Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Which coaches that have been mentioned would be considered "wow" hires?

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
And when I say "wow," I mean "wow" in a good way.

I would list the following coaches as "wow" hires:

1. Urban Meyer - the one true "wow" hire.
2. Luke #2ndChoice - "wow" because I did not think we had a chance of getting him here, and because he is a solid coach.

I can't decide if Lane Kiffin would be a "wow" hire.

I don't think Chris Peterson would be a "wow" hire - how many people actually know who he is?

I do not think that Matt Rhule would be considered a "wow" hire either. He's a solid coach, but not a "wow."

-Urban Meyer
-Lane Kiffin
-Matt Rhule
-Chris Petersen
-Mike Gundy

Other names that have been mentioned but I think are out of the question:
-Dabo Sweeney
-Sean Payton

Urban, Kiffin, Petersen, Whittingham, Gundy among the names who have been mentioned.

Lots of solid hires other than that. I think Rhule is a solid hire.

And then down to what the fucks in Monken and Chadwell at the bottom end

-Urban Meyer
-Lane Kiffin
-Matt Rhule
-Chris Petersen
-Mike Gundy

Other names that have been mentioned but I think are out of the question:
-Dabo Sweeney
-Sean Payton
Dabo Sweeney would definitely be a "wow" hire.

Former-Nebraska-coach-Frank-Solich-to-receive-Osborne-Legacy-Award.jpg

And when I say "wow," I mean "wow" in a good way.

I would list the following coaches as "wow" hires:

1. Urban Meyer - the one true "wow" hire.
2. Luke #2ndChoice - "wow" because I did not think we had a chance of getting him here, and because he is a solid coach.

I can't decide if Lane Kiffin would be a "wow" hire.

I don't think Chris Peterson would be a "wow" hire - how many people actually know who he is?
If you aren’t sure Lane kiffin would be a wow hire, I think you’re gonna be extremely disappointed by the real hire.

Wows for me:
Urbs, Lane, Prime, Rhule

Urban then Kiffin.

Just under those two on the wow level: #2ndChoice.

Got dayum good, almost a wow hire: Petersen, probably Gundy.

Really good hire swe shouldn't turn up our noses at one bit: Rhule and Aranda. Whittingham too, but don't think there is any smoke or possibility to him, so never seriously considered him. He's also up there in age.

Totally out of the box, with no history of a guy like this working at bigtime P5, especially Nebraska: Prime. But would be wow for sure, just not the same kind as Urb or Kiffin.

Wow hires but not on my list because of near-zero possibility they would come or have been considered: Dabo and Sean Peyton.

Then the list gets murky. Leipold and Klieman are not guys I want, probably good coaches, but we should be aiming higher. Campbell? No thanks. Monken? WTF is going on here even stooping that low if we actually considered him? Doeren? Meh.

I am intrigued by Deboer though. Not a lot of history to go off of with him, but could work out great.

Gary Patterson - think we would be 10 years too late on him, no thanks.

And then Mickey, who I really like, but should in no way be in the running for HC of Nebraska. AHC and receivers coach - sign me up. But not HC.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back