Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Will this be Erik Chinander's last season as DC at NU?

Will this be Erik Chinander's Last season as DC at NU?

• 1. Yes

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 2. No

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • 3. No, but I wish it was Yes.

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • 4. Pound sand! Dean would never allow a poll like this on RSS.

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I am not a huge fan of Chin. He seems to have a lot of apologists on RSS. I'd like to know what the "real" fans think...

2019 defense > 2018 defense > 2017 defense

Defense still needs to improve - particularly against the run - but it only needs to be top 30ish. In fact I think based on the style of offense we run, I don’t think it can go much higher than top 30ish. He’s been closer to holding up his end of the deal on defense than Frost has on offense, so if you don’t want to fire Frost for the offense, you shouldn’t want to fire Chins for the defense (IMO).

Last edited:

Defense still needs to improve - particularly against the run - but it only needs to be top 30ish. In fact I think based on the style of offense we run, I don’t think it can go much higher than top 30ish. He’s been closer to holding up his end of the deal on defense than Frost has on offense, so if you don’t want to fire Frost for the offense, you shouldn’t want to fire China for the defense (IMO).
I'm fine adjusting everything by number of possessions faced and other metrics that will better account for performance than totals.

I don't really know how to judge him quite yet. Statistically we've improved a little bit, and I know it's ridiculous to just say "THE OFFENSE DETERMINES THE DEFENSE IN FROST'S SYSTEM" but... it does make a big difference if the offense is doing its job. So we'll see, I'm not totally sold on him but I'm not ready to kick him to the curb yet. And the way this season seems to be going for everyone else so far, it's going to be a wild ride of bad defense all over the country this year.

Defense still needs to improve - particularly against the run - but it only needs to be top 30ish. In fact I think based on the style of offense we run, I don’t think it can go much higher than top 30ish. He’s been closer to holding up his end of the deal on defense than Frost has on offense, so if you don’t want to fire Frost for the offense, you shouldn’t want to fire Chins for the defense (IMO).
We have never got off the field on 3rd down under Chinander either. It could be 3rd and 15, and I’m worried with his defense.

I don't really know how to judge him quite yet. Statistically we've improved a little bit, and I know it's ridiculous to just say "THE OFFENSE DETERMINES THE DEFENSE IN FROST'S SYSTEM" but... it does make a big difference if the offense is doing its job. So we'll see, I'm not totally sold on him but I'm not ready to kick him to the curb yet. And the way this season seems to be going for everyone else so far, it's going to be a wild ride of bad defense all over the country this year.
The biggest issue I have is you could get someone better than Chinander for what we are paying. We aren’t lowballing anymore. If Chinander was let go after the season, there wouldn’t be any power 5 teams looking for his services as a dc.

Chin didn't get any favors last year from the offense that was constantly putting the D in a position where they were out on the field a lot. That being said, schematically , I think we can do better than Chin's defensive philosophy ..

no way. Scott is a way more likeable Bill Callahan. He ain’t firing his homies. And no Walters wasn’t his homie. He wanted Lubick from the start and Walters didn’t even want to be here

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back