Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Who replaces Cooper at DB coach? (1 Viewer)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
The market isn't perfect so I suspect you still have DB coaches who are good in G5 and underpaid in P5. Probably not a search they can take your time with but Cooper was one of the highest paid DB coaches in America and probably in the top 5 highest non-coordinator DB coach https://footballscoop.com/news/the-...acks-coaches-in-college-football-2024-edition so they've definitely got money to work with
Bring back Donte Williams #MoneyTeam and Uncle Gorilla Wideouts -

20231216_154500.jpg

Honorable Pelini mention - Terry Joesph and Corey Raymond.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
None of our GAs or assistants are DB centric. WRs and DL. This is Williams, Sneed, Savage-Lewis, and Potenza.

McGarry was LBs and DL.
Bringuel was LBs.

I don’t think we can ask White to stay in the DB room without help (I.e. they are actually doing the coaching) from our GAs and analysts. Further, Coop was the leading candidate for DC after White gets a HC gig. This screams external to me.

I assume Busch would be a fine hire but that’s a place holder and not a strategic move. This is a position we need to knock out of the park given half the defense on any given play comes out of this room. We need to have our future DB coach on staff this year as it’ll have to recruit effectively and develop potential DC in waiting.

I also don’t see us going after someone in Tony White’s network as is likely that we’re hiring someone for White to just take to his next stop.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Nick Monroe coached with TW now at MN, Bill Busch. I could see a guy like Bobby Maffie who is young and has been with Rhule for a few stops.
Had Maffei on my short list. Another placeholder like Busch is Phil Snow. I don’t see us going that route though

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
None of our GAs or assistants are DB centric. WRs and DL. This is Williams, Sneed, Savage-Lewis, and Potenza.

McGarry was LBs and DL.
Bringuel was LBs.

I don’t think we can ask White to stay in the DB room without help (I.e. they are actually doing the coaching) from our GAs and analysts. Further, Coop was the leading candidate for DC after White gets a HC gig. This screams external to me.

I assume Busch would be a fine hire but that’s a place holder and not a strategic move. This is a position we need to knock out of the park given half the defense on any given play comes out of this room. We need to have our future DB coach on staff this year as it’ll have to recruit effectively and develop potential DC in waiting.

I also don’t see us going after someone in Tony White’s network as is likely that we’re hiring someone for White to just take to his next stop.
Isn’t Dvoacek the DC in waiting?

Huskerz28

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Marvin keeps getting older but high school girls stay the same age
Matthew Mcconaughey GIF

Bulldog10

Linebacker
Elite Member
He is married with kids and was probably banging a woman who is married with kids who worked in the administration. She was let go a few months back
Why would they let one go in January and one in July? Especially when it would’ve been a lot easier to replace him in January. Seems highly unlikely to me

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why would they let one go in January and one in July? Especially when it would’ve been a lot easier to replace him in January. Seems highly unlikely to me
One possibility is she left after it got out and he tried to ride it out. Another is that it's just message board rumors. Another still is that the university conducted some fact finding that took a bit and presented him with a resign or be fired for cause.

I have no idea what's true but this one seems like it's been out there a while

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds