Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What happens to ABM/Gerrod with Frost gone? (2 Viewers)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Frost obviously was doing everything he could to help Gerrod make some coin, and John Bruning who I understand was a good chunk of the money behind starting ABM. Turd saw how poorly it was run hence the reason he has been working with a group in Omaha to get a new NIL Collective. Even the basketball players wouldn't touch ABM as they used someone else. To hear one of our biggest Boosters call Gerrod a "Dolt" was all I needed to know but he was Frost's long time BFF. I hate the nepotism that has had so much control over our Athletic Department and glad to see Turd addressing it. The program and players should be first and foremost not boosters and friends making money off of us.

My question if he is truly in charge does John Bruning kick Gerrod to the curb since so many boosters didn't trust him or like dealing with him? I could see John replacing Gerrod with a former player that is more popular with the boosters. And will we ever find out if Dean had a financial interest in the company?

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
@MtnHusker whats Bruning deal? Was he a bad influence on Frost? He’s the former AG? He’s the Attorney that represented Mo Wash?
I'm not sure he was part of the hard core Party Boosters that were a terrible influence on Frost. But he is deep in the TC. He was the Attorney that represented Mo, and heard he kinda mailed it in on that. I think he just had power to help protect Frost and his investment in ABM. And he had an agenda if he truly was one of the partners in ABM. Gerrod had a huge advantage due to his relationship with Frost and was given many favors when it came to access to the players and university resources. Some of those favors walked the fine line of being a recruiting infraction but in today's game if you aren't cheating you aren't trying. It worked to our advantage, think Mathis. ABM was given preferential treatment over their competition.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Isn't there a rumor going around out there that a new NIL collective is being assembled in Omaha?
Kim Kardashian Eww GIF by Saturday Night Live

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Isn't there a rumor going around out there that a new NIL collective is being assembled in Omaha?
Yes, Turd has been working on that. We have the money from boosters and businesses but need the right company to properly represent the athletes and bring value to the businesses.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds