Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What do you think about the Bo Davis rant? (1 Viewer)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

How would you react if you heard this type of rant by a Nebraska coach on a bus after being beat for the 4th straight time? Personally I think it says more about the kid who recorded it and released it and the battles Texas has with a culture issue. Kids are soft.

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member
fired-up-whoo.gif

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
lol at Texas what a bunch of losers

Toe

Wide Receiver
He coaches D, that's just par for the course. 🤷‍♂️ Some people understand that, others... are the people who are still butthurt about Bo's demeanor, lol.

"The most horrifying experience I had was my first game as head coach, flipping over to the defense. Listening to those guys on the headsets, it's just total chaos for 60 minutes. Like, did we practice anything last week? That's just how defensive guys are. It's frightening." - Kirk Ferentz

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
He coaches D, that's just par for the course. 🤷‍♂️ Some people understand that, others... are the people who are still butthurt about Bo's demeanor, lol.

"The most horrifying experience I had was my first game as head coach, flipping over to the defense. Listening to those guys on the headsets, it's just total chaos for 60 minutes. Like, did we practice anything last week? That's just how defensive guys are. It's frightening." - Kirk Ferentz

To be fair we destroyed them and Eric Crouch completely demolished a dude in his first game as head coach.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG

How would you react if you heard this type of rant by a Nebraska coach on a bus after being beat for the 4th straight time? Personally I think it says more about the kid who recorded it and released it and the battles Texas has with a culture issue. Kids are soft.

Good for Beau. Kid speaks to the current generation of kids formed by lawnmower and helicopter parents who never let their child have to take on adversity.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
If you've ever played sports at a high level; you've probably heard worse and directed only to you. This is tame compared to some of the ass chewings I received.
Hell yeah, got our asses chewed on the regular and some were epic. Shit we had coaches get mad at us if we got hurt. I was on a couple teams where we had players, me included, do the ass chewing. Seemed to mean more when it came from a player. We had some near brawls a couple times after players brought the heat in an ass chewing session. You call out someone in front of the team at halftime by telling them they are a "Mother Fuckin Pussy" and shit can get real.

When I coached I had a couple times I got a little fired up but nothing ever close to that level. I knew if I came unglued it probably wouldn't be a good thing. Every staff needs at least 1 coach who will drop the hammer and go Postal. Nothing better than looking out at the players seeing them all Bug Eyed in shock from the ass chewing they were getting.

Toe

Wide Receiver
If you've ever played sports at a high level; you've probably heard worse and directed only to you. This is tame compared to some of the ass chewings I received.

Hell, I once had my goddamn history teacher tell me "You ass is grass and I'm the fucking mower!"

Of course, that had nothing to do with sports and more about things I did with his daughter....

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds