Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Where the fuck are our practice nuggz???

I wish I could share, but I can't. I have a lid on it. I doubt you'll get much info from today from anyone in attendance. Everything will be second hand knowledge.

The one thing I'll share is these boys have been put through a mental ringer with COVID and racial matters. Many are to their breaking point from these last few months. They're extremely happy to be out there, but the season postponement along with social movements are still effecting their mental health.

this is crazy , these guys should be able to ball without worrying about stupid ass politics . Hope things get better but sounds not great from a mental aspect at this point

I wish I could share, but I can't. I have a lid on it. I doubt you'll get much info from today from anyone in attendance. Everything will be second hand knowledge.

The one thing I'll share is these boys have been put through a mental ringer with COVID and racial matters. Many are to their breaking point from these last few months. They're extremely happy to be out there, but the season postponement along with social movements are still effecting their mental health.
Came to post this. I'm Sorry, I really am....there is a different feeling coming out of North Stadium. Fake Krup wouldn't hardly divulge any info to me. Coach Frost and admin have it tight as I've ever seen it. Disclosure agreements, waivers the whole 9 yards. Seems to me,, as an outsider looking in, tensions are super high between everyone. I think we're really lucky the Big 10 reversed course otherwise we'd of lost alot more players. Or you can say the BiG 10 fucked us and cost us the Florida boys...I know everyone says that those kids are soft, pussies whatever but if you think about it they came 2000 miles to play football and when that was taken from them they went home. I personally don't blame them.

Came to post this. I'm Sorry, I really am....there is a different feeling coming out of North Stadium. Fake Krup wouldn't hardly divulge any info to me. Coach Frost and admin have it tight as I've ever seen it. Disclosure agreements, waivers the whole 9 yards. Seems to me,, as an outsider looking in, tensions are super high between everyone. I think we're really lucky the Big 10 reversed course otherwise we'd of lost alot more players. Or you can say the BiG 10 fucked us and cost us the Florida boys...I know everyone says that those kids are soft, pussies whatever but if you think about it they came 2000 miles to play football and when that was taken from them they went home. I personally don't blame them.

can you describe the different feeling? Positive? Negative? Or you just mean they’re as tight with info as they’ve ever been

Don't say that. Now half the board is gonna wanna fuck her/him.
giphy.gif

Here is write up from kenyanfeline on RSS. Not sure how legit he is.

For those of you who are tired of this vague cryptic crap, here is what actually happened at the scrimmage:

1. Luke McCaffrey accounted for touchdowns 4 different ways in the scrimmage:
-Throwing
-Running as a QB
-Receiving
-Carrying the ball as a WR

2. Martinez also looked sharp. Lighter and quicker. Always has looked sharp in practice, even last year, so will see if that translates to games.

3. No real injuries of note. Only some bumps and bruises. Wan’Dale is fine.

4. Oline appeared to dominated d-line for the most part. Big holes for Mills to run through.

5. Dline does have some fighters and was responsible for starting a fight though. Small skirmish, nbd. Not the full team brawl people are insinuating.

6. Mills looked great. 3-4 guys fighting for 2nd string RB all looked equally serviceable, but nothing earth-shattering.

7. WR’s looked ok. Will be a lot better than last year (doesn’t take much)
Falke>Noa.
Warner 2020>>Warner 2019.
Wandale 2020>Wandale 2019.
Alante is a better receiver TODAY than JD. May not have as much production but JD’s stat lines were a little misleading for a variety of reasons I don’t have time to get into here.
Luke took quite a few snaps at WR, coaches are dead serious about getting him on the field in whatever capacity it takes.
Betts looks elite one moment, then lost the next. Just needs some time. He’s gonna be good.

Also, don’t believe a word of what CG and EC post about Omar. They don’t know anything. Didn’t scrimmage but should play this season. Sometimes, an “injury” is actually just an injury. “Personal Issues” just eludes to a tough transition from Juco. Nothing more.

It really wasn’t that hard to type that out. I’m sure all of RSS is thankful you kept them on the edge of their seats for 6 hours while you and EC stroked your own egos. I suppose that’s a good way too keep the illusion going that you are “connected” to the program.

For those of you who are tired of this vague cryptic crap, here is what actually happened at the scrimmage:

-Throwing
-Running as a QB
-Receiving

2. Martinez also looked sharp. Lighter and quicker. Always has looked sharp in practice, even last year, so will see if that translates to games.

4. Oline appeared to dominated d-line for the most part. Big holes for Mills to run through.

5. Dline does have some fighters and was responsible for starting a fight though. Small skirmish, nbd. Not the full team brawl people are insinuating.

6. Mills looked great. 3-4 guys fighting for 2nd string RB all looked equally serviceable, but nothing earth-shattering.

Falke>Noa.
Alante is a better receiver TODAY than JD. May not have as much production but JD’s stat lines were a little misleading for a variety of reasons I don’t have time to get into here.
Luke took quite a few snaps at WR, coaches are dead serious about getting him on the field in whatever capacity it takes.
Betts looks elite one moment, then lost the next. Just needs some time. He’s gonna be good.

Also, don’t believe a word of what CG and EC post about Omar. They don’t know anything. Didn’t scrimmage but should play this season. Sometimes, an “injury” is actually just an injury. “Personal Issues” just eludes to a tough transition from Juco. Nothing more.

It really wasn’t that hard to type that out. I’m sure all of RSS is thankful you kept them on the edge of their seats for 6 hours while you and EC stroked your own egos. I suppose that’s a good way too keep the illusion going that you are “connected” to the program.
He followed up with this when asked about the supposed fight....

" Wasn’t a major fight. Some people like to be dramatic and have an agenda. It was a small skirmish. "
I say it lines up with my source. For the record.

Only thing I would question is the Luke stuff. I didn't ask, but I know I would be shocked if they used him like they said. That would speak highly of what he has done this off season and what they think of Smothers jmo

-Throwing
-Running as a QB
-Receiving

Falke>Noa.

Appreciate you posting this. Idk if legit or not but tough to just make up detail like that too so I’m gonna choose to believe it

-Throwing
-Running as a QB
-Receiving

Falke>Noa.

Don't believe this. #3 is only bullet point that is correct.

EC and CG have dropped vague, but true posts.

Challenge accepted. But for tomorrow when I'm less drunk

go for it , I’ll believe it too or not believe it . No one’s going to know anything specific for 2 more weeks so I’m not putting a ton of stock into anything on either of these boards at the moment

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back