Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Virginia Newspaper column: B1G talking with UVA and UNC (1 Viewer)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
A poster on the 247 board had an interesting piece of speculation. Oregon and Washington first spoke to the B1G a year ago and by late last fall were fully vetted and green-lighted should the presidents want to proceed with offering them.

Three of these four teams run spreads. Could it be that Rhule know 1) Oregon and Washington were likely joining and 2) the four teams will feature prominently on future schedules, which led him to go with the 3-3-5?

An interesting thought.

Huskers12392

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Virginia is a basketball school and has a top notch cardiovascular research school.
I’m sure their academics are great, but how would that be different than Stanford or Cal. Idk just all seem to be in the same bucket in my opinion.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m sure their academics are great, but how would that be different than Stanford or Cal. Idk just all seem to be in the same bucket in my opinion.
Maybe a few more tvs added? Not sure how those market lines work. Would think with USC/UCLA you get all of California. VA you maybe expand farther south from DC than Maryland gets you.

Miami and even NC would be a bigger tv footprint but not quite as good as VA academically. Seems like the happier medium though.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
A poster on the 247 board had an interesting piece of speculation. Oregon and Washington first spoke to the B1G a year ago and by late last fall were fully vetted and green-lighted should the presidents want to proceed with offering them.

Three of these four teams run spreads. Could it be that Rhule know 1) Oregon and Washington were likely joining and 2) the four teams will feature prominently on future schedules, which led him to go with the 3-3-5?

An interesting thought.

If I recall, I believe Rhule was 3-3-5 last year in Carolina and the year before that.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
It would be better than Stanford or Cal because they excel in basketball and baseball already. The AD has shown that they care about sports, they just haven’t been able to find the right football coach, but even then Virginia is a level better than Rutgers and Maryland historically have been in football. IMO if you’re looking for a well rounded conference with strong academics they are a slam dunk, and that’s not just me being biased because they’re my second-favorite college team.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
they’re my second-favorite college team.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Me neither. What does Virginia have that Stanford and Cal don’t? I’m not advocating for Stanford/Cal, just genuinely curious why Virginia is looked at as superior.
I don't think it is. I think they are looking at pairings, with Stanford/Cal as one and UNC/UVA another. The real gem in that group is North Carolina. Virginia has nothing over Stanford and Cal, but it might get in because its partner in expansion, UNC, is more desirable than any of them. Just a theory.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds