Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What if Lubick leaves? (2 Viewers)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Oh I don’t really dislike him. I have nothing against him.

But if you’re a vegan with the last name “Lubick,” you should expect to be called Libdick.
I know you’re an optimist, but I’m to the point where I don’t think whoever Frost brings in is going to make a difference. I thought Frost was a home run hire when he was hired, but at this point I don’t think he has the answers to fix the issues.

Black5hirt

Running Back
tPB OG
Iknow you’re an optimist, but I’m to the point where I don’t think whoever Frost brings in is going to make a difference. I thought Frost was a home run hire when he was hired, but at this point I don’t think he has the answers to fix the issues.

tenor.gif

pokb3n7.gif

f8bf2dbb84d75516ce7bc56cd255eb92.gif

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Honest question why don’t you like Lubick besides he is a vegan?
From what I've read on here, and I think @kenyanfeline has posted some stuff about Libdick, is that players generally don't relate to his coaching style. Is a micromanager, and seems like he over corrects players. Again, this may be completely wrong, but just what I've come up with from posts here. And if that's all true, plus he's a weirdo vegan, then he can get out.

Seriously, probably lucky he's not out on the road recruiting. Could you imagine him being in some studs home and his parents cook a nice meal, he sits down...Oh, I can't eat your delicious BBQ or that awesome Gumbo because I'm a vegan, but please send your freakazoid son to play for me. As soon as Libdick leaves, that freak's parents are going to tell him there is no way you're going this far away to play for some weirdo vegan that can't even eat an American meal, scratch Nebraska off the list, sorry Junior.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
From what I've read on here, and I think @kenyanfeline has posted some stuff about Libdick, is that players generally don't relate to his coaching style. Is a micromanager, and seems like he over corrects players. Again, this may be completely wrong, but just what I've come up with from posts here. And if that's all true, plus he's a weirdo vegan, then he can get out.

Seriously, probably lucky he's not out on the road recruiting. Could you imagine him being in some studs home and his parents cook a nice meal, he sits down...Oh, I can't eat your delicious BBQ or that awesome Gumbo because I'm a vegan, but please send your freakazoid son to play for me. As soon as Libdick leaves, that freak's parents are going to tell him there is no way you're going this far away to play for some weirdo vegan that can't even eat an American meal, scratch Nebraska off the list, sorry Junior.
I'm not sure if @kenyanfeline posted about it, but yes he's a major micromanager. Especially with Betts, so much so he'll stop a snap in team to move Betts or another young WR no more than a foot or two or slide him towards LOS forward or back a half step. There was hardly a "why" he did it. Their body language you could tell it was well past point of trying to coach.

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member

I'm not sure if @kenyanfeline posted about it, but yes he's a major micromanager. Especially with Betts, so much so he'll stop a snap in team to move Betts or another young WR no more than a foot or two or slide him towards LOS forward or back a half step. There was hardly a "why" he did it. Their body language you could tell it was well past point of trying to coach.
Yeah I’m not sure I posted that exactly but it’s pretty much my overall sentiment. Waterboy doesn’t have enough to compare it to to know a good coach from a bad coach, but he did mention he was a “weird dude” and he spends more time working on tiny aspects that seem trivial in comparison to route running and getting open.

This makes some sense when you think about what we saw this year. WR’s unable to get open, likely because they were more worried about lining up in the exact right spot or running to a precise spot as opposed to finding the open spot or beating their defender.

I think when your WR coach is the offensive coordinator, you are predisposed to having this issue.

I’m of the opinion that your QB coach should be offensive coordinator. It lets everyone else do their job and let’s the QB’s dial in on the big picture and game plan.

That’s why I posted Helfrich + Uncle Keith makes a ton of sense IMO.

Helfrich is a proven QB coach and offensive coordinator. He struggle as a head coach, but you can’t deny the results he’s had in an OC/QB coach role.

Keith, from what I understand, is much more focused on teaching his guys how to get open. Look at the guys he coached and had a lot of success with: Stanley Morgan Jr. and JD Spielman. Two guys who arguably would not be in the top 3 of our current WR’s in terms of athleticism. But what were they good at? Finding the soft spot, extending routes, and getting open.

I know people have their opinions of KW, but the man is clearly one of the best at what he does.

I know it seems like a pipe dream but one of them lives in Lincoln and the other has a history with Scott Frost. It’s fathomable.

So again, if Libdick does make this move to Montana, the best possible scenario IMO is below, and I think the potential benefits of this scenario are exponential:

1. Lubick out
2. Mario retire to analyst role (he could THRIVE) in that role.
3. Helfrich N as OC/QB coach.
4. Keith Williams N as WR coach.

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
Fleming wasn’t a fan of being corrected on stuff like this either. I think Lubick’s intentions were good but at some point, you gotta let your athletic your WR’s just play football and get open.

Keith and Lubick could not have more opposite coaching styles.

Edit to add: Fleming would have transferred no matter who the WR Coach was. His body language and attitude issues that I had posted about in the fall were much more than just being upset about being micromanaged. It was chronic.

Last edited:

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Yeah, I can't remember who posted that, might have been you too. But either way, that's the way I read into it. I'm a firm believer in relationships with players and how you build your credibility with them with how your practice and coach them up has a huge impact on them. If that's anywhere close to the case of micromanaging and just not relating, it's understandable that group being a mess and/or underperforming. They obviously have/had a few dudes in that room, get them the damn ball, and don't overcoach them so much they're paralyzed by thinking too damn much. Just my opinion.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds