Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Website issues update (1 Viewer)

TooTall

Linebacker
Insider
Elite Member
There's a post in that thread about SSL Certificates. I checked there and there are tons of errors about IP Addresses not being able to connect. I think we may be on to something here
yeah could be a apple or browser update that is preventing connectivity when a cert is expired, could be even a internal certificate within the server or xenforo also.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
@HuskerGarrett I ran the site thru a ssl checker and it shows that a root certificate is missing for the SSL, it could be certain versions of peoples OS or browser stopped allowing connections when this happens.

Thats a link to the result showing the missing root certificate.
Thank you man I’ll look into it

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member

TooTall

Linebacker
Insider
Elite Member
@HuskerGarrett I had no problems on my ipad until I updated it to IOS 16 today. Now it is one or two clicks then the error pops up.

Ive tried several other Xenforo forums and no others do this, so its either your hosting or maybe a board add-on that may be causing the issue. Not sure if IOS 16 added any browsing safety checks or not.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
@HuskerGarrett I had no problems on my ipad until I updated it to IOS 16 today. Now it is one or two clicks then the error pops up.

Ive tried several other Xenforo forums and no others do this, so its either your hosting or maybe a board add-on that may be causing the issue. Not sure if IOS 16 added any browsing safety checks or not.
That’s interesting. I am on ios16 as well

TooTall

Linebacker
Insider
Elite Member
I know @alt f4 was moving stuff over to the new host today so hopefully it’s a non issue soon
I have seen a couple times where the site was totally non-responsive too, couldn't ping it, that must have been when Alt F4 was doing something. It actually has been good on my ipad now for over an hour with no issues.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I have seen a couple times where the site was totally non-responsive too, couldn't ping it, that must have been when Alt F4 was doing something. It actually has been good on my ipad now for over an hour with no issues.
I’m having to switch VPNs every two minutes or so currently

TooTall

Linebacker
Insider
Elite Member
I’m having to switch VPNs every two minutes or so currently
This is such a weird issue. I wonder if IOS16 is doing something weird with it's 'safe browsing' crap and the hosting provider is not liking all the different ip addresses or something.
You are getting the "page does not respond" message and then changing VPN locations lets it work??

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is such a weird issue. I wonder if IOS16 is doing something weird with it's 'safe browsing' crap and the hosting provider is not liking all the different ip addresses or something.
You are getting the "page does not respond" message and then changing VPN locations lets it work??
Yep exactly. Then it’ll work for a few page loads and then happen again

TooTall

Linebacker
Insider
Elite Member
Yep exactly. Then it’ll work for a few page loads and then happen again
So bit of info, from what I can tell, that error page is actually generated locally on the user device when the page has been previously loaded before, it comes up when the client side scripting can't reach the server, then the cached script in your browser shows that error.
That would tell me it is likely a problem with the host server or the hosting company in that somehow various ip's are getting blocked for some reason, then you change VPN locations and you appear to come from a new ip and it is let thru for a few times.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds