Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

We are all dead, this is Hell (4 Viewers)

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I actually feel like this might be true for me personally at present.

If it's true for all of us, then "The Good Place" was far ahead of its time. I have to think Tone and some others are the hired actors in the Good Place that make it seem all the worse for all of us in the bad place.
I don’t know what that is but I’ll just assume it’s basically The Truman Show

Grits and Gravy

NOT A MOD
Elite Member
tPB OG
I actually feel like this might be true for me personally at present.

If it's true for all of us, then "The Good Place" was far ahead of its time. I have to think Tone and some others are the hired actors in the Good Place that make it seem all the worse for all of us in the bad place.
tenor.gif

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
I don’t know what that is but I’ll just assume it’s basically The Truman Show

Rather than posting a wikipedia link to the show I'm referencing, I'll summarize it myself, and make some parallels to NU football.

"The Good Place" was an NBC comedy series starring Ted Danson and Kristen Bell, with some other people no one would know. I binged it during Covid boredom, and enjoyed, but I'm not sure I would have ever watched in normal circumstances. Then again, who would pass on any opportunity to watch Kristen Bell for 22 minutes?

The premise of the show is: four unredeemable/shitty/stupid people die and are sent to hell, but are entered into an experimental hell program where there is a large group of actors that make them think they're in heaven, and have been paired with their soul mates. Hell has calculated that they don't fit together at all, but that is part of the deal to fuck with these hell bound idiots that think they're in heaven. Eventually, the four dead souls figure out that they're not in heaven, but rather the "Bad Place."

Most of us thought we were in heaven when Frost was hired. Now, we think we might be in hell. Who the hell knows other than Tone. who always "wins"?

Fuck, I'm out of steam for the night, and this probably became a worthless post. Sorry. If someone else can help, I'll appreciate it, otherwise I'll just abandon this line of thought and sleep/sober up.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
Rather than posting a wikipedia link to the show I'm referencing, I'll summarize it myself, and make some parallels to NU football.

"The Good Place" was an NBC comedy series starring Ted Danson and Kristen Bell, with some other people no one would know. I binged it during Covid boredom, and enjoyed, but I'm not sure I would have ever watched in normal circumstances. Then again, who would pass on any opportunity to watch Kristen Bell for 22 minutes?

The premise of the show is: four unredeemable/shitty/stupid people die and are sent to hell, but are entered into an experimental hell program where there is a large group of actors that make them think they're in heaven, and have been paired with their soul mates. Hell has calculated that they don't fit together at all, but that is part of the deal to fuck with these hell bound idiots that think they're in heaven. Eventually, the four dead souls figure out that they're not in heaven, but rather the "Bad Place."

Most of us thought we were in heaven when Frost was hired. Now, we think we might be in hell. Who the hell knows other than Tone. who always "wins"?

Fuck, I'm out of steam for the night, and this probably became a worthless post. Sorry. If someone else can help, I'll appreciate it, otherwise I'll just abandon this line of thought and sleep/sober up.
Just woke up. Enjoyed a blissful 45 seconds of peace then I remembered this game happened.

I enjoyed reading this. Anything to get my mind off how we completely kick a teams ass still lose Is very welcome here.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
Can't be an Cockeyes fan. They would win if it was. Has to be an Alabama fan that's still pissed about that loss in the 70s. 71?
A good theory but it could still be our resident Cockeye as he has seen that we have become self aware. Could have made the Cockeyes lose today to lower our suspicions.

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
Can't be an Cockeyes fan. They would win if it was. Has to be an Alabama fan that's still pissed about that loss in the 70s. 71?
Even a simulation wouldnt believe a bunch of slow white guys could win every game
The computer came to its senses today & gave Cockeye an L

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds