Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Has any sitting Nebraska coach ever had his nuts clipped worse than Frost today? (1 Viewer)

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I honestly can’t think of any. Usually its “all is good” or “you’re fired!” Maybe Eichorst giving Bo a lukewarm endorsement after 2013, but even then he didn’t have his contract restructured.

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
The obvious answer would be Solich in 2003…. I don’t think his deal was restructured but I also don’t think he had much of a deal at the time

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Yes.

Solich, Callahan, Pelini, and Riley when they were all fired.

I’d consider that a worse nut clipping.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yes.

Solich, Callahan, Pelini, and Riley when they were all fired.

I’d consider that a worse nut clipping.

Not sure about that. Frost has to eat humble pie, and stick around to taste it.

If, and this is a big IF. If Frost were to turn it around next year, my respect level would sky rocket for the guy. To go from arrogant, to getting nuts clipped, to being successful is not easy for any man to do. Especially with one school/organization. This will be a true test of his manhood.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I honestly can’t think of any. Usually its “all is good” or “you’re fired!” Maybe Eichorst giving Bo a lukewarm endorsement after 2013, but even then he didn’t have his contract restructured.
I was thinking about this too. Definitely not Harbaugh. This is worse. I've never seen a nut cutting like this on a sitting HC. It's so bad you're almost surprised Frost didn't just try to get the $20m to walk away.

I think Alberts was hamstrung by the fact that there wasn't support to fire Frost, so he clearly wanted to make it known that he was the Nasty Nate and Frost was his bitch in this relationship.

The most amazing thing to me was that Alberts went on radio same day to let the world know the reduced $$$ terms that they made Frost agree to LOL. And they did a drive by on half his staff the same day. It was clearly a big dick move by Alberts, "if I have to keep your childish ass around for another year I'm gonna at least castrate you in public so the world knows who's in charge here."

I'm depressed Frost is still here but I'm actually impressed by the public castration Alberts orchestrated today. Guy's got some gumption, I'll give him that.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Not sure about that. Frost has to eat humble pie, and stick around to taste it.

If, and this is a big IF. If Frost were to turn it around next year, my respect level would sky rocket for the guy. To go from arrogant, to getting nuts clipped, to being successful is not easy for any man to do. Especially with one school/organization. This will be a true test of his manhood.
But does he have to eat humble pie though? Guy could have just as easy said screw all of that and gotten fired…walked out with 20 million. I mean, it’s been shit and awfully hard if I was him to stay…he can say fuck it all and the clown fan base that goes with it all.

Pretty sure it takes more balls to take that restructured contract, fire 4 coaches (that yes, needed to be fired), and double down on himself.

If anything, that takes more arrogance than walking away with 20 million in your pocket, a couple years off, and then back to a a great OC gig somewhere.

Agree…it will be a true test for him.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds