Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Who MUST be our next head coach (1 Viewer)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
My hair is a combination of brown with some grey flecks. But I'm 55 and love the guy.
Our soon to be coach showing some passion for the game, All the Husker fans except for the Blue Hairs gonna love him
I'm 68 and I love the guy. I'm not sure why anyone assumes older people won't like him. He's a very competitive MF who wins - what's not to like?

I lived in Chicago during the Jordan era - he reminds me of a coaching version of Michael.

Last edited:

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm 68 and I love the guy. I'm not sure why anyone assumes older people won't like him. He's a very competitive MF who wins - what's not to like?

I lived in Chicago during the Jordan era - he reminds me of a coaching version of Michael.

I think it's more about someone's personality vs. age from my perspective.

It's widely thought that people become more stodgy, inflexible and closed-minded the older they get. At the same time, being old doesn't mean you don't like to see someone stir the pot and make others uncomfortable.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think it's more about someone's personality vs. age from my perspective.

It's widely thought that people become more stodgy, inflexible and closed-minded the older they get. At the same time, being old doesn't mean you don't like to see someone stir the pot and make others uncomfortable.
The pendulum at Nebraska has been stuck on one side for way too long. It isn't healthy. Someone needs to slam it to the other side.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I’m all out of patience. So whoever is going to win the most football games is the guy I want.

I don’t give a fuck what he does outside of the football complex and in his personal life. I don’t derive who I am as a human based on how the head coach at Nebraska chooses to conduct himself when he’s not coaching football.

Win football games and do it at an impressive clip. Every other school can figure it out but us.

Take aim with the checkbook and fire. My confidence that Turd Alberts gets this right is slowly deteriorating.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m all out of patience. So whoever is going to win the most football games is the guy I want.

I don’t give a fuck what he does outside of the football complex and in his personal life. I don’t derive who I am as a human based on how the head coach at Nebraska chooses to conduct himself when he’s not coaching football.

Win football games and do it at an impressive clip. Every other school can figure it out but us.

Take aim with the checkbook and fire. My confidence that Turd Alberts gets this right is slowly deteriorating.

My patience is and hope is really deteriorating as well. Its great Turd is allegedly running a tight and quiet search, but man this is rough on the fans. Usually a couple leaks would happen to at least generate a discussion, but there has been nothing.

Also, Turd mentioned we would be hearing lots of names, well the only names are the ones coming from fans, there is anything coming from NU.

I feel like the longer this lasts, the less likely he gets anyone competent.

ac husker

Safety
Elite Member
My patience is and hope is really deteriorating as well. Its great Turd is allegedly running a tight and quiet search, but man this is rough on the fans. Usually a couple leaks would happen to at least generate a discussion, but there has been nothing.

Also, Turd mentioned we would be hearing lots of names, well the only names are the ones coming from fans, there is anything coming from NU.

Just curious, why do you think Turd should leak how the search is going? Does that have any benefit in the ultimate goal of trying to hire the best coach? Or is it merely to appease the fans nervous energy? We all want it done sooner rather than later so that WE can stop being anxious about it. But realistically, isn’t it better to take a deep breath, relax, and see what the final result is? Why get worked up over what we can’t control? Once a decision is made, then we can all get our panties in a bunch. Until then, take a lap. And that’s not directed at you, I’m at fault too. We all want this to happen quickly but it won’t and we will be dealing with this until after the Cockeye game if I had to take an educated guess.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider

Removing the emotion out of this as best I can and trying to regain some sort of grip and objectively looking at things; we simply don’t know that to be true and I’m having trouble accepting the “The longer this goes the more likely it becomes we don’t get anyone any good” argument. We were always going to have to wait till at least Black Friday.

One step further, Turd doesn’t strike me as a bullshitter. I believed everything he said in his presser after Frost was fired. He just had that look about him. Being in sales for as long as I have and reading the way people conduct themselves, he didn’t strike me as a guy up there feeding us a line of bullshit. Also, he doesn’t strike me as a guy who is going to let anything “leak” that he doesn’t want to. So when the press know names, it’s because they are suppose to. I doubt he’s told more than 2 people outside of the search firm what’s going on and those 2 people aren’t telling anyone.

My confidence is starting to teeter because I don’t know if he’s looking high enough. I want him to shoot to be the 2024/2025 Tennessee. That takes a lot from the top down in terms of NIL, recruiting, transfers, etc but it can be done. But it certainly starts with a head coach that makes people willing to cut the checks to pay the type of talent an overhaul like that takes.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

I keep reminding myself that USC's search is the likely comparison. Very similar situation - it was obvious for a year that the HC was getting fired. AD had lots of time to think about candidates.. He engaged the same search firm we have The AD reached an informal deal with the new hire by early October and kept it under wraps - Lincoln Riley was not a USC "Hot Board guy". Got together in person with Riley as soon as the season ended and Lincoln had the final interviews and the remaining contract details were finalized and the contract was signed. Lincoln was a surprise.

This gives me hope we are seeing something similar.

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member
Get me Judkins too bby
Awesome! Really like him, I Watched his HS film last week and love everything about the kid.

The story during the game last night about Lane going to one of his HS games. Rainy shitty weather and Lane stayed for the entire game. #Elite

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG

A “tight and quiet search” is what he promised us and that’s what he’s delivering. I don’t see the problem other that the predictable impatience from some fans.

Take a deep breath.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
Has Lane’s wife ever publicly expressed a dislike regarding a move to Lincoln? Asking for 2.1 million people……..😎

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds