Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Who has it worse than us? (1 Viewer)

Who is a sadder case than DONU?

• Texas

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Miami

• USC

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • FSU

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Nobody has it worse than us :(

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • Other (write in below)

• Tennessee

• Total voters

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Over the past 2 coaching staffs (HCMR and HCSF), seven years or so, what other P5 teams have had it worse than DONU?

I'm not looking strictly at overall W-L records in this timeframe, but more at programs who spend a lot, have a history of winning and championship success, and have a loyal and committed fanbase who is invested in the program win or lose.

A couple that should be in the conversation? Texas, Miami, USC, FSU... who else?

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I would say Miami.... They suck despite being awash in weather and talent, and their fans do not show up and are incredible douches. Plus, they have a turnover chain.
That's a fair point. Florida St isn't far from that but their suckiness isn't quite as prolonged as ours. They won the title 10 years ago?

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I would say Miami.... They suck despite being awash in weather and talent, and their fans do not show up and are incredible douches. Plus, they have a turnover chain.
This was my vote for the reasons you outlined.

Last edited:

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
Going back 7 years I can't think of a team that has been down as bad as Nebraska. Even Miami and Tennesee have had a few moments. We've had one moment, Riley beating Michigan State. That's our high point over 7 years...

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
They got a bigger win this week than NU has had in at least 5 years
True, but we've almost won many more times so that evens it out. 🙄

Sarcasm aside, I think we are still a much better program all around than Miami. The geographic talent gap is mountainous, but there are more foundational advantages to Nebraska overall. The Canes program seems very shaky and is pushing 4th in their own state at times.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
True, but we've almost won many more times so that evens it out. 🙄

Sarcasm aside, I think we are still a much better program all around than Miami. The geographic talent gap is mountainous, but there are more foundational advantages to Nebraska overall. The Canes program seems very shaky and is pushing 4th in their own state at times.
Yea, I can see the argument, and NU would probably have similar win totals in the ACC. It's really hard for me to rank any of those as worse than NU the past 5 years. They have 35 wins over that time, nearly double NU.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Going back 7 years I can't think of a team that has been down as bad as Nebraska. Even Miami and Tennesee have had a few moments. We've had one moment, Riley beating Michigan State. That's our high point over 7 years...
In the sense that Pittsburgh was ranked 17th. The only reason they were ranked is because the ACC is so down this year.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds