Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Updated scholarship chart post spring (1 Viewer)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I have removed Betts, Rogers and Wildeman. We are now at 84. That means that we can bring in another player. Or does it? Because we have K Bleekrode reporting soon and RB Jackson still possibly planning on coming. You'll notice that we don't have an upperclassmen defensive lineman now. That is not good news in the Big 10 and unforgivable IMO going into year 5 and the defense was actually good last year. If the rumors are true and we do lose one more Dline guy then the wheels are coming off of the season and is an indictment on Frost. That's something I'll address in another post.

Attachments

• IMG_20220422_202955.jpg
    IMG_20220422_202955.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I have removed Betts, Rogers and Wildeman. We are now at 84. That means that we can bring in another player. Or does it? Because we have K Bleekrode reporting soon and RB Jackson still possibly planning on coming. You'll notice that we don't have an upperclassmen defensive lineman now. That is not good news in the Big 10 and unforgivable IMO going into year 5 and the defense was actually good last year. If the rumors are true and we do lose one more Dline guy then the wheels are coming off of the season and is an indictment on Frost. That's something I'll address in another post.
Just lay it out man is Ty Rob like Cam Jurgens gone or Payne gone?

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Year 5 folks. I didn't think anyone could fuck us worse than Mike Riley but Scott Fucking Frost is doing his very best. The holes in the roster at critical spots are appalling.
This is a point I have been trying to get across to the board for a while now. It is year 5 and we don't only have holes, we have bottomless pits. The scholarship chart is a ghost town at some spots and only filled by transfers at others. Development and retention have been major issues. And those are the two main jobs of the head coach. It doesn't look good for Mr. Wood RIver.

OL - The only upperclassmen that started their careers at NU are Hixson and Bando. Two guys who have either barely played or had little success. Year 5 and we dont have a single junior or senior on the OL developed by Frost into a starter.

DL - Zero upperclassmen at DE or DT. ZERO. Nothing developed or retained. Nothing. Rogers was going to be our only one and even he was usually injured more than healthy.

RB - Zero upperclassmen developed and retained. Only upperclassmen are a useless transfer and a new JUCO replacement.

WR - One upperclassman in Omar Manning and his contribution to the team has been a roller coaster. All others are transfers in to Nebraska at some point. Nobody that started as a freshman at Nebraska then developed or retained.

TE - One upperclassman in Vokolek. He started at Rutgers and has been injured for most of his Nebraska career. Development behind him is either empty, a guy who bounced from TE to WR and back to TE and freshmen injured or otherwise.

QB - LoL

LB & DB seem to be the only positions with players who have been in the program from the beginning of their careers and developed into contributors.

ST/K - Double LoL then LoL some more. Revolving door of transfers who mostly have sucked. Punters and Kickers equal cock suckage.

We are in year 5 and the "program" if you can call it that is being held together by transfers. Most of which came to be with a new position coach.

Here is my ultimate point: The tradition coalition has some sort of leverage over Turd, but they don't have any over the players on the team. Not in the age of the transfer portal. The TC could strong arm Turd into keeping a head coach that everyone can see isn't working out but they can't force players to stay and play for him. SO MANY players have come in, saw what Scott has to offer as a HC and decided to leave. Add on a few players that can't act right (which every program has to deal with) and you end up getting a roster made out of sticks and glue like we see here. It is unsustainable and will lead to a disaster of a season ultimately leading to Scott's dismissal. Either this year, or after some miracle 2022, then the next.

Can anyone argue against that? I doubt even the biggest SF homer can come up with something plausible.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds