Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What Michigan is Saying about Hausmann? (1 Viewer)

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
  • 247 Top 25 Transfer Portal Rankings (Michigan Commit is #1!)
  • 1. Ernest Hausmann
  • I think Gordon Gecko once said… “Greed is good.”
  • So Cade didn't make the top 25, DJ from Clemson and 5 other QBs did, interesting!
  • Rankings are about talent, not “respect.” McNamara has an average arm, little mobility and now seems more like a me-first guy than a true leader.
  • Sounds great. Mr. Hausmann can earn playing time the old fashion way. He'll earn it ! Thanks for sharing this good news.
  • Hausmann will be here for two or more years.
  • Hausmann should step in and be a difference-maker for a perennial playoff program
  • This may be our preferred work-around to NIL. We are not going to entice recruits with $$$. But we can sell our NFL development.
  • I would like to coin the nickname Boulevard Hausmann and just call him "Boulevard"
  • dorky francophile reference
  • This list is pretty cold to Cade -- not even in the top 25? B1G championship QB!
  • Nebraska fans are really upset about losing the kid saying things like he’s the next Levante David and Rhule let him walk.
  • Never heard of the dude, but his game-by-game stats suggest a lot of potential.
  • This fits the type of transfer that is easier for Michigan: first-year or graduate. Hausmann is a freshman so the transfer of credits is not as big an issue.
  • He is a 4-star rated recruit as a transfer, higher than when he was a recruit
  • I’d be surprised if he’s redshirted next year. He might not be a starter, but he’ll be a regular in the rotation.
  • I was Hoping for Decoldest Crawford just to hear Gus Johnson freak out saying his name
  • He has three years of eligibility remaining after playing one season with the Cornhuskers.
  • A true freshman LB has to be almost an automatic cyan. Experience matters so much at that position.
  • Interesting. Especially with NHG back next year. Nevertheless, welcome Ernest!
  • He had a big game against us, finishing with 10 tackles, including a three-yard sack for his first career sack. He topped that effort with a career-high 12 tackles the next week against Wisconsin. Hausmann ended the year with six solo tackles at Cockeye with a fumble recovery that set up a Husker field goal.
  • According to his stat sheet he recorded a sack against us. That alone is impressive
  • A quick glance at The Google makes it look as though this is a great pick-up.
  • Nebraska was not great this year but he got quite a bit of PT and racked up quite a few tackles.
  • LB is one of the positions that definitely needs a bit more depth.
  • He was also from rural NE, so he fits the profile of someone who may be overlooked by recruiting services. He was actually born in Uganda and was adopted at age 2.
  • He has a pretty solid offer list as well, including Cockeye, MSU, Nebraska (obviously) and a bunch of other midwest P5 programs.
  • The kid got a sack against our offensive line. He's already got my respect.
  • Freshman linebackers usually struggle, so no real worries about Alex giving him a cyan. He got playing time which should help his development and he provides depth at a position of need. Lots of eligibility left too. Seems like a good pickup to me.
  • Michigan got a good look at him during our game, and if our coaches want him…that’s more than enough for me.
  • He was a middling 3 star out of HS but did have a Michigan offer. And the extensive experience he got this year at Nebraska is valuable.
  • It's to our advantage. College football will be run like a pro team. We have a coach who has been to the super bowl. We can go get whoever we need in the free agent mar. . .transfer portal.
  • Makes sense given the depth chart at LB and the Michigan staff was apparently interested in him as a recruit so presumably some preexisting relationships there. That he forced his way into the lineup, even on Nebraska's defense, as a true freshman at a position where true freshman typically suck says he's got good potential.
  • The Nebraska fan representation on reddit seems really upset about this, so I think we got a good one.
  • Several schools including Cockeye were targeting Hausmann so it would seem like win for Michigan.
  • 50 tackles as a true freshman? sounds good. Come in and unlearn all those shitty Nebraska habits, and let’s go!
  • What struck me was that he committed to Scott Frost but didn't want to play for Matt Rhule.
  • He was a local nebraska kid, so committing to Scott frost isn’t wild. His LB coach at nebraska was barrett Rudd, who was also a nebraska legend.
  • A freshman who made real contributions to a team is always a big plus. I think this kid could turn into a legit baller for us.
  • Excellent late pick up to this class. Better than a 4 star recruit because after watching his highlights against us, he's game ready now!
  • He’ll see the field next year due to talent alone. Kid had double digit tackles against us
  • He is now the #1 prospect in 247 transfer portal rankings. He might be the most talented LB on the team when he shows up. His “measurables” are impressive. Watch him close on McCarthy for that sack. Excellent pick up.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Maybe he will find his Bert while there.
99d.gif

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds