Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What the B1G is Saying? Week 0 (FSU included)

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
Michigan State

• In a B1G brawl, which schools are you rolling with?
  • Nebraska
  • Rutgers. Jersey’s crazy.
  • Top 5 College Football Coaches All Time
  • 1) Saban 2) Meyer 3) Osborne 4) Dantonio
  • Torn on Dantonio at 4, think he was better than Osbourne
  • Osborne is one
  • Come on. Dantonio's not a top 20 coach all time.
  • 2) Osborne - he walked away in the middle of a run that would have made him Saban
  • Switzer was 12-5 against Osborne
  • Osborne was tremendous, but why no mention of Paterno?

Michigan

• OT: First year starting QB - Nebraska announces Raiola as their starter
  • Nebraska is so dysfunctional that it hasn't been to a bowl game in nearly ten years. Nebraska is going to be asking him to do A LOT. With a program that has known nothing but losing since Pelini got canned, and truthfully hasn't been nationally relevant in 20 years.
  • I hope Raiola tears it up, and Nebraska still loses 8-9 games. After the whining Rhule did about our situation last year, he can piss up a rope.
  • Nebraska has become totally irrelevant in CFB, so might as well throw the Hail Mary and hope for the best. If it works out, they get a three-year starter, and if it doesn't, they are right where they've been for the last 20 years.
  • If Michigan was expected to win 5 games this year I'd throw the Frosh out there too. You get better at football by playing football.
  • Raiola came in very, very hyped. Nebraska has no QBs on their roster of value other than him. Freshman QBs start in college football sometimes. Not only does this not surprise me, I've been assuming he was the starter for a long time.
  • They could still cry their way into a BOWL GAME!!!
  • This just tells me Rhule promised him the starting job if he committed. I guess I can respect him for keeping his word, but that's about it.
  • They'll lose because apparently everyone "has their signs" Could be no other explanation.
  • Fuck the Cornholes. I wish Frosty was still there so I could maximize my disdain for their team. But I still have plenty of dislike in the tank...

Minnesota

• Big Ten QB Rankings: Brosmer #13
  • I'm not surprised he's in the bottom half but it's ridiculous to me to have him behind a guy that has never played college football (Raiola)
  • If Brosmer finishes as the #13 QB, we are in trouble. I think he will finish in the top half though.
  • Nebraska stands alone…7 seasons without a bowl appearance.
  • It really is amazing that in an era where making a bowl game basically just requires your team not to suck, that a program like Nebraska has been unable to reach even that extremely low bar.
  • And yet, year after year there are experts out there predicting their return to glory....and year after year they fall flat on their face.
  • Nebraska has an easy nonconference schedule this year with UTEP, Colorado, and Northern Cockeye. It also has a favorable start to its B1G schedule with Illinois, Purdue, Rutgers, and Indiana.
  • This could be the year Nebraska gets a bowl game, but the last 7 years they have been their own worst enemy with turnovers and about any other possible way to lose a game.
  • I miss me some Scott Frost. Entertainment at its best.
  • The number of close games they have lost in recent years is off the charts. Still though, it really is shocking that a power 4 program like Nebraska has been unable to clear the extremely low bar of making a bowl game over the past 7 seasons.
  • Agree. I think Nebraska for sure goes bowling this year.
  • I wouldn't mind seeing Nebraska doing better. It helps they're not playing us (even though i wish they were still).
  • Every-time I've interacted with Nebraska fans they've been great. Heck at the Outback bowl there were Nebraska fans there cheering for the Gophers…
  • What is more amazing is this drought is owned by a program that went to a then-record 35 straight bowl games from 1969-2003.
  • I agree that Nebraska isn't going to be terrible forever. The real question though is will they ever be an elite football program again or will they just settle into that second tier with teams like Minnesaota, Wisconsin, Cockeye.....good but rarely if ever great.
  • There are still Nebraska fans that believe a return to the glory days is possible for them....I'm not so sure.
  • If they hit the jackpot on an elite coach maybe...but I don't think Rhule is that guy.
  • Looking at the NEB schedule to start the season, it sure seems like the networks are determined to get NEB their national exposure. So, to start the season FOX places them in the prime 2:30 pm spot against powerhouse UTEP. I understand the matchup with PRIME in primetime for NBC, but what used to be a B10 network game against the Illini is now on FOX in primetime. I guess no Peacock or FS1 for NEB.
  • I'd argue that Nebraska is closer to MN than MN is to Cockeye or Wisconsin over the past 10-20 years.
  • It was really interesting TV trying to predict the manner in which they would shoot themselves in the foot. I'm not even ripping on Nebraska, it was so insane.
  • No question Nebraska will win more games this year than either Wis.,Cockeye or the Gophers.
  • The gift to the Big Ten was them not being Satisfied with Pelini's level of success and thinking they could do better.

Oregon

• 2024 BIG Info, Predictions, Etc.
  • Chaos in the B1G. The only chaos I hope to see will be authored by the Ducks D.
  • The one I could be worried about, Nebraska, is not on the 2024 schedule.

Penn State

• Semi OT: Best coaches of all time
  • College 5. Bobby Bowden 4. Joe Paterno 3. Urban Meyer 2. Bear Bryant 1. Nick Saban
  • Not sure how I'd approach Meyer/Paterno/Bowden and other great coaches like Osborne, Woody and Bo, Switzer, etc.
  • I'd take Tom Osborne over Bowden, just because he did more at a harder job.
  • Osborne cheated to win his natties. The PED use on those 90’s Nebraska teams was rampant. He isn’t even top 10 without that.

UTEP

• Nebraska announces starting QB
  • We'll be facing a freshman in his first game.
  • Game will be closer than the Corn-bros, had hoped for!
  • Walden definitely is a coach, that recognizes the BIG moments. He will put a scare in Nebraska. Will it be enough? Who knows...
  • I hope so. On a kind of related note, I found former UTEP coach, Keith Burns' twitter comments on Walden interesting/funny. No love lost there.
  • Had a UTEP shirt while traveling back home yesterday. Nebraska fan wanted to talk football while waiting at the airport. Long story short, Nebraska fans think it should be an easy win, but would not be surprised if they laid an egg a loose.
  • Huskers play Colorado the following week, so look for Huskers to come out swinging to make a statement. They have last year's #1 QB in the country
  • UTEP 24 Nebraska 45
  • I agree, not because I doubt Walden's potential, but simply because he hasn't had enough time to prove himself yet.
  • I still like our chances for an upset.
  • winners take chances, chances make winners…maybe, a Miner Miracle to win this game?
  • I don't like our chances. UTEP is a 27.5 point underdog.
  • "winners take chances, chances make winners" sounds like a Michael Scott quote. lol
  • The uncertainty with this UTEP team could play a factor, that's why I believe UTEP beats the spread... Wont claim they will win, just put up a respectable fight. A decent showing, and game-two at home will be epic, glad i'm flying in!
  • I would be happy if UTEP doesn't get blown out @ Nebraska, but I hope they don't take Southern Utah lightly. They lost by 3 last year @ Arizona State.
  • Nebraskas QB is fatt
  • When UTEP played Kentucky some years back, I seem to remember that Kentucky had some huge seemingly 300-lb dude lined up as QB and he just ran over UTEP like a steam engine. Anybody else remember this?

Colorado

• Finebaum puts Rhule in his place!!
  • Rhule is a douche, but Finebaum is actually no good for ESPN, except to piss the rest of the world off.
  • Finebaum has found his place. That place is at the center of an SEC circle jerk and he makes serious bank from being a mouthpiece.
  • I would bet that if they win, they wait until sometime in the mid 2030's to book another Home & Home
  • If we beat them they will move things around to have another home and home before the end of the decade. Their fan base won't be able to stomach 4 straight losses and no scheduled chase for redemption.
  • Hell, I might have to get down to Stincoln from Omaha, even if I don’t get tickets, just to hang out with some Buffs fans. It’ll either be an old fashioned behind-the-shed whoopin’, or in recent style it could be a last second heart ripping out!
  • Nebraska cheating again?
  • Wouldn't shock me since they pumped roids into their linemen and probably still do today.
  • Well, they must've had better shvt back in the day. None of their lines are like that anymore.
  • I know QB remains a question for nebraska, but didn't they retain a lot from last year? Does anybody have a sense - or read anything that's not entirely parochial - of how the huskers should be this season compared to last?
  • All jokes aside, I think they'll be pretty good. You are correct about them not losing much from last year.
  • Not losing much from a ****ty team isn’t that much of an accomplishment. Did they actually get any better?
  • For sure. Probably their best team since the Mike Riley era.
  • But he is the second coming of Patrick Mahomes. It has been confirmed. We are ****ed.
  • I think he has a chance at winning as much as Mahomes did in college.
  • It's Fatrick Mahomes
  • With the exception of CU, the first half of their schedule is laughably easy, with home game after home game. But they better get their wins early, because it’s set up to go 5-1 and then lose out. Again.
  • Joel Klatt has the Nubs at #23
  • I’m not convinced that CU is going to lose in Lincoln this year. We really kicked their asses last year in Boulder and I fell asleep at a point in that game because it wasn’t your entertaining CU-NU game. That happened despite giving up eight sacks and that Sims QB who is now at ASU.
  • And that frosh kid who wants to be Mahomes…give me a break!
  • Does he talk like Kermit the Frog too?
  • Depends if that QB of theirs is as good as they say. Wasn't his dad a lineman there?
  • Fusker starting LT Prochazka is out for the year with a knee per Sean Callahan. Raiola is going to be running for his ****ing life.
  • Raiola: Got to college and eating way too much Domino's
  • To be fair, Steven “little frozen pizzas” Montez is a proven winner in that stadium.
  • Dylan Fat-Roll-A
  • Fuskers version of Jared Lorenzen.
  • Pillsbury Throw Boy
  • ESPN reporting he is the starter in 1st game
  • Did Runza give him a NIL deal?
  • He’s beefing up to score some sweet Jenny Craig dollars
  • Looks pregnant to me. CU should demand a gender test before the game.
  • Doesn't look like a flak jacket to me. Could be wrong, I guess.
  • Maybe a fat or flap jacket.

Indiana

• Which B1G teams will underperform their ranking?
  • My list (Indiana excluded) would be Nebraska and Wisconsin for most improved and Northwestern for underrated.
  • Surprise teams---I like Nebraska to be border line top 25 at worst
  • If Nebraska's freshman QB is decent they could have a very good year. If he plays like a typical true freshman it could be a challenging year.

Cockeye

• Nebraska is going to be the Natty’s 2025
  • After watching the BigTen Network show Nebraska is once again all world caliber and Dylan Raiola is absolutely the Heiman front runner as a true freshman and hasn’t completed a pass in college but he will light up the defenses all season long
  • FEAR AND BOW DOWN TO THE ALMIGHTY HUSKERS
  • Clock work every preseason…off season champs for a reason
  • Well they are still undefeated this year!
  • Looking at their schedule they could be, but will not be, 7-0 going into the Ohio State game. I doubt they will be, probably win 4-5 games.
  • Perennial off-season champs!
  • 2 years ago this weekend Nebraska tried ditching Scott Frost in Ireland after an onside kick debacle and epic collapse to Northwestern.
  • Nebber has a real shot of not making a bowl again this year! The UNI game could be huge for them & their bowl possibilities.
  • The only sure loss on there is OSU. Nebraska is going to be a much better team this year. That game at the end of the season could be a big one.
  • If Frost was still the coach, I would be on board with the comments. Matt Rhule is a different beast. I know the NFL gig flopped, but not many college coaches do that successfully. Nebby is an 8-9 game winner this year. I WOULD LOVE TO BE WRONG!
  • They should be favored by Vegas in each of their first 7. They definitely have a chance to build some momentum and who knows where that takes things.
  • Their bowl drought is something I never thought I’d see in my life, it’s been a glorious near decade of futility, and FBR.
  • Based on not so recent history I’d say there’s about a 40% chance that Raiola will be a permanent head case by the end of the year.
  • Do you believe any of their opponents might be improved this year? Is Debby the only improved team on their schedule? Maybe Illinois or Purdue , Hell, maybe Colorado will be better. Debby always wins the off season! Seven losing seasons in a row.
  • Today's games reinforced that a dynamic QB can make all the difference.. I am concerned this guy could be one of those guys..glad we get them in Kinnick...they will win 7 minimum, probably 8.
  • A true freshman starting at QB in the Big? Seems like a turnover machine to me. A recipe for disaster. The game will be much faster than the high school games he's used to. He may not make it through the whole season. The Big is a grinder.
  • By the time he gets to Cockeye, he will be injured or a turnover machine like Adrian, Tommy, or any of the others in the last 10 years.
  • You’d think husker fans would’ve learned their lesson. Remember 6 years ago had their blue chip true frosh qb with their new coach who they thought no way he’d fail from his results at his previous school. We all remember how that ended.
  • Pepperidge Farms remembers!
  • Given how Rhule fvcked up the end of the Cockeye game last season....not seeing it. Bowl eligible...probably.
  • Who is your most hated BIG team and why? (Just for fun)
  • Wisconsin and then Illinois/Nebraska tied for 2nd
  • Wisky is up there for sure
  • But without question it's those cornholers
  • Nebraska because of their arrogance and entitlement.
  • Nebraska. Growing up in NW Cockeye there are a lot of Nebby fans living in Cockeye and they were pretty obnoxious growing up. Combine that with the arrogance and entitlement they showed when entering the BIG and they’ll forever be my number 1.
  • Nebraska. Media bootlickers are insufferable.
  • Nebraska. Even before they joined the B1G. Living in SW Cockeye means the majority of your media coverage come from the Omaha metro. 53 years of media and their ridiculous fan base. I cheer for them to lose just about as much as I cheer for Cockeye to win.
  • Debby, arrogant fans. Most of their wins vs Cockeye were before 1945! Talk about living in the past. But once again they are winning the off season, somehow.
  • They like to live in the 1990’s their glory years
  • Nebraska fans are delusional, but they are in a sadistic way kind of fun to be around and they are pretty good about being teased.
  • cornholers by a mile. Arrogant, entitled a-holes. Past criminal history under their saint osborne. Their current run of failure burning through coaches and money with multiple losing seasons has been glorious
  • This is an easy one for me...debbie.
  • Nebby cuz of my cousin playing there. I hate them more than I love my own sons
  • Internet “fans” Nebraska easily wins, That said having gone to a couple of games in Lincoln I really enjoyed the experience, Fans I interacted with with were very nice.
  • Nebraska their elite view of themselves
  • For me Michigan and Nebraska. Can't stand either one of them
  • Nebraska and it isn’t close. In their eyes they could lose 9 games but if they beat us it was a good year. FU(K Nebraska
  • The little debbie bugeaters. They act like they have recent success like Michigan, a dynasty like Alabama, and a team loaded with elite talent like Ohio State. They are arrogant, deluded, pathetic, and toxic. The absolute worst of the worst.
  • Nebraska has by far the best fans to interact with. Wisconsin fans are terrible
  • In person, sure. Online Husker fans get tiresome rather quickly though.
  • It's a tie for me...the rodents of WI and Debby nebby.

Florida State

• Thoughts on the conservative play calling
  • D.J. Uiagalelei's Father Ripped The Coaching Staff For Georgia Tech Loss While Placing Zero Blame On Son
  • Few things, Norvell is absolutely mostly to blame here with his awful playcalling.
  • Our coaching and gameplan was absolutely terrible. DJU is not to blame here. Coach Norvell called some terrible plays and execution on defense was even worse.
  • Don't give up on this season yet guys, yes yesterday's loss sucks but we gotta remember this team does have talent , and the playoff is 12 teams this year. This team needed to be humbled
  • Realistic FSU goals going into the season were to be 10-2. It's not ideal FSU started with an L but it is what it is and FSU earned an L.
  • I'm glad you made this post! So many doomers are ready to give up on the season. No one likes to lose, but we held our own and kept the game close!
  • I was told our dline was one of the best in the country…ZERO sacks
  • Some games Mike Norvell's play calling looks incredibly dynamic and adaptive. Then there's games like today where he wants to do 1 thing and keeps doing it regardless of what the other team is doing.
  • Gonna need to see way more of DJ and the lot, but that was atrocious.
  • I really thought this was the year the o-line was going to be the strength
  • Worst part about this loss was there didn’t appear to be anything that looked promising to build off of. Just a complete regression and lack of fire across the board.
  • DJU was called TWICE to convert on 4th, and score. He answered. Defense got called on, and couldn't even pick up the phone in time.
  • Better than losing to Jacksonville St, I guess
  • I’m sick. This whole game was wack. Running up the middle on 3rd and forever, DJU not hitting any passes, and defense getting absolutely cooked.
  • It’s clear Randy Shannon does not deserve a place on this staff. Linebackers were out of position almost every single play. Totally unprepared and lost. Throw in the fact that he can’t recruit, and I’m not sure why he’s still here.
  • This team has no identity. Felt like I was watching a Jimbo team today.
  • Long season ahead but yeah.. that was bad. I think you have to go back to early 2021 to see an FSU team get dominated like that at the LOS.
  • It seems clear that the gameplan was to ease DJU in/try to paper over his weaknesses. I think Mike waited too long to open things up to downfield passes. It was apparent that isn’t DJ’s strength, but Georgia Tech didn’t have to respect deeper passes for far too long in this game.
  • Everyone can say the offense looked unimpressive and DJU was bad but when they had to make a play in the 4th quarter, they did. When the defense had to make a play, they didn’t.
  • Got our quality loss in for the season boys! Playoffs here we come
  • This is not a Top 10 team if that’s what we’re getting this season. It may not even be a Top 25 team that will be competitive in its conference if that’s the level of play to expect each week
  • To Georgia fuckin tech. I hate being old enough to have experienced this team not losing to fuckin teams like Georgia tech.
  • Time to boot up CFB25 and hang 100 on GT to help my little ego
  • There is a very real chance that BC beats FSU on Monday
  • It's a rebuild year. Plain and simple.
  • Norvell looked like byron leftwhich out there calling plays today. Fucking 2 runs up the gut and a pass play.
  • Pretty clear Norvell needs to focus on recruiting. This “development” staff ain’t cutting it
  • On a positive note , my expectations for this team have been brought back to reality..I see no reason to have any emotional investment in this team , rest of the season is whatever ...Will watch every game and root for the team , but not expecting much ..They looked like a 7 maybe 8 win team
  • If DJU was brought in to be a bridge to get us to the ACCCG, which will clearly not happen this year, why not just start the freshmen.
  • Kinda feel 8-4/7-5 this season. Mediocrity here we come
  • Can’t believe I went to Ireland to see that shit!
  • I said to myself last year after the snub that the sport was truly dead as we knew it and I’d boycott this season. Naturally I tuned into the game anyway, now I’m back to my original statement. Gone are the days I dedicate 5 hours to a TV to watch teenagers play and make or break my day, I’m just gonna golf on Saturdays now instead of Sundays.
  • Maybe the whole team got food poisoning from some bad shepherds pie
  • This was a catastrophic loss. With what happened at the end of last year, the lawsuits, and the boooing of the Gameday crew today we needed to look good and win. Unfortunately, there are bigger factors at play than just winning games for us. We are fighting the media and the CFB establishment and every little thing we do is under a microscope. We are very vulnerable and losses like this are just not acceptable at this time.
  • DJU looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane
  • DJU obviously isn’t showing anything to be excited about, but right now the OL is a bigger concern.

Cannot wait for the games to begin...and for N to finally be respected again.

Lotta shit talking going on by UTEP, Cockeye and CU fans. Don't really care about Michigan fans since we don't play them this season. They'll have their own issues IMO.

Michigan State

• In a B1G brawl, which schools are you rolling with?
  • Nebraska
  • Rutgers. Jersey’s crazy.
  • Top 5 College Football Coaches All Time
  • 1) Saban 2) Meyer 3) Osborne 4) Dantonio
  • Torn on Dantonio at 4, think he was better than Osbourne
  • Osborne is one
  • Come on. Dantonio's not a top 20 coach all time.
  • 2) Osborne - he walked away in the middle of a run that would have made him Saban
  • Switzer was 12-5 against Osborne
  • Osborne was tremendous, but why no mention of Paterno?

Michigan

• OT: First year starting QB - Nebraska announces Raiola as their starter
  • Nebraska is so dysfunctional that it hasn't been to a bowl game in nearly ten years. Nebraska is going to be asking him to do A LOT. With a program that has known nothing but losing since Pelini got canned, and truthfully hasn't been nationally relevant in 20 years.
  • I hope Raiola tears it up, and Nebraska still loses 8-9 games. After the whining Rhule did about our situation last year, he can piss up a rope.
  • Nebraska has become totally irrelevant in CFB, so might as well throw the Hail Mary and hope for the best. If it works out, they get a three-year starter, and if it doesn't, they are right where they've been for the last 20 years.
  • If Michigan was expected to win 5 games this year I'd throw the Frosh out there too. You get better at football by playing football.
  • Raiola came in very, very hyped. Nebraska has no QBs on their roster of value other than him. Freshman QBs start in college football sometimes. Not only does this not surprise me, I've been assuming he was the starter for a long time.
  • They could still cry their way into a BOWL GAME!!!
  • This just tells me Rhule promised him the starting job if he committed. I guess I can respect him for keeping his word, but that's about it.
  • They'll lose because apparently everyone "has their signs" Could be no other explanation.
  • Fuck the Cornholes. I wish Frosty was still there so I could maximize my disdain for their team. But I still have plenty of dislike in the tank...

Minnesota

• Big Ten QB Rankings: Brosmer #13
  • I'm not surprised he's in the bottom half but it's ridiculous to me to have him behind a guy that has never played college football (Raiola)
  • If Brosmer finishes as the #13 QB, we are in trouble. I think he will finish in the top half though.
  • Nebraska stands alone…7 seasons without a bowl appearance.
  • It really is amazing that in an era where making a bowl game basically just requires your team not to suck, that a program like Nebraska has been unable to reach even that extremely low bar.
  • And yet, year after year there are experts out there predicting their return to glory....and year after year they fall flat on their face.
  • Nebraska has an easy nonconference schedule this year with UTEP, Colorado, and Northern Cockeye. It also has a favorable start to its B1G schedule with Illinois, Purdue, Rutgers, and Indiana.
  • This could be the year Nebraska gets a bowl game, but the last 7 years they have been their own worst enemy with turnovers and about any other possible way to lose a game.
  • I miss me some Scott Frost. Entertainment at its best.
  • The number of close games they have lost in recent years is off the charts. Still though, it really is shocking that a power 4 program like Nebraska has been unable to clear the extremely low bar of making a bowl game over the past 7 seasons.
  • Agree. I think Nebraska for sure goes bowling this year.
  • I wouldn't mind seeing Nebraska doing better. It helps they're not playing us (even though i wish they were still).
  • Every-time I've interacted with Nebraska fans they've been great. Heck at the Outback bowl there were Nebraska fans there cheering for the Gophers…
  • What is more amazing is this drought is owned by a program that went to a then-record 35 straight bowl games from 1969-2003.
  • I agree that Nebraska isn't going to be terrible forever. The real question though is will they ever be an elite football program again or will they just settle into that second tier with teams like Minnesaota, Wisconsin, Cockeye.....good but rarely if ever great.
  • There are still Nebraska fans that believe a return to the glory days is possible for them....I'm not so sure.
  • If they hit the jackpot on an elite coach maybe...but I don't think Rhule is that guy.
  • Looking at the NEB schedule to start the season, it sure seems like the networks are determined to get NEB their national exposure. So, to start the season FOX places them in the prime 2:30 pm spot against powerhouse UTEP. I understand the matchup with PRIME in primetime for NBC, but what used to be a B10 network game against the Illini is now on FOX in primetime. I guess no Peacock or FS1 for NEB.
  • I'd argue that Nebraska is closer to MN than MN is to Cockeye or Wisconsin over the past 10-20 years.
  • It was really interesting TV trying to predict the manner in which they would shoot themselves in the foot. I'm not even ripping on Nebraska, it was so insane.
  • No question Nebraska will win more games this year than either Wis.,Cockeye or the Gophers.
  • The gift to the Big Ten was them not being Satisfied with Pelini's level of success and thinking they could do better.

Oregon

• 2024 BIG Info, Predictions, Etc.
  • Chaos in the B1G. The only chaos I hope to see will be authored by the Ducks D.
  • The one I could be worried about, Nebraska, is not on the 2024 schedule.

Penn State

• Semi OT: Best coaches of all time
  • College 5. Bobby Bowden 4. Joe Paterno 3. Urban Meyer 2. Bear Bryant 1. Nick Saban
  • Not sure how I'd approach Meyer/Paterno/Bowden and other great coaches like Osborne, Woody and Bo, Switzer, etc.
  • I'd take Tom Osborne over Bowden, just because he did more at a harder job.
  • Osborne cheated to win his natties. The PED use on those 90’s Nebraska teams was rampant. He isn’t even top 10 without that.

UTEP

• Nebraska announces starting QB
  • We'll be facing a freshman in his first game.
  • Game will be closer than the Corn-bros, had hoped for!
  • Walden definitely is a coach, that recognizes the BIG moments. He will put a scare in Nebraska. Will it be enough? Who knows...
  • I hope so. On a kind of related note, I found former UTEP coach, Keith Burns' twitter comments on Walden interesting/funny. No love lost there.
  • Had a UTEP shirt while traveling back home yesterday. Nebraska fan wanted to talk football while waiting at the airport. Long story short, Nebraska fans think it should be an easy win, but would not be surprised if they laid an egg a loose.
  • Huskers play Colorado the following week, so look for Huskers to come out swinging to make a statement. They have last year's #1 QB in the country
  • UTEP 24 Nebraska 45
  • I agree, not because I doubt Walden's potential, but simply because he hasn't had enough time to prove himself yet.
  • I still like our chances for an upset.
  • winners take chances, chances make winners…maybe, a Miner Miracle to win this game?
  • I don't like our chances. UTEP is a 27.5 point underdog.
  • "winners take chances, chances make winners" sounds like a Michael Scott quote. lol
  • The uncertainty with this UTEP team could play a factor, that's why I believe UTEP beats the spread... Wont claim they will win, just put up a respectable fight. A decent showing, and game-two at home will be epic, glad i'm flying in!
  • I would be happy if UTEP doesn't get blown out @ Nebraska, but I hope they don't take Southern Utah lightly. They lost by 3 last year @ Arizona State.
  • Nebraskas QB is fatt
  • When UTEP played Kentucky some years back, I seem to remember that Kentucky had some huge seemingly 300-lb dude lined up as QB and he just ran over UTEP like a steam engine. Anybody else remember this?

Colorado

• Finebaum puts Rhule in his place!!
  • Rhule is a douche, but Finebaum is actually no good for ESPN, except to piss the rest of the world off.
  • Finebaum has found his place. That place is at the center of an SEC circle jerk and he makes serious bank from being a mouthpiece.
  • I would bet that if they win, they wait until sometime in the mid 2030's to book another Home & Home
  • If we beat them they will move things around to have another home and home before the end of the decade. Their fan base won't be able to stomach 4 straight losses and no scheduled chase for redemption.
  • Hell, I might have to get down to Stincoln from Omaha, even if I don’t get tickets, just to hang out with some Buffs fans. It’ll either be an old fashioned behind-the-shed whoopin’, or in recent style it could be a last second heart ripping out!
  • Nebraska cheating again?
  • Wouldn't shock me since they pumped roids into their linemen and probably still do today.
  • Well, they must've had better shvt back in the day. None of their lines are like that anymore.
  • I know QB remains a question for nebraska, but didn't they retain a lot from last year? Does anybody have a sense - or read anything that's not entirely parochial - of how the huskers should be this season compared to last?
  • All jokes aside, I think they'll be pretty good. You are correct about them not losing much from last year.
  • Not losing much from a ****ty team isn’t that much of an accomplishment. Did they actually get any better?
  • For sure. Probably their best team since the Mike Riley era.
  • But he is the second coming of Patrick Mahomes. It has been confirmed. We are ****ed.
  • I think he has a chance at winning as much as Mahomes did in college.
  • It's Fatrick Mahomes
  • With the exception of CU, the first half of their schedule is laughably easy, with home game after home game. But they better get their wins early, because it’s set up to go 5-1 and then lose out. Again.
  • Joel Klatt has the Nubs at #23
  • I’m not convinced that CU is going to lose in Lincoln this year. We really kicked their asses last year in Boulder and I fell asleep at a point in that game because it wasn’t your entertaining CU-NU game. That happened despite giving up eight sacks and that Sims QB who is now at ASU.
  • And that frosh kid who wants to be Mahomes…give me a break!
  • Does he talk like Kermit the Frog too?
  • Depends if that QB of theirs is as good as they say. Wasn't his dad a lineman there?
  • Fusker starting LT Prochazka is out for the year with a knee per Sean Callahan. Raiola is going to be running for his ****ing life.
  • Raiola: Got to college and eating way too much Domino's
  • To be fair, Steven “little frozen pizzas” Montez is a proven winner in that stadium.
  • Dylan Fat-Roll-A
  • Fuskers version of Jared Lorenzen.
  • Pillsbury Throw Boy
  • ESPN reporting he is the starter in 1st game
  • Did Runza give him a NIL deal?
  • He’s beefing up to score some sweet Jenny Craig dollars
  • Looks pregnant to me. CU should demand a gender test before the game.
  • Doesn't look like a flak jacket to me. Could be wrong, I guess.
  • Maybe a fat or flap jacket.

Indiana

• Which B1G teams will underperform their ranking?
  • My list (Indiana excluded) would be Nebraska and Wisconsin for most improved and Northwestern for underrated.
  • Surprise teams---I like Nebraska to be border line top 25 at worst
  • If Nebraska's freshman QB is decent they could have a very good year. If he plays like a typical true freshman it could be a challenging year.

Cockeye

• Nebraska is going to be the Natty’s 2025
  • After watching the BigTen Network show Nebraska is once again all world caliber and Dylan Raiola is absolutely the Heiman front runner as a true freshman and hasn’t completed a pass in college but he will light up the defenses all season long
  • FEAR AND BOW DOWN TO THE ALMIGHTY HUSKERS
  • Clock work every preseason…off season champs for a reason
  • Well they are still undefeated this year!
  • Looking at their schedule they could be, but will not be, 7-0 going into the Ohio State game. I doubt they will be, probably win 4-5 games.
  • Perennial off-season champs!
  • 2 years ago this weekend Nebraska tried ditching Scott Frost in Ireland after an onside kick debacle and epic collapse to Northwestern.
  • Nebber has a real shot of not making a bowl again this year! The UNI game could be huge for them & their bowl possibilities.
  • The only sure loss on there is OSU. Nebraska is going to be a much better team this year. That game at the end of the season could be a big one.
  • If Frost was still the coach, I would be on board with the comments. Matt Rhule is a different beast. I know the NFL gig flopped, but not many college coaches do that successfully. Nebby is an 8-9 game winner this year. I WOULD LOVE TO BE WRONG!
  • They should be favored by Vegas in each of their first 7. They definitely have a chance to build some momentum and who knows where that takes things.
  • Their bowl drought is something I never thought I’d see in my life, it’s been a glorious near decade of futility, and FBR.
  • Based on not so recent history I’d say there’s about a 40% chance that Raiola will be a permanent head case by the end of the year.
  • Do you believe any of their opponents might be improved this year? Is Debby the only improved team on their schedule? Maybe Illinois or Purdue , Hell, maybe Colorado will be better. Debby always wins the off season! Seven losing seasons in a row.
  • Today's games reinforced that a dynamic QB can make all the difference.. I am concerned this guy could be one of those guys..glad we get them in Kinnick...they will win 7 minimum, probably 8.
  • A true freshman starting at QB in the Big? Seems like a turnover machine to me. A recipe for disaster. The game will be much faster than the high school games he's used to. He may not make it through the whole season. The Big is a grinder.
  • By the time he gets to Cockeye, he will be injured or a turnover machine like Adrian, Tommy, or any of the others in the last 10 years.
  • You’d think husker fans would’ve learned their lesson. Remember 6 years ago had their blue chip true frosh qb with their new coach who they thought no way he’d fail from his results at his previous school. We all remember how that ended.
  • Pepperidge Farms remembers!
  • Given how Rhule fvcked up the end of the Cockeye game last season....not seeing it. Bowl eligible...probably.
  • Who is your most hated BIG team and why? (Just for fun)
  • Wisconsin and then Illinois/Nebraska tied for 2nd
  • Wisky is up there for sure
  • But without question it's those cornholers
  • Nebraska because of their arrogance and entitlement.
  • Nebraska. Growing up in NW Cockeye there are a lot of Nebby fans living in Cockeye and they were pretty obnoxious growing up. Combine that with the arrogance and entitlement they showed when entering the BIG and they’ll forever be my number 1.
  • Nebraska. Media bootlickers are insufferable.
  • Nebraska. Even before they joined the B1G. Living in SW Cockeye means the majority of your media coverage come from the Omaha metro. 53 years of media and their ridiculous fan base. I cheer for them to lose just about as much as I cheer for Cockeye to win.
  • Debby, arrogant fans. Most of their wins vs Cockeye were before 1945! Talk about living in the past. But once again they are winning the off season, somehow.
  • They like to live in the 1990’s their glory years
  • Nebraska fans are delusional, but they are in a sadistic way kind of fun to be around and they are pretty good about being teased.
  • cornholers by a mile. Arrogant, entitled a-holes. Past criminal history under their saint osborne. Their current run of failure burning through coaches and money with multiple losing seasons has been glorious
  • This is an easy one for me...debbie.
  • Nebby cuz of my cousin playing there. I hate them more than I love my own sons
  • Internet “fans” Nebraska easily wins, That said having gone to a couple of games in Lincoln I really enjoyed the experience, Fans I interacted with with were very nice.
  • Nebraska their elite view of themselves
  • For me Michigan and Nebraska. Can't stand either one of them
  • Nebraska and it isn’t close. In their eyes they could lose 9 games but if they beat us it was a good year. FU(K Nebraska
  • The little debbie bugeaters. They act like they have recent success like Michigan, a dynasty like Alabama, and a team loaded with elite talent like Ohio State. They are arrogant, deluded, pathetic, and toxic. The absolute worst of the worst.
  • Nebraska has by far the best fans to interact with. Wisconsin fans are terrible
  • In person, sure. Online Husker fans get tiresome rather quickly though.
  • It's a tie for me...the rodents of WI and Debby nebby.

Florida State

• Thoughts on the conservative play calling
  • D.J. Uiagalelei's Father Ripped The Coaching Staff For Georgia Tech Loss While Placing Zero Blame On Son
  • Few things, Norvell is absolutely mostly to blame here with his awful playcalling.
  • Our coaching and gameplan was absolutely terrible. DJU is not to blame here. Coach Norvell called some terrible plays and execution on defense was even worse.
  • Don't give up on this season yet guys, yes yesterday's loss sucks but we gotta remember this team does have talent , and the playoff is 12 teams this year. This team needed to be humbled
  • Realistic FSU goals going into the season were to be 10-2. It's not ideal FSU started with an L but it is what it is and FSU earned an L.
  • I'm glad you made this post! So many doomers are ready to give up on the season. No one likes to lose, but we held our own and kept the game close!
  • I was told our dline was one of the best in the country…ZERO sacks
  • Some games Mike Norvell's play calling looks incredibly dynamic and adaptive. Then there's games like today where he wants to do 1 thing and keeps doing it regardless of what the other team is doing.
  • Gonna need to see way more of DJ and the lot, but that was atrocious.
  • I really thought this was the year the o-line was going to be the strength
  • Worst part about this loss was there didn’t appear to be anything that looked promising to build off of. Just a complete regression and lack of fire across the board.
  • DJU was called TWICE to convert on 4th, and score. He answered. Defense got called on, and couldn't even pick up the phone in time.
  • Better than losing to Jacksonville St, I guess
  • I’m sick. This whole game was wack. Running up the middle on 3rd and forever, DJU not hitting any passes, and defense getting absolutely cooked.
  • It’s clear Randy Shannon does not deserve a place on this staff. Linebackers were out of position almost every single play. Totally unprepared and lost. Throw in the fact that he can’t recruit, and I’m not sure why he’s still here.
  • This team has no identity. Felt like I was watching a Jimbo team today.
  • Long season ahead but yeah.. that was bad. I think you have to go back to early 2021 to see an FSU team get dominated like that at the LOS.
  • It seems clear that the gameplan was to ease DJU in/try to paper over his weaknesses. I think Mike waited too long to open things up to downfield passes. It was apparent that isn’t DJ’s strength, but Georgia Tech didn’t have to respect deeper passes for far too long in this game.
  • Everyone can say the offense looked unimpressive and DJU was bad but when they had to make a play in the 4th quarter, they did. When the defense had to make a play, they didn’t.
  • Got our quality loss in for the season boys! Playoffs here we come
  • This is not a Top 10 team if that’s what we’re getting this season. It may not even be a Top 25 team that will be competitive in its conference if that’s the level of play to expect each week
  • To Georgia fuckin tech. I hate being old enough to have experienced this team not losing to fuckin teams like Georgia tech.
  • Time to boot up CFB25 and hang 100 on GT to help my little ego
  • There is a very real chance that BC beats FSU on Monday
  • It's a rebuild year. Plain and simple.
  • Norvell looked like byron leftwhich out there calling plays today. Fucking 2 runs up the gut and a pass play.
  • Pretty clear Norvell needs to focus on recruiting. This “development” staff ain’t cutting it
  • On a positive note , my expectations for this team have been brought back to reality..I see no reason to have any emotional investment in this team , rest of the season is whatever ...Will watch every game and root for the team , but not expecting much ..They looked like a 7 maybe 8 win team
  • If DJU was brought in to be a bridge to get us to the ACCCG, which will clearly not happen this year, why not just start the freshmen.
  • Kinda feel 8-4/7-5 this season. Mediocrity here we come
  • Can’t believe I went to Ireland to see that shit!
  • I said to myself last year after the snub that the sport was truly dead as we knew it and I’d boycott this season. Naturally I tuned into the game anyway, now I’m back to my original statement. Gone are the days I dedicate 5 hours to a TV to watch teenagers play and make or break my day, I’m just gonna golf on Saturdays now instead of Sundays.
  • Maybe the whole team got food poisoning from some bad shepherds pie
  • This was a catastrophic loss. With what happened at the end of last year, the lawsuits, and the boooing of the Gameday crew today we needed to look good and win. Unfortunately, there are bigger factors at play than just winning games for us. We are fighting the media and the CFB establishment and every little thing we do is under a microscope. We are very vulnerable and losses like this are just not acceptable at this time.
  • DJU looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane
  • DJU obviously isn’t showing anything to be excited about, but right now the OL is a bigger concern.
Rent free for Cockeye and Colorado.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back