Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

POLL Which QB gives us the best chance to make a bowl?

Which QB gives us the best chance to make a bowl?

• Total voters
I’m voting Sims due to the 5% chance he learns to stop throwing it to the other team and at least having the threat of a passing game.

Exactly how I voted, and same reason. Appreciative of what HH has done, but passing ability is lacking. If it was better, my vote would be different.

I bet Jeff Sins could start and play the next 4 Big Ten games, and he still wouldn't surpass Haarberg's 4 Total TD Passes.

If we can win with the offense we saw against NIU then I feel fine about Haarberg but I think Sims can run that offense just as well and is probably better in the read game. Sims is also a better passer.

Our only shot at a bowl game is to run power I, run the option, occasionally pass the ball, not turn the ball over, and play good defense and special teams. Haarberg is the QB to do that.

If Sims is willing to give up his NFL QB dream and be ok with just running the option all day and handing the ball off then maybe Sims could be the guy. But then there's still the issue with fumbling snaps and throwing INTs so who knows.

Two staffs in a row have done everything they could not to have to start HH at QB. Sims is terrifying, but he is the least worst option.
We had Thompson last year and Martinez before that

There wasn’t any need to start HH

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back