Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

VJ is losing his shit on 93.7 right now... (1 Viewer)

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
He actually said something along the lines of "Everyone loved Mickey as long as he was the head football coach around here, but as soon as he wasn't, then they turned on him", which is crazy because there were all kinds of people defending him all over social media. Then he tried to compare the domestic violence getting reported on right away to no one reporting about Scott Frost getting drunk at country clubs and said it was because of race... Just some crazy and irresponsible stuff.

Can anyone be more out of touch if you believe the people in the state didn’t want anything to do with Mickey when he wasn’t the head coach anymore?

One step more; What are we suppose to do right now in regards to Mickey? How would we satisfy the level of support this moron is calling for? There’s basically nothing we can do.

Mickey made his choice and cost himself millions of dollars. That’s on him. Not anyone else but him. Stupid moron and he’s got zero business leading young men moving forward.

1HuskerDad

Head Coach
I have been listening online to that station for a couple of months on and off. Funny that you posted this because I told myself last week that listening to VJ was a waste of time. He comes to the show so unprepared and spouts off on stuff he has no knowledge of.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Jesus Christ Ugh GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
It’s pretty sad that the entire fan base wanted mickey to be one of the highest paid WR coaches and a lot wanted him to be the head coach but this is what a former player says. Mickey pissed it down his leg when he decided to beat his wife.
I agree. A majority of fans would have probably took Mickey over Rhule, so the racist talk doesn’t pass the sniff test here.

jaihawk

Running Back
Elite Member
It’s racist if you don’t let a black guy beat his wife and maintain good standing at a public university where he’s the face of the entire state of Nebraska.

We’ve been over this.

Or when he was trying to say that the reason he or Terrell Farley weren't invited to talk to the players was because they were black, despite the fact that another one of 93.7's on air talent, Jay Foreman, was constantly working with the team and talked about it on air (oh, and he's black)...

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Or when he was trying to say that the reason he or Terrell Farley weren't invited to talk to the players was because they were black, despite the fact that another one of 93.7's on air talent, Jay Foreman, was constantly working with the team and talked about it on air (oh, and he's black)...
That’s the part I listened to. I didn’t even listen to the Mickey talk. My point is we are being naive if we thinks VJ is the only former black player with this opinion.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Wasn't Farley a pretty legit criminal in the hay day and shortly after?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds