Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What if Lubick leaves? (2 Viewers)

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
Let’s have some hypothetical fun.....

If Lubick leaves to be head coach at Montana State:
What do you THINK will happen coaching staff-wise?
What would you LIKE to happen?

In this situation I’d imagine Frost would take a hard look at Mark Helfrich and then potentially have Beckton take on WR & TE.

It’d never happen but what I’d like to see is for Frost to go big and hire an established play caller like Tom Herman. Make him OC/QB, get rid of Mario, and then hire Bill Busch to come in as STC. Hey.....a guy can dream can’t he?

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
My uneducated guess is Frost would name co-coordinators, Austin as Run game and Beckton as Pass game, while he continues to call the swing passes...I mean plays. Then we would hire someone completely off the radar as WR coach.

I'm not even sure what I would LIKE to see happen because I don't want to get disappointed.

Last edited:

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
On the real, does anyone have any real insight on this if there is actually legs?

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Either coach from the service academy. Bring the option home. "Nebraska needs to get back to being Nebraska"
Here We Go Again GIF by memecandy

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
#1 RSS will start “Why not Keith Williams?” Threads daily
#2 Coach Frost will either hire Mark Helfrich or somebody completely out of left field
#3 RSS will start “Why didn’t they hire Keith Williams?” Threads daily

IF this were to happen, I’d like to see Coach Frost hire someone on the offensive side with head coaching experience (Helfrich fits that) Malzahn, Hermann...you guys are going to kill me for this one but a guy like Rick Neuheisel wouldn’t be a bad hire.

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
My uneducated guess is Frost would name co-coordinators, Austin as Run game and Beckton as Pass game, while he continues to call the swing passes...I mean plays. Then we would hire someone completely off the radar as WR coach.

I'm not even sure what I would LIKE to see happen because I don't want to get disappointed.
Fml

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
IF this were to happen, I’d like to see Coach Frost hire someone on the offensive side with head coaching experience (Helfrich fits that) Malzahn, Hermann...you guys are going to kill me for this one but a guy like Rick Neuheisel wouldn’t be a bad hire.
I forgot about Malzahn, he’d be a good one. HC experience wouldn’t be as big of a deal for me, I’d just want someone who has real play calling bona fides.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I forgot about Malzahn, he’d be a good one. HC experience wouldn’t be as big of a deal for me, I’d just want someone who has real play calling bona fides.
I think someone who has been in that fish bowl as a head coach would be helpful. Malzahn is swimming in money like Scrooge McDuck so I doubt he’d be interested. But he’s a dang good coach and being at Auburn he could help Coach Frost with dealing with the lunacy that is being the head football coach at Nebraska.
disney barks GIF

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
I’d take Matt Drinkall from Army. Future P5 OC in my opinion. Great coach, great play caller
Forgive my ignorance, but doesn’t Army run a run-heavy, option system like Navy? Seems like that would be an odd fit.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Forgive my ignorance, but doesn’t Army run a run-heavy, option system like Navy? Seems like that would be an odd fit.
He ran a power spread at Kansas Wesleyan before moving on to Army as an analyst and now TE Coach. This was his last year at KWU, he took them from awful to awesome in basically 1 year.
207F39F2-0103-42F5-8708-A2B9B81AE33E.png
To make a KCAC team competitive at the highest NAIA level with their scholly restrictions is incredible. He’s a star in the making
A9AAD7C2-8875-459C-A4B1-7E4E9CDF5164.png

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds