Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Upcoming 2024 OVs scheduled (UPDATED INFO 12-5) (1 Viewer)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Out of all the recruits who made official visits to Nebraska these are the only four who are uncommitted:

GRANT BRIX6/23LOGAN-MAGNOLIAIAOT6-5.5290493.927521
JAYSHAWN ROSS9/15LIBERTY NORTHMOEDGE6-3220489.82361298
CALEB PYFROM6/2CENTRALNEIOL-OT6-4.5310387.86583465
AMARE SANDERS6/2MIAMI GULLIVER PREPFLCB6-2167387.446696790

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
likely going to K State - take a UV a couple of weeks ago, going on an OV there this weekend
Did we cool? I know he had character concerns.
Or did he just not feel it when he visited here?
Or is he a KSU fan?

Any feel?

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Did we cool? I know he had character concerns.
Or did he just not feel it when he visited here?
Or is he a KSU fan?

Any feel?
The feeling I get is that he was looking for someplace he liked better than Nebraska.

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
The feeling I get is that he was looking for someplace he liked better than Nebraska.
& that is Manhattan, KS?
Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
& that is Manhattan, KS?
Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO
Sure, he may feel more comfortable there than at Nebraska. Rhule says guys need to do due diligence before they come to Nebraska because what they do at Nebraska is very demanding and everyone who comes to Nebraska needs to be fully bought in. He may have decided Nebraska's program wasn't for him.

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
Sure, he may feel more comfortable there than at Nebraska. Rhule says guys need to do due diligence before they come to Nebraska because what they do at Nebraska is very demanding and everyone who comes to Nebraska needs to be fully bought in. He may have decided Nebraska's program wasn't for him.
Makes sense that we take the JUCO WR with assault charges

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Makes sense that we take the JUCO WR with assault charges
I think we would've taken Ross for sure. We knew about his issues, had him in for UVs in June and July 30, and then an official in September. He was the one who didn't want to be in Lincoln is how it looks to me.

nja13

Elite Member
@Carm, how about this guy?
I assume it's an official. The tweet says the artcile is free, but it's not, apparently.
Edit: I am seeing elsewhere that it is an unofficial.

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
@Carm, how about this guy?
I assume it's an official. The tweet says the artcile is free, but it's not, apparently.
Edit: I am seeing elsewhere that it is an unofficial.

2024 Bishop Gorman offensive lineman Alexander Ruggeroli is relatively new to football, having just played for a few years, but teams have started to become enamored with his senior film. That’s why the lineman is headed out to Nebraska for an unofficial visit on Saturday.

Ruggeroli, who will be joined by his teammate and 2024 Arizona commit Audric Harris, is looking forward to the trip out to Nebraska.

The Huskers are one of several teams that have really begun to show interest in Ruggeroli, who had picked up an offer from Donovan Raiola in the spring of 2022.

The late bloomer feels like the best is to come for him.

“I used to be a basketball player until my sophomore year, where I was doing both basketball and football,” he said. “Going into my junior year I just focused on football. This is my first big year and I’ve played really well.

“I’m moving guys off the ball. I’m driving them. I’m getting my hands on them and going at them until they quit and then I’m pinning them on the ground. I feel like I have good, quick feet. Going against linebackers they can’t juke me out on pass pro.”

The relationship with Raiola has helped, but what Ruggeroli really likes is that the Nebraska offensive line coach has a similar teaching style to that of his current coach at Bishop Gorman.

“The line coach is good,” Ruggeroli said of Raiola. “He’s got the same teaching style as my line coach. As someone who teaches like my line coach — someone who has helped me through this journey — Raiola would be a good mentor for me.”

Nebraska recruiting staffers Keith Williams and Ryan Callaghan have also been involved in the relationship building with Ruggeroli.

This will be the first game for the lineman, but he said his mother grew up a fan of Nebraska football and that his parents told him that when they were pregnant with him, they attended a game in Lincoln.

“I want to see the environment,” he said. “My parents were up there when they were pregnant with me and they said it was a night to remember. They still remember it now. I’m really excited to go up there.”

As for what he knows about Nebraska, Ruggeroli didn’t mince words, stating that he’s heard the Huskers used to be a big deal.

“Nebraska football? I know back in the day it used to be fucking the shit,” the lineman said.

Ruggeroli is a three-star as rated by 247Sports and 247Sports Composite. He’s listed at 6-foo-6, 285 pounds and holds eight known offers at this time.

nja13

Elite Member
2024 Bishop Gorman offensive lineman Alexander Ruggeroli is relatively new to football, having just played for a few years, but teams have started to become enamored with his senior film. That’s why the lineman is headed out to Nebraska for an unofficial visit on Saturday.

Ruggeroli, who will be joined by his teammate and 2024 Arizona commit Audric Harris, is looking forward to the trip out to Nebraska.

The Huskers are one of several teams that have really begun to show interest in Ruggeroli, who had picked up an offer from Donovan Raiola in the spring of 2022.

The late bloomer feels like the best is to come for him.

“I used to be a basketball player until my sophomore year, where I was doing both basketball and football,” he said. “Going into my junior year I just focused on football. This is my first big year and I’ve played really well.

“I’m moving guys off the ball. I’m driving them. I’m getting my hands on them and going at them until they quit and then I’m pinning them on the ground. I feel like I have good, quick feet. Going against linebackers they can’t juke me out on pass pro.”

The relationship with Raiola has helped, but what Ruggeroli really likes is that the Nebraska offensive line coach has a similar teaching style to that of his current coach at Bishop Gorman.

“The line coach is good,” Ruggeroli said of Raiola. “He’s got the same teaching style as my line coach. As someone who teaches like my line coach — someone who has helped me through this journey — Raiola would be a good mentor for me.”

Nebraska recruiting staffers Keith Williams and Ryan Callaghan have also been involved in the relationship building with Ruggeroli.

This will be the first game for the lineman, but he said his mother grew up a fan of Nebraska football and that his parents told him that when they were pregnant with him, they attended a game in Lincoln.

“I want to see the environment,” he said. “My parents were up there when they were pregnant with me and they said it was a night to remember. They still remember it now. I’m really excited to go up there.”

As for what he knows about Nebraska, Ruggeroli didn’t mince words, stating that he’s heard the Huskers used to be a big deal.

“Nebraska football? I know back in the day it used to be fucking the shit,” the lineman said.

Ruggeroli is a three-star as rated by 247Sports and 247Sports Composite. He’s listed at 6-foo-6, 285 pounds and holds eight known offers at this time.
So this is a 2024 guy that has an offer. Do we think that is committable? Or are we after him as a walk on?
Why else would we not bring him in on an official? Are we nearing our limit of official visits?

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
So this is a 2024 guy that has an offer. Do we think that is committable? Or are we after him as a walk on?
Why else would we not bring him in on an official? Are we nearing our limit of official visits?
Raiola offered in in March, 2022 - 1.5 years ago. Raiola has been on this guy a long time. His OL coach is Kea Toledo, a former UNLV OL who is from Honolulu, so I am sure Raiola knows him. We were actually his first offer.

He likely is not a walk-on.

I am not sure the 'current coach' has re-offered yet. He'd have to re-offer for it to be committable.

I'd personally be surprised if we let him get away. I think originally, they viewed him as a player of interest and not a true target but it seems like he has shown he is a high potential guy because he seems to be having a great senior year.

We have plenty of officials. Typically, no HC wants to give an official without seeing someone in person first. Xander has not taken an official anywhere yet.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
We are at 37 or 38 official visits. If I remember right we can have 52....???

What I can't remember is if we need to save some for transfers. And I know we like to use some in the spring but I don't remember when the visit calendar resets. I assume it is after the 2nd signing day.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds