who have little film to work with.

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
You're incorrect with this. Since most portal guys have very little to no game film, they use practice film. A spring game with live scrimmage is huge for those who have little film to work with.
If I remember correctly, a lot of the film we got on Chief Borders was UF practice and scrimmage film.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider

Noa Pola Gates
Chubba Purdy
Javier Morton
Tamon Lynum
Mikai Gbayor
Ajay Allen
Shawn Hardy

Good start to a list. NPG is at the top of the list running with 3s and 4s at safety.

Gbayor is my boy, I talk with him the most out of any of the players at practice since I'm standing right by him every play he's in. He loves it at Nebraska and loves Rhule. He looks like he put on some good weight and is moving faster than last fall. With him running with the 2s, I don't think he's one I'd consider, hover, anything is possible in college football. I would have said the same thing about Ernest last year too though.

Tezzer

Fullback
Elite Member
Regardless of who leaves, you can almost guarantee the collective meltdown by Husker fans over the number of players who will choose/have to leave the program after spring. Ajay would suck to lose, but it feels like it's headed that way.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Can someone tell me what else I missed on Ajay, outside of the one clip that he appeared to run a drill wrong and stormed off, but then was seen in that same clip running the drill later? Is it the lack of the coaching staff bringing his name up in the running back room?

Thanks.

Tezzer

Fullback
Elite Member
Can someone tell me what else I missed on Ajay, outside of the one clip that he appeared to run a drill wrong and stormed off, but then was seen in that same clip running the drill later? Is it the lack of the coaching staff bringing his name up in the running back room?

Thanks.
The only positive words he seems to get are "he's talented", I don't think he'll stick around if he's not starting, jmo.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds