Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota and Cockeye are Saying? (Big DR Commit) (2 Viewers)

Eaton Beaver

Prime Time
Elite Member
Oline was way better! Running backs sucked ass at hitting correct holes or reads and won't even get into qb's

InTheDeed

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
That's a pretty sobering stat for people thinking the oline was so much better.
That stat made me curious so I looked it up...hoping it would be wrong. And...it was not.

89th in sacks allowed...127th in pass attempts, ahead of only the academies. A sack allowed every 9.7 dropbacks (counted only attempts+sacks for this, I know it's not wholly accurate), which would be 120th nationally.

Still tho I'm hanging my hat on fond memories of RBs actually getting 6 yards on 3rd and 3 for the first time since the W administration.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I know the whole “winning the offseason” tends to be a joke everyone plays.

My question is what is anyone suppose to do at this point? Do you wanna lose the offseason?
IIRC Cockeye fans were PRETTY excited when they signed Cade McNamara last offseason. "Our elite defense + a top 5 B1G QB = Cockeye domination"

So when Cockeye makes a big offseason move it's legitimate to celebrate it. But Nebraska is not allowed to celebrate their offseason moves. Basically.

(BTW Cockeye fans SHOULD have celebrated signing McNamara, it was a good pickup for them)

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I can't say it bc it sounds like cope & making excuses for them....but I honestly think it affects the OL players mentally when they're blocking for a QB who they know has no fucking clue what he's doing back there (on pass plays).

I think the OL feeds off a QB playing with initiative. That's why they actually looked great during that 4-5 game HH "battering ram" offense. The offense had initiative and an identity and knew what it was doing.

When HH struggled so mightily at reading defenses & getting passes batted down etc the OL performance kind of struggled w him. Yes I know this sounds like making excuses for them but WAYGD
Wait What GIF

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
I was really hoping to see Colorado. But they probably don’t know that this happened since none of them are actual football fans.
They are too busy cummin from Prime’s Golden Showers and their so called #1 ranked portal class of who’s who. They might do okay next year in a weakened B12, but highly doubt they’ll make the playoffs like they are all talking about right now on FB.

InTheDeed

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
It's super clever and funny because both words have B's in them, you see.
I actually enjoy the Nebby/Debby nicknames, for the same reason I don't like nicknames for our squad's rivals. At bottom it's a sign of acknowledgment and respect. Fans don't nickname teams they don't care about.

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
What I find fascinating is that none of these teams' fans know that dad, Dominic, is an All-Time Nebraska legend - All-American, Remington Trophy, etc.
And the one that said he moved from Nebraska to Georgia for senior year of high school

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
They are too busy cummin from Prime’s Golden Showers and their so called #1 ranked portal class of who’s who. They might do okay next year in a weakened B12, but highly doubt they’ll make the playoffs like they are all talking about right now on FB.
I'm old enough to remember when they were going to make the playoffs this year

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds